Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

Went last night to DA SANDROS next to chalong gym same side as FATTYS, Good fresh food at reasonable prices..Italian and Foreign food...try it... well worth a try...O

I walked passed it yesterday and there was a huge 'for sale' sign outside. Good business then ...

Thats next door..:bah: ex DANS..closed about a month ago..dont know why?:o

Edited by LivinginKata
Flame removed

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went last night to DA SANDROS next to chalong gym same side as FATTYS, Good fresh food at reasonable prices..Italian and Foreign food...try it... well worth a try...O

I walked passed it yesterday and there was a huge 'for sale' sign outside. Good business then ...

Closed on WEDNESDAYS...

He closed due to bad food and service period. Never in my years of eating tex mex have I ever been in a restaurant and they forgot to make the salsa for the day. Here come the burritos and tacos with no salsa. Oh sorry, staff forgot to make today. <deleted>?

Good tex mex, Los Amigos in Nai Harn is very good and also consistent. Since the owner´s wife left him, the food and the service is 100 times better!

Good tex mex, Los Amigos in Nai Harn is very good and also consistent. Since the owner´s wife left him, the food and the service is 100 times better!

Where in rawai? Never seen it.

is it as good as sala mexicalini

Nai Harn lake.

He closed due to bad food and service period. Never in my years of eating tex mex have I ever been in a restaurant and they forgot to make the salsa for the day. Here come the burritos and tacos with no salsa. Oh sorry, staff forgot to make today. <deleted>?

ANOTHER WANABIE restaurant owner bites the dust,i wonder how many that is in the last year?

:o

Nobody going to mentioned Indian food?

Mr India in the parade of shops on the right on the way to Chalong pier is my first choice, but a very "English" version of Indian food. Large portions though.

Red Chilli two doors away from A&J's (he's finishing tomorrow, BTW) on Rawai beach road is more authentic, IMHO. But I could easily eat two servings at a time, they're so small.

Not at all, I had a chicken Korma at Mr Indias and It tasted nothing like the Kormas you get back in England.. Much Spicier over here, didnt really taste anything like what I know as chicken Korma .I'm not knocking Mr India by the way, he seemed like a nice enough bloke and the servive and popadoms were great, Im just a Pu**y curry eater. But If anyone does know where i can get a nice English style Korma / Tikka / Malaysian then do share.

Ah, I don't eat Kormas - too mild. In fact, I always ask for extra spicy Madras or Tikka Masala and get from 6 to 12 cooked chillis on the top! As they are take-aways, I usually pick off a few before I heat them up at home just to limit it to "extra spicy" rather than "ring-burner". :shock1:

But what I meant about "English" version of Indian food was that he cooks the dishes that are popular in England, e.g. Chicken Tikka Masala which (some say) was never a meal from India and only exists because an Indian immigrant concocted it.

So, all this talk of curries has got me heading south to Chalong to get some more... :D

Ah Curries... yes i miss them, although not an expert like you brits ... but I would be concerned about Thai Buffallo , yuk...

Went last night to the new Italian Restaurent at the new freedom complex after Tescos Rawai..very niice set up..looks good...6 of us eat there ordered various meals off the menu...very hit and miss,but understandable..new staff etc,my meal was ok one of the our crowd sent 1 meal back not hot,served .. cold..it is run by 2 italians with thai staff...will go and try again in the future..give them time to settle in..:angry:

Went last night to the new Italian Restaurent at the new freedom complex after Tescos Rawai..very niice set up..looks good...6 of us eat there ordered various meals off the menu...very hit and miss,but understandable..new staff etc,my meal was ok one of the our crowd sent 1 meal back not hot,served .. cold..it is run by 2 italians with thai staff...will go and try again in the future..give them time to settle in..:angry:

SORRRY I mean...FISHERMENS WAY COMPLEX

Yeah I know what you mean....as a regular there Ive been having them since Daeng started cooking them, I tried suggesting it there but it has fallen on deaf ears....maybe the fact that more people from the UK and Europe eat there than Aussies and Kiwis. Im back in a week...I will personally buy a lamb and give it to Daeng to cook on Sunday the 20th. If it ends up really popular they might try it the next week

Sounds good, I'll be there to eat that lamb, hope it stays on the menu!

Hold the phone...i wont be back this sunday...will give it to Daeng for the following sunday

Hold the phone again...i arrived back in Phuket early yesterday....lamb is on the menu at happy days tomorrow!!! I have convinced Daeng that I think it is a good idea. I hope a few people from the forum show up and give it a try jap.gif

Went to the Ravissimo (I think that is how it is spelled)...Italian place at Fisherman´s Way.

We ordered spaghetti carbonara, a capricciosa pizza and ravioli. We asked that the spag arrive first, to feed the brat.

About 30 minutes later, pizza arrives first. Cold. But we were so hungry, we started eating. About 10 minutes later the carbonara arrives.

Scrambled eggs included. It was so overcooked, no sauce visible, nothing white nor did it taste like carbonara. Egg bits everywhere.

Ravioli arrived, red sauce extremely salty.

One of the two owners came by and we discussed the carbonara. He was visible pissed and told us the cook has 10 years experience cooking Italian food.

Without requesting it, we were not charged for the spaghetti. He did offer us another one or something else and we told him that it was not needed, as our son was already eating the other stuff.

I wish them the best, but we will not be going back.

Went to the Ravissimo (I think that is how it is spelled)...Italian place at Fisherman´s Way.

We ordered spaghetti carbonara, a capricciosa pizza and ravioli. We asked that the spag arrive first, to feed the brat.

About 30 minutes later, pizza arrives first. Cold. But we were so hungry, we started eating. About 10 minutes later the carbonara arrives.

Scrambled eggs included. It was so overcooked, no sauce visible, nothing white nor did it taste like carbonara. Egg bits everywhere.

Ravioli arrived, red sauce extremely salty.

One of the two owners came by and we discussed the carbonara. He was visible pissed and told us the cook has 10 years experience cooking Italian food.

Without requesting it, we were not charged for the spaghetti. He did offer us another one or something else and we told him that it was not needed, as our son was already eating the other stuff.

I wish them the best, but we will not be going back.

Ate there last night. Seafood spaghetti was very good,pizza's o.k., not as good as M&M's.

Warning re. Wine Connection, 300m north of Hayek Chalong on Phuket Town Road (Chao Fah East):

If you have the American Breakfast, where they serve sliced bread in a basket with butter (usually frozen, but this week was surprisingly soft) and jam, make sure they don't give you multigrain bread with bacon!

I thought it tasted a bit funny after I spread my butter and jam on the bread and took a mouthful. I realised something was amiss when the next slice had a f***ing great piece of meat stuck in it!

Where else but Thailand would you get bread with bacon served with your butter and jam?

gallery_35489_975_1232.gif

Maybe should give Modena another try, because M&M, while consistent and not bad at all, IMO does not even come close. I have to say that I think his pizza improved quite a bit from the first one or two times I've eaten there. In the last few months it has always been awesome, honestly.

Gave it another try a few days ago. Modena is very convenient for me for take aways since M&M's moved shop, they are too far away now, but the pizza from Modena was again not as good as the M&M's ones are.

Warning re. Wine Connection, 300m north of Hayek Chalong on Phuket Town Road (Chao Fah East):

If you have the American Breakfast, where they serve sliced bread in a basket with butter (usually frozen, but this week was surprisingly soft) and jam, make sure they don't give you multigrain bread with bacon!

I thought it tasted a bit funny after I spread my butter and jam on the bread and took a mouthful. I realised something was amiss when the next slice had a f***ing great piece of meat stuck in it!

Where else but Thailand would you get bread with bacon served with your butter and jam?

I have given up on the place, food is crap and their wine selection has gone downhill.

The weekend brunch menu being the worst of it.

My ten cents on some of the place's mentioned.........

Kallot very good breakie and thai food too......

went to Yummies for lunch and had goulash was very good and fresh rolls very nice but expensive and the waitres very dumb got my thai ladies order wrong three times and she ended up just watching me eat also was soooo slow too about and hour too get our order just for 2 people not that busy i think the swiss owner is the cook and he was more busy shooting the bull with his mates than cooking our food??? but my food was good and i'll try them again...

Fattys ???? I have attempted to go here a number of times and its either closed or has nobody inside even went in for a beer and girl looked at me like she not want too serve me....

Aries corner in Rawai have had good food there in the past but last time we went the steak was awful impossible to get a well done steak there dog not even eat plus they make it seem like fancy place expensive but basiclly is a road side stall even had burmese street folk selling fireworks while we were trying to eat ...PISS OFF i hate that...no more

Rick en rools tried a couple of times to get a cheeseburger there but never open oh well....

good place i found was....

Brown Rice ....little roadside place near the old Dons next to motorbike shop....accross from rawai steak

run by a very cute muslim girl very affordable and all fresh food and all you can eat brown rice serve yourself very nice soups and fresh sandwich ....yummy enjoy

what happened to brown rice? i mean, where did it go? i was away from phuket for two weeks, came back and the place is GONE! let me know the details...

LOL, good one, no Salsa haa, what next, no meat in the hamburger...

Where can one get decent fish n chips with proper battered fish as I do not like the crumbed variety? Hard to find since the tragic demise of the couple from the shop on the road from circle to pier.

Purvarna (ex meridien yacht club) has amazing fish and chips with light beer batter and malt vinegar.

Not bad for 300 baht as you get 3 pieces of fish and large portion of chips.

Craving it now.mad.gifThanks.

what happened to brown rice? i mean, where did it go? i was away from phuket for two weeks, came back and the place is GONE! let me know the details...

She is no longer in Phuket. She apparently "borrowed" some money to open the place. Use your imagination for the rest.

I have given up on the place, food is crap and their wine selection has gone downhill.

The weekend brunch menu being the worst of it.

Thai GF ate Oysters 3 seperate times, 1 ok, 2nd it smelled a bit but the staff (experts on oysters of course) say thats normal, sure enough made her feel ill and live on the toilet... 3 Rd time same again, now given up... Get your Fresh oyster from the sidecar man 1830 Tesco Rawai.. 25B and sometimes Very large...

LARGE PORTIONS - CHEAP

Recently found these guys... Swedish Husband (So good with meat, burgers, meatballs..)

Thai wife, good service... not tried Thai food there yet..

Free Delivery locally....

Andys Kebabs and other Food

Congratulations, you have managed to find the place.

I just checked the map on their website, but based on that there is no chance of anyone finding the place. Ah, wait, maybe not that bad. Must the soi after the traffic lights coming from Chalong, where for a long time already there is a sign for a Kebab place. never checked it out, maybe I will now.

Edited by stevenl

Where can one get decent fish n chips with proper battered fish as I do not like the crumbed variety? Hard to find since the tragic demise of the couple from the shop on the road from circle to pier.

The Fish and chip set at 'chips and dips' next to the traffic circle on chao fa east isn't bad at all. Its's not a proper battered fish but you get a few decent sized chunks of beer battered fish and the chips are not bad too. Combine that with your choice of dip and a drink for 199 baht and on some nights I believe its buy 1 get 1 free. You cant loose

The Fish and chip set at 'chips and dips' next to the traffic circle on chao fa east isn't bad at all. Its's not a proper battered fish but you get a few decent sized chunks of beer battered fish and the chips are not bad too. Combine that with your choice of dip and a drink for 199 baht and on some nights I believe its buy 1 get 1 free. You cant loose

Hmmmm........don't know if it's the same owner, or, someone finally bought him out, but the fish batter was disgusting.

It was like eating fish in a doughnut.

Hold the phone again...i arrived back in Phuket early yesterday....lamb is on the menu at happy days tomorrow!!! I have convinced Daeng that I think it is a good idea. I hope a few people from the forum show up and give it a try jap.gif

So how was the lamb roast?