Russian Tourist Stabbed And Robbed By Construction Workers

Rimmer

Russian Tourist Stabbed And Robbed By Construction Workers

med_gallery_327_1086_180710.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Russian tourist was seriously stabbed and robbed when he joined a group of Thai construction workers for a drink when he lost his way back to his hotel late at night in Pattaya.

Pattaya, 3rd January 2011 [PDN]: At approximately 04.00 a.m, Pattaya police investigator Lieutenant General Bricha Samti was notified of a foreign man who had been stabbed with a knife and robbed in a dark soi near the Pattaya Paladium on Second Road.

Full story HERE

-- PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-01-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to put up 'Beware of wild animals' signs...

would agree there, i have seen some construction workers get into some serious fights!!, mostly probably hi on lao Ko and Yabba

being hi, he probably thought the russian was threaten him when he raised his glass ...

I like this line from the story, "Once found, the suspects can expect to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.".........ummmmmm........what is that supposed to mean? really? the "full extent of the law"....what law?

I hope he gets better soon and makes a full recovery.

My guess is they took everything but his guide book. I hope this guy has a full recovery and those responsable are held to account. Seems stabbing season is in full swing.

Edited by waza

Construction workers on the juice at 0400? What were they building because I don't want to enter that building.

There is a lesson for newbies here. Do not consort, or even go near, a drunk Thai and certainly not a flange of them. I use the collective noun advisedly.

Construction workers on the juice at 0400? What were they building because I don't want to enter that building.

There is a lesson for newbies here. Do not consort, or even go near, a drunk Thai and certainly not a flange of them. I use the collective noun advisedly.

What in hell makes people be out at 4am drinking in dark streets, and with a gang of thugs, must have been near sloshed, didn,t he have time all evening to drink ? without staying out until the milk lady does her delivery. Asking for trouble in my opinion. IT DOES NOT excuse what happened here though, as people are free and its up to them to go and do as they please. Hang these high that did it. the intent is there. Hope he recovers soon-sorry again but he may have learned a hard lesson.

Guess I'd better stop seeing half my drinking buddies then given that they're so dangerous. One thing I can't understand is why they haven't robbed or assaulted me in the last two years. Come to think of it, Farangs win 1-0 in the assaulting me stakes - probably best to avoid drinking with all Farang as well.

I pity you with your ignorant attitude.

Always a "GROUP" of Thai blokes bashing one farang. Never hear of a one on one fight, they are like wild dogs once they drink a tiny amount of alcohol. The Russian would of probably snapped anyone of them in half one on one, <deleted>*king cowards!!!!

Always a "GROUP" of Thai blokes bashing one farang. Never hear of a one on one fight, they are like wild dogs once they drink a tiny amount of alcohol. The Russian would of probably snapped anyone of them in half one on one, <deleted>*king cowards!!!!

That's my experience too unfortunately, it's a common scene.

I like this line from the story, "Once found, the suspects can expect to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.".........ummmmmm........what is that supposed to mean? really? the "full extent of the law"....what law?

* some Russian people treat as inferior to Thai people

talk impolite to them as i see many times around Thailand at shoping or in restaurants;

Russians dont know thai peoples mentality ; Thai people seem small and harmless

so Russians mistake.

* Thai people are very very sensitive if you insulting or shouting them

because they know us the farangs as gentleman ))

they get a very big shock when they hear the opposite treating from farangs

and they ( some ) attack in the end ..

* we better speak with them politely..

they are really few Thai people do like that beat farangs that bad;

probably the Russian guy scold the Thai guy about some reason

which we dont know.. nobody beat like that for no reason

hope he gets soon well too..

I hope he makes a full recovery. Any idea of what was stolen?

Without doubt his trust in Thai people as a peaceful nation.

Many of the construction workers in Pattaya are not Thai and who knows what happened prior to the attack ... not that the ThaiVisa Kangaroo Court needs to delay judgement in the absence of facts.

The law that says stabbing and robbing people is illegal?

Yes newbies remember not everything is as it seems in Tland and although there are many kind and helpful people there are also a lot of dark souls behind those beaming smiles. Use caution. Use care. Particularly with alcohol around!!!!

OK, but if you went onto a building site anywhere in Europe at 4am as a stranger and joined in with a big group of mates who were already hammered, and then it got a bit out of hand, I am not so sure they wouldnt all gang up on you as well. From the experience I have seen of groups of mates, they do tend to stick together when one of their own is getting into a scrape with an outsider. Dont think the Thai's are any more animalistic than men from most other countries when it comes to fighting when drunk. No disrespect intended, but construction workers globally do tend to act in a more base manner, wolf whistling being another example. I saw a man get bottled in the UK one night by a group of lads in a nightclub. His crime? He asked the gang of lads to leave his extremely attractive girlfriend alone.

I hope he makes a full recovery. Any idea of what was stolen?

Without doubt his trust in Thai people as a peaceful nation.

Very true, however to me Pattaya is the furthest thing from real Thailand.

It is a place where White trash goes and sees who is the first one to fall of the bar stool.

I think you've seriously lost the plot. I think there's a hole in your head where your brain should be. Obviously the construction workers lead him into a trap, with the pre-conceived plan of lulling him into a false sense of security and then robbing him.

You make out like it was a fight or a misunderstanding. IT WAS NOT!

Poor bugger. Just tying to be friendly in the Russian way which some might find threatening. Russians can be gregarious and effusive when drinking. May he recover quickly,

What IS the story? who says "construction workers"??? - so now ALL construction workers are muggers?.... - immediately stereotyping is involved - no wait - this will have a racist bit when it turns out they were MIGRANT workers......if the headline was going to be balanced - the best description would have been - "(Number) men (or women) attack and stab........"What is the WHOLE story?

what is a SERIOUS stabbing?...is there another kind.

It just seems that TV can't even get out a headline these days.

Edited by Deeral

I think you've seriously lost the plot. I think there's a hole in your head where your brain should be. Obviously the construction workers lead him into a trap, with the pre-conceived plan of lulling him into a false sense of security and then robbing him.

You make out like it was a fight or a misunderstanding. IT WAS NOT!

Poor bugger. Just tying to be friendly in the Russian way which some might find threatening. Russians can be gregarious and effusive when drinking. May he recover quickly,

and you were there????I think you need to learn how to read critically.

As for " always a group of thais never one on one " let me tell you something. The f....ing english have the same problem. I have been attacked/confronted from a group english thugs many times but never one on one and before you start sprouting cr@p I am english but sometimes wish not.