Thai Bank Account For E-Commerce

Hi all. Need to set up an account to take payments from within Thailand. Need to have sms alerts for incoming deposits (SCB only has this for deposits over 500b; need minimum 200b). Need quality online banking. (would like to easily see who has deposited what, online instantly).

And of course we'd like to get paypal functionality- how problematic will this be?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the first points but as far as i am aware the only debit cards that you can use to set up a paypal account are : K-WEB card [Kasikorn Bank] and The BB1ST [bangkok Bank]

You will need to chat with them to see if they offer the other services you require.

• 3 months later...

I saw some older posts that implied Paypal in Thailand is not reliable--as in, you can't get your money out. Is this a kink/scam that has been worked out by now? I use Paypal in the States and it's just so convenient, and our not-for-profit in Thailand would really like to start receiving donations via Paypal as well...I just really fear not being able to withdraw those donations! A waiting period is no issue (I read a 2010 post saying it was 5-7 days), as long as the money is truly available!