Aranyaprathet Immigration Queues

Recently I was at the Aranyaprathet border crossing at 8am on a weekday and noticed about 30 tour buses parked up and queues backed up into the street on both exit and entry Thai immigration points. I turned around as I wasn't willing to queue for what looked like 4 or 5 hours to do visa run.

Anyone know if these long queues are a daily occurance now? Or did I just pick a bad day?

Does the immigration authorities have any plans to expand their service to deal with the appalling queues of international travellers there I wonder?

The  queues  at  Aranya  have  been  covered  many  times  on  this  forum..........if  you  are  located  in  the  Chonburi  or  Bangkok  area  then  Pong  Nam  Ron  crossing  point  may  be  a  better  alternative  for  you.

Thanks for feedback....I drove onto PNR after encountering too many people at Aranyaprathet.

Would be nice if the Thai authorities could adjust their capacity to deal with the number of people at Aranyaprathet. Wishful thinking?

Now that Jack Golf is dragging their bus to Pong Nam Ron, just a matter of time (likely to be very quick judging by the dramatic increase in numbers seen in the just the past 6 months) before others follow suit and it becomes the next Aranyapathet... this'll probably happen before the timeframe necessary for the capacity is adjusted at Aranyaprathet that you mentioned.