Welcome To New Members - 2554/2011

Tywais

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post in here and I was hoping somebody can help me.

I am opening a Thai massage shop in my country, however in order to get a working permit the girls need to present a work experience certificatewith apostle stamp. We managed to make the certificate and stamp it by Notary Public(not apostle as it doesn’t exist). However now I need a stamp of the Ministryof foreign affairs or some other government branch which can double certifythat this is a true signature of the lawyer in order to present it at myembassy and get an apostle.

Please tell me of you know some company which can help mewith this stamp ( Ministry of foreign Affairs) or another way I can get an apostle stamp.

Thanks for your help

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post in here and I was hoping somebody can help me.

I am opening a Thai massage shop in my country, however in order to get a working permit the girls need to present a work experience certificatewith apostle stamp. We managed to make the certificate and stamp it by Notary Public(not apostle as it doesn’t exist). However now I need a stamp of the Ministryof foreign affairs or some other government branch which can double certifythat this is a true signature of the lawyer in order to present it at myembassy and get an apostle.

Please tell me of you know some company which can help mewith this stamp ( Ministry of foreign Affairs) or another way I can get an apostle stamp.

Thanks for your help

Welcome to Thaivisa.com! I recommend you post the above in the business forum. I think you will get a much better response from that forum rather than this one. Many of the specialized forums are watched on a regular basis by "experts". I know that's the case with the biz forum.

Good luck and welcome!!

Hello I am Coy, currently in Las Vegas, US. been lurking for awhile, decided to join so here I am. My head is spinning from all the information I have been cramming into it before I go to Thai. I will be making my first trip in Sept and staying anywhere from 3-6 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this. I am a Canadian living in Canada with a Thai girlfriend that I am very serious about. I have been to Thailand to see her twice now we want for her to come to Canada. I realize that she needs a visitor visa and I have never done this before, so any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, The best advice I can give is dont try to bring a thai woman to you country on the cheap. Employ a quality agency in thailand such as the one we used " Star Visa" they are in Chiang Mai and for yourself employ a good imagration lawyer. We did this and it was smooth sailing to get to Australia. We have friends who tried by them selves and failed, every case is different and that is why all the verbal addvice is no good for you.

Good Luck.

Ps: your going to here about the cold weather once she is in Canada.

Hello,

I was stationed in Thailand from 2000-2003. I met my wife,Somsri, while living in Bangkok. We have been living in the U.S. now for the past seven years. I retired from the military in 2005 and we are now begining to plan our return to Thailand. I hope to use information I gain from the forums here to make our transition easier.

Regards,

Mike

Hi folks, just a newbie intro today.

Here I come, another typical stereotypical retiree to LOS. Well, I am, stereotypical that is. I will heading to LOS around about early to mid September to grab at a slight early retirement. Early meaning pre 65. I’ve been lurking around here for a while learning the ropes about visas, cost of living and the general attitude of those of you who have moved to Thailand, for better or worse. Luckily most of you are on the “better” side of the ledger. There are a few of you who are really pissed off for some reason but, the world is made up of all kinds.

Me: I’m 62, Canadian, small bank account, small pension and tight budget. I’ve decided that I can’t afford to live in Canada on my income and don’t have the time to build a larger bank account. I lost two businesses in the 80s, lost even bigger during the divorce in the 90s, semi-gave up and became the artsy writer guy over the next dozen years. I used to write op-ed columns for the local daily, learned to paint (abstract) and make stain glass panels, none of which comes close to paying the bills, and I quit smoking around that time as well. I like Smithwick’s, the occasional Guinness and have found that Black Bush (Bushmills for unenlightened) likes me way too much.

I intend to live frugally in LOS and will need all the help I can get to find the right way to do that. I am leaning heavily toward making Chiang Mai my future. Everything people here say about it is positive and make it sound affordable and liveable. No, I have never been to Thailand before but I have been left with two choices: one is/was Mexico, cheap to live yes but, with the drug wars going on less desirable. I would have preferred scoping out Thailand before now but I hurt myself during my last (and final) contract in a very nasty place (central Asia) so my travel plans (scoping) were curtailed. I will be living on dual entry visas (visa runs built into the budget) since I don’t have enough in the bank to qualify for anything else.

Hope that’s not too much information but, there you have it. Thanks to all who may offer their help and friendship in the future.

Stereotypical Al.

Hello everyone, I guess im not really new, but i havent posted alot.

My name is sage and Im 16 from the USA. I will be an exchange student in 12 daysin Thailand ph34r.gif..ninja style :PP hahaha jk

I am going to be Living In Rayong Rayong Thailand for 10 months. I will be with the program Rotary Youth exchange, and btw am i one of the youngest kids here going to thailand??cool.gif

Feel Free to visit my blog/email me, facebook , or whatever ^__^ , I would love some coments, and any advice you guys could offer about living in Thailand :) Thankyou

Sage

Edited by SageYe

Hi, my name is Derek. I currently reside in Texas. I spent a couple summers in Chiang Mai a while back and fell in love with the people, city, and country. I'm finishing my MA in TESOL this coming May and plan on moving to Thailand ASAP, most likely CM but also considering BKK. I have friends that live in both.

I've really enjoyed reading posts and gathering information. I'll start asking questions as things begin to fall into place for my transition. I can't wait to gain experience and provide some input myself.

:)

Hi people!

I'm Cassie from the UK and I will be moving to Bangkok, Thailand in November. I've already bought my one way ticket there and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Was advised to join this forum in case I needed any help and advice with the big move. Also I figured that once I've done the move myself I can offer help and information to those who are thinking of doing the same.

Lovely to meet you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody!! My name is Trent, I am a chef and my wife is Thai.

Just joined... My wife's in Thailand for few weeks until I get there so in my boredom I found this website. Its got quite a lot to say!

I am keen to stay acquainted with you all and share experiences.

I love everything Thai and would love to live the country life with the family some day but alas it will have to wait for now.

With our traditional wedding in 10 weeks I have enough to worry about!

Seeyou

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im Matt from Australia. My wife Wan is from nong khai.. We holiday in Thailand twice a year and in about 20 years we should be able to retire in the land of smiles..lol

Im really lovin this site as im too young and dont have enough money to live in Thailand yet so i love keepin up with all things about Thailand on this site!!!!

Cheers Matt & Wan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hallo bellboy here

foram looks good.some very good posting.

hope i can meet the standard

With your nick I'm sure you will have plenty of attention Sorry Mig16 can't offer you a more welcoming smile but I want to welcome you all to this wonderful forum! biggrin.gif

Hi All,

I have been lurking in the shadows of Thaivisa for a while and thought I should register. My story is similar to a lot of members I imagine in that I am fortunate to have found an incredible thai woman as a life partner. Quite unexpectedly but naturally with all the issues that this website covers. so great to be able to get info and knowledge about thailand and the journey I have embarked on.

I am a Canadian by birth but have lived in Australia for 30 years and intend to keep a place here but will look to establish a base in thailand in about 4 years.

Michael Match

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all!

Found out about this site after a google for information on, wait for it, Thai visas. Didn't realise how popular this forum was until I was trying to decide on a place to ask for assistance following an interesting night out in Thailand haha. Got a very helpful set of responses, probably because they assumed I was a well behaved kid that got innocently drugged and not a stupid farang drinking too much! Seriously though, I usually keep things under control and it does not help being in places like Patong (don't actually like the party spots, but they tend to be the places people go to, including friends from home)

I'm backpacking around Asia, partying, camping, cycle touring, whatever goes. Currently in Thailand waiting for the floods to subside before heading north but might skip and go to Chiang Mai, Pay, Chiang Rai and surrounds before heading to Laos.

I will probably be back in Thailand another time so will be making more active use of this forum!

Cheers!

hi everyone, love thailand and am a regular visitor as i still have some family in BKK (lucky to be half thai and half irish haha) laugh.gif

am due in BKK on sunday night and came across this site while looking for up to date info on the floods!

i hope everyone here and their families stay safe and arent too affected by the flooding.unsure.gif

im not a big poster but appreciate the info and trouble others go to to help, big thanks.

mike

Greetings from the Sunshine State!

I came to the U.S. from Thailand as a young adult; my mother is the Original Mail Order Bride, from the days when you flipped paper catalogs until some pretty girls' pictures caught your eyes.

Just took an early retirement from the U.S. government due to PTSD from a war zone.

Bilingual but not bipolar. Bi-continental ---have friends in both countries and elsewhere.

Enjoy reading other posters' opinions and expert knowledge, particularly their perspectives on Thailand and everything Thai. Makes me love my homeland more and more (as much as my loyalty to the U.S. remains).

I blog and write anonymously; good with my hands (massaging, for example) and mind.