Non Imm O Multiple Entry Visa Run

Hi Everyone

Fairly standard question.

I hold a Non O Multiple Entry 12 month visa

My first 90 days is up on the 19th January

Questions:

1. I understand as I have a Multiple Entry O visa I am able to use the 1 day bus trip from Ekamai to the boarder.

Is it so simple? And so cheap, I was quoted 2000 THB all in

Are there any extra costs (for the extension etc)

I remember having a pay or the 90 day tourist visa in Penang a few years back using Bob Marley in Penang

Thanks for your help.

This is te first time with a Non Imm O so I want to make sure i get it right first time round with no stress.

You just need to exit Thailand, and return. On the entry card(TM. 6) be sure to enter your visa number and you should be stamped in again for another 90 days. No fees from the Thais, you aren't extending anything, but may have to pay for a visa to enter the other country, I don't know if that is included in the fee charged by the visa run company.

Edited by beechguy

Just to clarify. The poster writes:

"I hold a Non O Multiple Entry 12 month visa

My first 90 days is up on the 19th January"

"Non O .. 12 month", it that different from a Non O-A which would NOT require to leave the country after the 90 days, but just reporting to immigration in TH?

I'd like to just ask a question within this topic since it's based around the same visa.

I've been on a Non-O since May, and doing Visa runs every 3 months, but I'm going home for 6 weeks at the end of Feb and my 3 months expires on the 3rd Feb, which is annoyingly inconvenient. Do I need to go through another visa run to extend again even though I'm leaving, or can I just get a 30 day tourist visa from my local visa office or something? I don't really want to have to go through the 2000 baht process if I'm going to be leaving a few weeks later, especially if I'll be re-entering the country on a renewed Non-O anyway. Any suggestions?

No tourist visa can be issued inside of Thailand and a non immigrant visa entry can not be extended for 30 days for non medical reasons.

Do you have a valid reason for extension of stay, such as retirement/marriage and can meet the requirements? That would open another option of 12 month extension of stay and re-entry permit.

In that case, is it possible to get another 3 months on my visa without doing a run to Cambodia, or is that out of the question? If it comes to it, I'll just take the trip, I know that it'll cost the same either way, I'd just rather not waste my time!

I'm going to come back in April, which means I'll get another stamp and another three months up until July, but my plan is to apply for another Non-O when I get home and start again. After speaking to a guy on a previous visa run who has done this multiple times it seems to be the best way to stay for another year.

In answer to your question - no, I don't have any valid reason beyond a desire to do so.

I'd like to just ask a question within this topic since it's based around the same visa.

I've been on a Non-O since May, and doing Visa runs every 3 months, but I'm going home for 6 weeks at the end of Feb and my 3 months expires on the 3rd Feb, which is annoyingly inconvenient. Do I need to go through another visa run to extend again even though I'm leaving, or can I just get a 30 day tourist visa from my local visa office or something? I don't really want to have to go through the 2000 baht process if I'm going to be leaving a few weeks later, especially if I'll be re-entering the country on a renewed Non-O anyway. Any suggestions?

With a proper visa and extensions of stay, you don't need to do visa runs if you live here. My suggestoin is to do things properly and save a lot of money in the process.

If 2000 Baht is a lot of money to you, there might not be much of a choice, except maybe the 1900 Baht extension.

With a proper visa and extensions of stay, you don't need to do visa runs if you live here. My suggestoin is to do things properly and save a lot of money in the process.

If 2000 Baht is a lot of money to you, there might not be much of a choice, except maybe the 1900 Baht extension.

What would you suggest? What would a 'proper visa' be, exactly? When I first came here, or just before, I was told a Non-O was the only visa I could get that would allow me to stay up to a year, but I'd still have to do visa runs. If you mean a Work Permit, then that is something I'd be looking for. As it stands, I obviously don't have much choice.

I look at 2000 baht as 2000 baht. If I'm paying that much for a tank of petrol and a bit of ink in my passport, then that's how I see it. Divide that tank of petrol by 30, and you're paying a lot of money. I know that the costs are not for the coach and rather the cost of entry into a Country, but let's face it, there's little justification in charging anyone that money for walking over a line. That being said, I'll gladly pay it to stay here!

What would you suggest? What would a 'proper visa' be, exactly? When I first came here, or just before, I was told a Non-O was the only visa I could get that would allow me to stay up to a year, but I'd still have to do visa runs. If you mean a Work Permit, then that is something I'd be looking for. As it stands, I obviously don't have much choice.

I look at 2000 baht as 2000 baht. If I'm paying that much for a tank of petrol and a bit of ink in my passport, then that's how I see it. Divide that tank of petrol by 30, and you're paying a lot of money. I know that the costs are not for the coach and rather the cost of entry into a Country, but let's face it, there's little justification in charging anyone that money for walking over a line. That being said, I'll gladly pay it to stay here!

What is your purpose of stay? Since your visa is a class O (for "Other", i.e. you are not carrying a tourist visa), you must have advised a purpose when you applied for the visa. There are many purposes for which this can be issued, and your strategy depends on your situation.