Exiting Thailand With Biological Daughter - Not Married

Hello! In March, I will travelling with my 4 year-old biological daughter to the US for a 3 week holiday. She holds a Thai passport(where she has lived her entire life) and a US passport(even though she has never actually been to the US).

I am not legally married to my daughter's mother.

I think I have all the necessary documentation in order to deal with authorities in the US. I have a Permission to Travel with Minors consent letter that I'm gonna get signed by myseld and Mom and notarized. This should be adequate in dealing with any authorities in the US.

My concern is with EXITING THAILAND at the airport. What documents, if any, will I need to provide at the airport to satisfy Thai officials? My name is on her birth certificate. Will a copy of that be adequate? Mom will be with us at the airport, too, so she could even give the okay at the airport if necessary. Thanks so much for your help.

Tip at the airport - obviously take all those documents but I have generally traveled without problems leaving Thailand when taking my daughter with me (eg...mother has travelled a few days in advance of us etc.).

Also remember - show BOTH passports to the airline check in staff to show that:

1) your daughter does not need a visa to enter the US (US passport proves this)

2) so they know that your daughter needs a departure card for her Thai passport - to exit Thailand.

As Mario says, use the Thai passport line at the airport. Your daughter exits and re-enters Thailand on the Thai passport, to save any hassels on the Thai side.

She enters the US on the US passport.

when u check in they will ask for her us passport as the thai one will not have a us visa.

when u exit show them the Thai passport.

I did this many many times with my daughter who also holds US and Thai passports and i was never married to her mother .

they never asked for anything ever.

Note for her next passport( both us and Thai) u will need her mom to be present or u will need to get a court order lisitng u as the sole parent.

If ur flying to the states check out Eva or Cathy both will have tickets for u and ur daughter (she pays less) for alot less than 90,000