Tell Us About Your New Year'S.

Scott

I haven't celebrate New Year's Eve for many, many years. Well, ok, I've been talked into going out a few times, but I find it all rather anti-climatic after Christmas. About 10 years ago, I went to Soi 4 met up with friends from out of the country and on the way home (friend driving--neither us had been drinking), there was a guy laying in the turning lane of a major road. It appeared he had been hit by a car. My friend swerved and missed the body, but the car behind us didn't. That was the final straw. Now, I stay home.

But I know a lot of people who really enjoy the whole thing--and I was on Silom, Soi 4, one year and it took me nearly two hours to get out. It was absolutely packed and of course, I kept running into people I knew--but I was home in bed by 11:00.

So, I am a voyeur and would really like to hear about your New Year's celebration.

Oh, and I hope you all have a great time, a Happy New Year and a very safe new year.

I've spent New Year's Eve fixing computers in Post Offices. This evening I shall crack open a bottle of Mclaren Vale Shiraz and drink the lot. Tomorrow I'll be fixing hotel computers and lottery terminals. Fun fun fun all the way... :angry:

I am with you on this Scott. I can't recall how many decades ago was my last New Year's "on the town" experience but whenever it was and whatever occurred was enough to turn me off from the experience.

The crowds, inflated prices and drunks was all I can recall. But then again, I don't go to stadium events either.

To each his own. My son-in-law's nick name is "Party Marty" and he wouldn't miss this annual event for anything. He is sensible about it and takes cabs after his first drink.

Edited by ProThaiExpat

Boyfy and I staid home, with a visiting friend from Europe.

I definitely didn't want to go to crowdy places for fear of bombs (lived near Rachprasong intersection when the bomb went off on NY's eve a few years ago), and am not into fire traps like Silom Soi 2. This makes sense after Santika.

We had a couple of good wines, and friend staid over so as to avoid any drunk drivers on the road back to his hotel.

Happy and safe new year to all!

Tom, you were probably wise, but when I have visitors, it's hard because they really want to see the city in action and NY is a good time.

Glad your safe and glad you had a nice time.

Any word on how Silom was on NY eve?