Prices: New Cars - Cm Vs Bkk

scorecard

I've noticed several threads indicating that used cars are quite a lot more expensive in CM vs BKK.

But what about new cars? I tried to google for prices but I can't establish any substantial information.

Would some CM members please share their experiences / knowledge on this point.

Actually I'm mostly interested in the price comparisons (CM to Bkk) for Honda City and Honda Jazz and the similar models for Toyota, but any info of course much appreciated.

Thanks.

when you buy a cars you are also looking for after sale .

so get one at your nearest show room .

for the simple reason that the sale and the staff will know you and in return give you a better service .

so what if you save 5,000b and when you have problem , there service their local client first .

buy one with a local show room

you can easily find showroom for .

Merc , toyota , nissan , mazda in thailand .

good luck .

when you buy a cars you are also looking for after sale .

so get one at your nearest show room .

for the simple reason that the sale and the staff will know you and in return give you a better service .

so what if you save 5,000b and when you have problem , there service their local client first .

buy one with a local show room

you can easily find showroom for .

Merc , toyota , nissan , mazda in thailand .

good luck .

Thanks Ta22. I agree, for many brands, better buy from a local dealer.

On the other hand, I've bought a new Toyota and a new Honda from Bkk showrooms then had to relocate for my work and in both cases I found the dealers at my new locations gave superb service, especially Honda.

Overall, I will still certainly agree that it would be better to buy from a local dealer even if their price is 5,000 or even 10,000Baht more.

the difference in second hand cars between Cm and Bkk is around 20k Thb, but by the time you have payed you flight down, looked around for the right car, hotel and drove back with gasoline etc, not much of a difference. If you live in Chiang Mai, buy in Chiang Mai, its easier to sort out if things go wrong.

It is my understanding that all NEW car prices are the same in Thailand. :)

Yes, that is my understanding as well.

Everything else may vary though; with increased competition between dealers and a larger sales volume, Bangkok dealers may be more willing to wave certain fees, throw in free insurance, dealer-installable options and so on. The 20-30K savings could easily come from those. Of course some dealers in Chiang Mai also offer those things free, but more dependent on how much they want a sale. For example, they're not desperate to sell a Honda Jazz. They are more desperate to sell a Ford or a Proton. (Though Ford's new Fiesta is giving them good sales right now it seems, but you get what I mean.)