What Would You Like To See Change In 2011

"1) the de monopolization of Samui Airport to allow Air Asia ect to fly in a reasonable landing rates

2) for samui Taxi's to use their meters , IE 35 THB then 5 THB a KM , same as BKK

3) to implement a proper public transport system ( buses that circle ring road and all major routes )

4) implement proper traffic rules IE helmets, no under 16 allowed to drive, drink drivers.... ( this would lower if 2 and 3 came in )

5) Tarmacking of all the roads in Samui, proper working traffic lights and road signs"

HAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry but even though all the above are very noble postulates I cannot stop myself laughing because they are like asking for a snowfall here. This is Thailand but to make the above happen she would have to be colonized first. And I don't see any willing countries.

All the above postulates and many others in this thread simply don't fit into the local reality. There are reasons why we don't have good roads, taxi's going by meter, big trucks, especially carrying concrete obeying traffic rules, effective police force, rule of law, environmental protection, good education system or even no other but a private airport here. And I'm afraid talking about these things by Farang here will do absolutely nothing to change the status quo and prevailing mindset of the Thais to whom this place belongs. Unless of course some "prominent and influential" Thais are reading this and CARE. HAHAHAHA .. sorry couldn't help myself again.

i want this water park that they promised us about 20 years ago.

They used to have some wicked ones back home with those big tunnel shoots.

what happened. infact i don't care. just someone tell when it gets built.

Also no more advertising stuff that isn't going to get built.

Gun liscences for foreigners

all roads tarmaced

A mono rail

and something international. something to do with motor racing. there is enough land here to build a race track and people can rent it for track days. maybe after alll that speeeding they will be too tired to drive fast on the real roads.

also a wake boarding cable ski same as banger and phuket.

also cheaper taxis

and an airport in donsak.

this would be better as sea trans business would boost.

ther is more land there and people from koh tao and phangan would find it easier to navigate striaght from donsak.

also a car ferry from samui to phangyan and to koh tao

and also maybe a fake cockpit to train pilots.

( sorry that lkast remark was a pilot error !)