Pattaya Bike Week

norwaygeir

When is pattaya bike week and where?

anyone know the details please?

There is a sticky topic with 2011 bike week dates including pattaya (Burapa). It is 11th Feb and at the indoor stadium from what i recall anyway, to save you having to look.

Edited by saorsa

Pattaya bike week is a PITA to get to, the venue isn't big enough to hold all the people, aren't enough toilets for all the people so you have to endure the cascade of "dirty water" from the overflowing facilities and it's definitely aimed at the Chopper / Honda-Davidson crowd. I'll be giving it a miss :lol:

Pattaya bike week is a PITA to get to, the venue isn't big enough to hold all the people, aren't enough toilets for all the people so you have to endure the cascade of "dirty water" from the overflowing facilities and it's definitely aimed at the Chopper / Honda-Davidson crowd. I'll be giving it a miss :lol:

They probably don’t miss you with the attitude you have to other bikes or bikers :)

They probably don't miss you with the attitude you have to other bikes or bikers :)

I second that notion. I wish I could be there for it but work prevails.

All the bike meets that I have gone to have had good deals on parts. You also get a chance to meat the venders find out where they are located.

Just my opinion though

They probably don't miss you with the attitude you have to other bikes or bikers :)

No mate, you've got me all wrong, I love pretty much all of the bike weeks and while I like to tease the Hogfats and Honda Davidsons IN GOOD FUN I have absolutely nothing against them personally. But the last Pattaya Bike Week I went to, which was TWO years ago, was a SERIOUS mess. If you were there you must know what I'm talking about. The traffic getting in and out was horrendous. The overflowing toilets and river of filth that ensued was beyond disgusting- anyone who was there couldn't possibly have missed it unless they were too drunk to notice.

Hopefully things have improved, but I'm not going to risk it until I hear that the traffic problem has been addressed and that they make sure they have enough dam_n toilets.

Anyway, you've been on this board long enough to know by feelings on this subject- I don't care what you ride- as long as you enjoy it that is ALL that matters.

When I'm on the road I raise a hand in greeting to pretty much anything on two wheels- don't care if it's a scooter, a hog or a whatever, we're all bikers.

FWIW some of the funnest bike weeks I've been to were the Nonthaburi and Lopburi Bike Weeks where 90% of the bikes are choppers. I mean, how can some of these bikes not make you smile?!

1004ChopperZm.jpg

1004Chopper3Zm.jpg

1004Chopper2Sm.jpg

1004Chopper1Sm.jpg

Ride On!

T

Yes it's very crowded. Can take nearly an hour to get in on a bike. Toilets are the worst for any big event.

Is it still at the same venue? The sports stadium just to the south and east of the city? The 2 lane road that leads to the stadium is a serious bottleneck- not sure what, if anything, can be done to address that problem. As for the shortage of toilets, the organizers just need to truck in more potties... :ph34r:

Yes it's very crowded. Can take nearly an hour to get in on a bike. Toilets are the worst for any big event.

Really? I have not been to a Bike Week event yet, and was thinking of going to this one, but I may change my mind. An hour on a bike? I assume getting out is equally crazy. I can't stand bad toilet facilities.

Really? I have not been to a Bike Week event yet, and was thinking of going to this one, but I may change my mind. An hour on a bike? I assume getting out is equally crazy. I can't stand bad toilet facilities.

Who knows, maybe it will be better organized this year.

I'm not going to risk running that gauntlet again- 2 lane access road with dirt shoulders.

People driving / riding on the shoulders kicking up clouds of dirt and dust- Air-cooled bikes overheating and adding to the mess.

I tell you it was just miserable sitting in traffic sucking dust and exhaust for an hour...

Once in it was ok if you stayed well away from the toilets. I just wandered out back and pissed off a cliff but I really felt sorry for the ladies... :rolleyes:

One of the biggest and best organized Bike Weeks in Thailand has to be Bangsaen:

http://www.hatbangsaen.com/index.html

mcparty2008.jpg

That town knows how to organize motor events! Plenty of room with the stage right on the beach, good facilities, and a good mix of vendors and bikes. They turn the beach road into a one way loop which keeps traffic moving nicely.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Pattaya Bike Week is a good chance for me to meet up with fellow Ducati riders who live on the Eastern seaboard and work offshore.

The past few years, I haven't really noticed any problems going to the event as I turned up mid-afternoon and left at sunset. I hate riding in Pattaya after dark.

I did notice a scarcity of toilets. The organizers need to take a serious look at this. Surely in 2011, there are better options than the mobile ones they use. Or is it a case of profit- maximization by the organizer?

As said earlier, it's a bit of a Hardly Driveableson event and I'm always surprised at the lack of sportbikes but I still think it's worth a visit. If you stay late, there's usually top notch music acts such as Lam Morrison. No Carabao I hope!

It's less compact than Bang Saen bike week which seems to be turning into a mini-bike meet but Bang Saen also features the most big bikes of any bike week I've been to.

Pattaya also heavily features leather-vested MC's which are also good for a laugh, especially the..ahem.. 'prospects'.

Edited by RusticCharm

Most bike weeks are easy access and reasonably clean facilities. Burapa is just too big for the current site.

... Once in it was ok if you stayed well away from the toilets. I just wandered out back and pissed off a cliff but I really felt sorry for the ladies... :rolleyes:

Well next time make sure that there are no ladies down there before you pee off the cliff.

... Once in it was ok if you stayed well away from the toilets. I just wandered out back and pissed off a cliff but I really felt sorry for the ladies... :rolleyes:

Well next time make sure that there are no ladies down there before you pee off the cliff.

Why feel sorry for them, the golden shower is a popular item on any girls list!!!

Why feel sorry for them, the golden shower is a popular item on any girls list!!!

Ballpoint's comment was funny as hell :lol:

Snowflake's... <_<:huh::blink::sick:

Ballpoint's comment was funny as hell :lol:

Snowflake's... <_<:huh::blink::sick:

maybe its a Scandinavian thing.. you know to keep warm in the snow !!!!!!!!!!

Pattaya Bike Week is a good chance for me to meet up with fellow Ducati riders who live on the Eastern seaboard and work offshore.

The past few years, I haven't really noticed any problems going to the event as I turned up mid-afternoon and left at sunset. I hate riding in Pattaya after dark.

I did notice a scarcity of toilets. The organizers need to take a serious look at this. Surely in 2011, there are better options than the mobile ones they use. Or is it a case of profit- maximization by the organizer?

As said earlier, it's a bit of a Hardly Driveableson event and I'm always surprised at the lack of sportbikes but I still think it's worth a visit. If you stay late, there's usually top notch music acts such as Lam Morrison. No Carabao I hope!

It's less compact than Bang Saen bike week which seems to be turning into a mini-bike meet but Bang Saen also features the most big bikes of any bike week I've been to.

Pattaya also heavily features leather-vested MC's which are also good for a laugh, especially the..ahem.. 'prospects'.

I also never noticed any traffic problems there .As regards

>> Or is it a case of profit- maximization by the organizer?<<

For God sake its free in ,HOW GOOD A DEAL IS THAT .

REGARDING TOILETS THERE ARE PLENTY OF BUSHES .

I also never noticed any traffic problems there .As regards

Just hope the leaves don't induce a rash...

.As regards

Sigh! Yes, I'm aware the event is free. As for the 'profit-maximization' quote, while the event may have no admission fee, there are sponsors, traders, food stands, clothing stalls etc all paying the organizer to attend and sell goods.

And I'm guessing those mobile toilets cost something to rent. That's the incoming and outgoing expenses there for the organizer. The less expenditure ( i.e. toilets) the more porfit. Basic economics!

And why the capitals? Oh, I remember. You're the &lt;deleted&gt; who posted before on other threads.

You like capitals? Here's some- FOAD!

...FWIW some of the funnest bike weeks I've been to were the Nonthaburi and Lopburi Bike Weeks where 90% of the bikes are choppers. I mean, how can some of these bikes not make you smile?!

1004Chopper2Sm.jpg

1004Chopper1Sm.jpg

Ride On!

T

LMAO at the handlebars that automatically gut ya & stretch your entrails across the road in a minor get-off.

Need clean toilet,,, that's the real biker spirit oohhh and a 5* hotel,,, ohh yes remember the good old days :)

I don't give a crap (pun intended ;)) about clean toilets, it's the river of raw sewage in the middle of the venue that was a turn off for me... :sick: