Condo 15-20 Million

Hi

My friend is coming over at the end of the month and is looking to buy a condo in Bangkok .

He has a budget of 15-20 million.

The condo does not have to be new, partly furnished as he will redecorate.

Single guy, works off shore, likes the nightlife, but does not want to be on top of it.

He has asked me for my opinions.

Park Chitlom

Domus Soi 16

Hamptons Soi 10 Thonglor

Emporio Suk 24

Raffine Soi 31

Fullerton – Sukhumvit Road

Anand Soi 61

Madison – Sukhumvit Road

Does anyone have any suggestions having looked themselves recently or in the last few years.

Also can someone recommend an individual or estate agent that can take him around.

Thanks

I have seen a few of the list, for build quality Park is hard to beat but the condo design (of the ones i saw) is poor and the location not great. Rafine 31 is really poor, and a joke at the prices they used to ask (much cheaper now i believe) upstairs room ceilings very low duplex design for a midget ,The design and build quality of the Madison is poor, which is a shame because the location is good. of that list i like the Domus best but even though the quality is good it is starting to show its age a little .

If you want to get a agent to show you around CBRE do a good job at this. Once your friend finds a building he likes better to try to approach owner/seller direct , the building management will often help with this. Going through an agent just adds to the cost for no value IMHO.

My friend is coming over at the end of the month and is looking to buy a condo in Bangkok .

He has a budget of 15-20 million.

The condo does not have to be new' date=' partly furnished as he will redecorate.

Single guy, works off shore, likes the nightlife, but does not want to be on top of it.

[/quote']

Will depend largely on his purpose in buying the condo unit, and his intended time frame to hold it.

If self-occupied for less than a decade, location and ease of disposing it later matter most.

I have seen a few of the list, for build quality Park is hard to beat but the condo design (of the ones i saw) is poor and the location not great. o value IMHO.

He would be pushing it, We own one of the cheapest units at The Park Chidlom - corner store is Centrals flagship store Central Chidlom - BTS Chit Lom a few moments away. He is never going to get a Farang quota condominium there in a million years.

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/main.asp

Edited by pkrv

in that price range, there are some very nice two bedroom condo units at the INFINITY right in front of the Chong Nonsi Skytrain station...it has Sathorn Sq complex opening up next door in this quarter (and W HOTEL opening this year......on the other side it has Edition Hotel and Ritz-Carlton Residences plus the Cube Mall opening up in future.....very good location.

I have seen a few of the list, for build quality Park is hard to beat but the condo design (of the ones i saw) is poor and the location not great. o value IMHO.

He would be pushing it, We own one of the cheapest units at The Park Chidlom - corner store is Centrals flagship store Central Chidlom - BTS Chit Lom a few moments away. He is never going to get a Farang quota condominium there in a million years.

http://www.theparkre....co.th/main.asp

not so sure about that, i think prices may have drifted down a bit from what i hear, (and i know someone who has bought recently from a keen seller). The park sales office (who did not handle this sale in the end) will never admit that to someone who has already bought of course!

BTS Chidlom a few moments away! when? Its almost on Phetburi road for goodness sake, a taxi at 5 am on a Sunday morning maybe! otherwise (with the crazy traffic you get on Chidlom) a hot and sweaty 8 minute walk (and yes he timed it!)

Edited by wordchild

not so sure about that, i think prices may have drifted down a bit from what i hear, (and i know someone who has bought recently from a keen seller). The park sales office (who did not handle this sale in the end) will never admit that to someone who has already bought of course!

BTS Chidlom a few moments away! when? Its almost on Phetburi road for goodness sake, a taxi at 5 am on a Sunday morning maybe! otherwise (with the crazy traffic you get on Chidlom) a hot and sweaty 8 minute walk (and yes he timed it!)

Well I guess is the best thing he can do is to try.

Yep The Park do have their own sales office, true

http://www.theparkre...th/property.asp

The BTS Station Chit Lom is sort of on another road you did know that didn't you?

20m will not cut it.

Edited by pkrv

Well I guess is the best thing he can do is to try.

Yep The Park do have their own sales office, true

http://www.theparkre...th/property.asp

The BTS Station Chit Lom is sort of on another road you did know that didn't you?

20m will not cut it.

sorry PKRV, i didnt make it clear. i meant the Park itself was almost on Petchburi road, which it is, its just on the other side of the klong! and it is a fair walk from the Park to Chidlom station as when the traffic is bad there is no point in getting a cab.

To be fair you maybe right about farang units as i believe the unit that i referred to was not part of the farang allocation, but it was certainly less than 20m . As i said though in my original post the build quality of the Park is top notch and better than anything else i have seen in BKK . I believe it was the developers first residential project (they hve always done commercial/industrial in the past) and they clearly made a big effort . I just didnt like the design of the units that i saw and i dont like that location.

sorry PKRV, i didnt make it clear. i meant the Park itself was almost on Petchburi road, which it is, its just on the other side of the klong! and it is a fair walk from the Park to Chidlom station as when the traffic is bad there is no point in getting a cab.

The Park is not on the other side of the klong. It is directly adjacent / opposite to the British Embassy and Nai Lert Park - You do know who owns that hotel don't you? I believe the land The Park is built on belonged the Admiral of the Fleet.

It is located here:

http://www.theparkre...th/location.asp

Mind you The Park does have a 24 hour McDonalds near by - however I will confess we had Christmas dinner there one year - we were just exhausted! Handy however, and incredibly oddly, not bad - and that's saying something!

We prefer to take a short walk to the BTS and actually generally get really, really pissed off by the Taxies/Tuk Tuks beeping us to get our attention on the short stroll - God we have the capacity to summon a Taxi if required!

And BTW next time you are there take a look at the pedestrian pavements (sidewalks) I can scarcely believe the level of civic investment and standard that has just recently been applied. It is far superior to Ploenchit Rd itself.

Pay attention!

Edited by pkrv

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/main.asp

what about Thai ownership? How are those apartments faring?

The Park is not on the other side of the klong. It is directly adjacent / opposite to the British Embassy and Nai Lert Park - You do know who owns that hotel don't you? I believe the land The Park is built on belonged the Admiral of the Fleet.

It is located here:

http://www.theparkre...th/location.asp

Mind you The Park does have a 24 hour McDonalds near by - however I will confess we had Christmas dinner there one year - we were just exhausted! Handy however, and incredibly oddly, not bad - and that's saying something!

We prefer to take a short walk to the BTS and actually generally get really, really pissed off by the Taxies/Tuk Tuks beeping us to get our attention on the short stroll - God we have the capacity to summon a Taxi if required!

And BTW next time you are there take a look at the pedestrian pavements (sidewalks) I can scarcely believe the level of civic investment and standard that has just recently been applied. It is far superior to Ploenchit Rd itself.

Pay attention!

Sorry again , i do need to make myself more clear! What i meant is Petchburi road is just the other side of the klong from the Park, i suppose it just depends which side you are standing on at the time!

I do know the area well and am often (at least once a week currently) at meetings in an office almost next door to you. I am sure its a wonderful place,and you clearly love it but, for me , the location is not the best.

Edited by wordchild

Hi samran - there are 218 units but of course there will always be a few on the market. For some reason the Thai Elite chose to buy there. Mandatory military searches during recent events were simply rebuffed twice before finally they were allowed access - I think that sort of sums the place up.

The Thai quota is virtually full. The Park is now very well established.

Edited by pkrv

Hi samran - there are 218 units but of course there will always be a few on the market. For some reason the Thai Elite chose to buy there. Mandatory military searches during recent events were simply rebuffed twice before finally they were allowed access - I think that sort of sums the place up.

The Thai quota is virtually full. The Park is now very well established.

Ahh I hvae realised I made a mistake - The Thai Quota (i.e the BULK of the units in the complex) - Thia's buying into The Park generally start at 40+ million, Farangs generally own the few cheaper units (like us) that were available.

.I can take a guess at the the penthouses because I was quoted for them, but that would make some people pale.

Edited by pkrv

Ahh I hvae realised I made a mistake - The Thai Quota (i.e the BULK of the units in the complex) - Thia's buying into The Park generally start at 40+ million, Farangs generally own the few cheaper units (like us) that were available.

.I can take a guess at the the penthouses because I was quoted for them, but that would make some people pale.

Thanks - The THB40m rings a bell. I have a friend who lives there, a wedding present from her father...even though she didn't end up getting married!

Nice part of the world you live in. Very envious.