Letter For Immegration Ayudhya Bank

thaimate

Just going to get my yearly extension so off to the bank of Ayudhya on Sukhumvit to get my bank letter ,first time( used other banks previously) wait for the girl and ask for my letter only to be met by a blank stare ,,so she gets another cashier " she, no can do ,me why get manager, Manager says they cant do it ,will phone ho ,,no can do . so off i trot to central , where at least i am told to wait half an hour for permission from HO , after 3/4 of an hour get letter ,but it doesnt say i have had 800,000 in bank for 3 months , ask again ,"thats all we can give you" says the girl ,then she forgets to update my book so the dates in the book and on the letter different ,.

I give up ,its back to Thanachart for me , last year 5 minutes from going in to getting my letter.

anyone else had this problem with Ayudhya?

ps they accepted the letter at immegration ,but like it to say you have had money in for 3 months at least

Edited by thaimate

Normally, the letter from the bank does not make reference to the three months balance holdings, the date of the balance holding is recorded in the account booklet, and the immigration office checks the account booklet in order to search for the three months balance date, the banks letter only confirms the total amount of the account at the date of you visit.

It the staff of the bank to not update the booklet on the "letter" day (strange really) then ask them to do it, if they don't (strange again) do it yourself by using the banks automatic machine that provide such a service,

If the bank does not have such a machine then in view of the staff problems it would be wise to change the branch, if there is no other branch near by, then change the bank altogether.

Edited by personchester

Normally, the letter from the bank does not make reference to the three months balance holdings, the date of the balance holding is recorded in the account booklet, and the immigration office checks the account booklet in order to search for the three months balance date, the banks letter only confirms the total amount of the account at the date of you visit.

It the staff of the bank to not update the booklet on the "letter" day (strange really) then ask them to do it, if they don't (strange again) do it yourself by using the banks automatic machine that provide such a service,

If the bank does not have such a machine then in view of the staff problems it would be wise to change the branch, if there is no other branch near by, then change the bank altogether.

Actually this is the first year i have used them ,in the past i was with Thanachart(but they did not have a visa card) they do now ,and they always had in their letter the 8000000 amount and dates it was in mentioned as did the Bangkok bank years ago .

I am now going to keep my main bank as the Thanachart again ,

ps i did update my book in the machine,thanks though.

just wanted to warn anyone that the Ayudhya branch on Sukhumvit are useless ,for us foreigners anyway and that getting a letter from any branch is time consuming ,other banks have always done it while i waited.

Have used The Bank of Ayudhya on Sukhumvit for about 6 years now and never had any problems. I call in about 3/4 days before to notify them that I need the letter, and when I go on the day to collect it it's ready and waiting for me. Normally they charge me 100 baht for the privilege, but last time they let me have it for free.

W.

Have used The Bank of Ayudhya on Sukhumvit for about 6 years now and never had any problems. I call in about 3/4 days before to notify them that I need the letter, and when I go on the day to collect it it's ready and waiting for me. Normally they charge me 100 baht for the privilege, but last time they let me have it for free.

W.

well i must have been unlucky because the manageress said that they dont do them ,although as i said the one in central knew what i wanted straight away .

as i said bangkok bank and thanachart ,both did letters immediatly no 6 day interval or anything ,but yes 100 baht .