Bo Phud Shooting

Not good news for samui for sure but, we are not alone in having these problems in tourist resorts, check this out!

http://uk.news.yahoo...es-3fd0ae9.html

Let me get this right...................you are making a comparison of problems in "tourist resorts" to the narco trafficers/cartels in the Mexican drug war!!! :huh:

Edited by carmine

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so just to be clear nobody has any clue as to why he was shot. everyone is assuming drugs. Like picking a crime out of a hat. maybe it was drugs, love triangle, mafia, land dispute. take your pick.

As noone has any real clue just specualting.

As for tracking down your IP. i cannot be done. to get an exaclt location. just comes up with thailand. Beleieve me i have tried.) joke!

Can guess all you want but most of it is not sub missable in court your honer. Objection this court is all based on hear say.

Basically sore far the facts are

Red motor bike.

1 shot to the head

Victim dead

Dunno is anyone has been arrested.

As for motive can only go on what the police tell the paper and the papers tell us. if not much then case settled.

there isn't really much else the papers can write about.

Sometimes the thai national papers in thai write more about samui than the local paper.

anyway if u come to samui your are probably 99.5 per more likey to get seriously injured or die in a bike crash than gun shot. As for being robbed probably about a 15 % chance.

It depends how vanerable u make yourself. i see some forangs walking around like they have left there brains at home. walking around the boxing stadium with just a pair of shorts on and no shoes. no even a fighter.

people walking like snakes through the street so drunk they can't even find there way out of the road. Then people wonder why they wake up on the pavment with money missing thinking they have been drugged.

Sometime more likely they got drunk dropped all there money on the floor passed out and cant remember.

Drunk people drinkng all day on the beach then fancying a swim.

more victims out here from themselves than by other people on people stuff.

Yes it does happen but u play with matches and u might get burnt.

and yes u r right about stray bullets but there is not that many cases of them compared with people who have self damaged themselves.

just making a few points.

i mean i am pretty sure that if i walk out this internet shop that i have to watch out for fast cars rarther than stray bullets. it ain't afghanistaan. though god strike me down if i am wrong. )

Blimey BigC did you get a dictionary for Christmas? .... your spelling and grammar has greatly improved !, i was actually able to read your post :clap2:

keep up the good work , and i am sure your input of ' vage ' was purely put in there for comedy value

keep up the good work

Edited by Boater

anybody ever visited kingston in Jamaica?

loads get ironed out in the middle of the street there and people just step over them and carry on., like its normal! mad or what !

actually i lived there for quite some time. i don't remember seeing any bodies in the street for me to step over but i'm sure it's happened. beautiful island, mostly political violence.

yeah, doesn't happen everyday though, once same, same in Soi Green Mango, right in front of the five star bar, loads of gals and people around, didn't do any damage to the trade there, same in the old reggae pub, point blank near the waterfall, at the sitting area.... nobody did anything... the guy just walked off and no harm to the trade either....people forget quicklyas long as they afren't involved personally!

Yes, and as mentioned before, usually drug trade or some sort of cheat, gambling debt, embezzlement of collected dues, rents....

loads get ironed out in the middle of the street there and people just step over them and carry on., like its normal! mad or what !

Far more danger from irate bar owners...'I saw you drinking in the bar down the street!!:annoyed: '

BANG BANG!

:lol:

:D

so just to be clear nobody has any clue as to why he was shot. everyone is assuming drugs. Like picking a crime out of a hat. maybe it was drugs, love triangle, mafia, land dispute. take your pick.

As noone has any real clue just specualting.

As for tracking down your IP. i cannot be done. to get an exaclt location. just comes up with thailand. Beleieve me i have tried.) joke!

Can guess all you want but most of it is not sub missable in court your honer. Objection this court is all based on hear say.

Basically sore far the facts are

Red motor bike.

1 shot to the head

Victim dead

Dunno is anyone has been arrested.

As for motive can only go on what the police tell the paper and the papers tell us. if not much then case settled.

there isn't really much else the papers can write about.

Sometimes the thai national papers in thai write more about samui than the local paper.

anyway if u come to samui your are probably 99.5 per more likey to get seriously injured or die in a bike crash than gun shot. As for being robbed probably about a 15 % chance.

It depends how vanerable u make yourself. i see some forangs walking around like they have left there brains at home. walking around the boxing stadium with just a pair of shorts on and no shoes. no even a fighter.

people walking like snakes through the street so drunk they can't even find there way out of the road. Then people wonder why they wake up on the pavment with money missing thinking they have been drugged.

Sometime more likely they got drunk dropped all there money on the floor passed out and cant remember.

Drunk people drinkng all day on the beach then fancying a swim.

more victims out here from themselves than by other people on people stuff.

Yes it does happen but u play with matches and u might get burnt.

and yes u r right about stray bullets but there is not that many cases of them compared with people who have self damaged themselves.

just making a few points.

i mean i am pretty sure that if i walk out this internet shop that i have to watch out for fast cars rarther than stray bullets. it ain't afghanistaan. though god strike me down if i am wrong. )

Blimey BigC did you get a dictionary for Christmas? .... your spelling and grammar has greatly improved !, i was actually able to read your post :clap2:

keep up the good work , and i am sure your input of ' vage ' was purely put in there for comedy value

keep up the good work

i get the strong impression i should change my name to micheal. or has the mike already been taken .)

actually i lived there for quite some time. i don't remember seeing any bodies in the street for me to step over but i'm sure it's happened. beautiful island, mostly political violence.

in london some taxi drivers don't even go south of the river.

America. Miami a popular tourist destination. Crack place in some parts.

Joe burg. World cup ws staged there.

Shooting and stabbig are part of life everywhere. I mean if us english are angry then we have to blame ourselves. i mean we did invent the gun. now we cannot even purchse something that our ancestors invented.

Shame i love guns. Some people call me sad. I don;t care. i bet they would say that though i i had a loaded on on me though. not that i am that type of a person.

Guns only a last resorte. Markus of queensbury rules is how things should be settled. or even in the boxing stadium. u get paid win or lose plus u have a referee.

Anyway it is a good wake up call for some tourists they get too relaxed over here. They need to rememeber to turn their brains back on or they might not have any left.

there again been here for 10 years and i stil haven't been robbed. been ripped off but not robbed yet.

well maybe get luck today. maybe because i am skint might have something to do with it lol :D

Shooting and stabbig are part of life everywhere. I mean if us english are angry then we have to blame ourselves. i mean we did invent the gun. now we cannot even purchse something that our ancestors invented.

Shame i love guns. Some people call me sad. I don;t care. i bet they would say that though i i had a loaded on on me though. not that i am that type of a person.

Guns only a last resorte. Markus of queensbury rules is how things should be settled. or even in the boxing stadium. u get paid win or lose plus u have a referee.

Anyway it is a good wake up call for some tourists they get too relaxed over here. They need to rememeber to turn their brains back on or they might not have any left.

there again been here for 10 years and i stil haven't been robbed. been ripped off but not robbed yet.

well maybe get luck today. maybe because i am skint might have something to do with it lol :D

Big C. I have been reading your posts on this forum on and off for a while now. I have no idea who you are but I would possibly pay actualy money to sit with you over a beer for an hour and listen to your musings on the world. You are by far one of the funniest posters with the most wacky observations on this forum. The funny thing is they nearly always are right.

You remind me of a Thai Visa version of Karl Pilkington :D

Big C. I have been reading your posts on this forum on and off for a while now. I have no idea who you are but I would possibly pay actualy money to sit with you over a beer for an hour and listen to your musings on the world. You are by far one of the funniest posters with the most wacky observations on this forum. The funny thing is they nearly always are right.

BigC is a legend in his own right on TV .... the Samui Forum wound't be the Samui forum without BigC ....

BigC is a legend in his own right on TV .... the Samui Forum wound't be the Samui forum without BigC ....

You mean " A legend in his own lunchtime"!!!:rolleyes:

Seconded :lol:

BTW...who is this markus of queensbury bloke? :)

Edited by carmine

The Marquess of Queensberry rules is a code of generally accepted rules in the sport of boxing. They were named so because John Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry publicly endorsed the code.[1] The code of rules on which modern boxing is based, the Queensberry rules were the first to mention gloves in boxing.[2] The Queensberry rules are intended for use in both professional and amateur boxing matches, thus separating it from the less popular American Fair Play Rules, which were strictly intended for amateur matches. In popular culture the term is sometimes used to refer to a sense of sportsmanship and fair play.

small_BG%20Queensberry.JPG

Edited by Boater

Man, you Samui TV guys are good posters.

Were this The Phuket TV Forum you would have endless posts about how Phuket is hell on earth, gone to scheit, continuous drivel.

I don't see one of those here, good job.

floodgates are now open.

Man, you Samui TV guys are good posters.

Were this The Phuket TV Forum you would have endless posts about how Phuket is hell on earth, gone to scheit, continuous drivel.

I don't see one of those here, good job.

floodgates are now open.

cool.gif

Edited by Boater

The Marquess of Queensberry rules is a code of generally accepted rules in the sport of boxing. They were named so because John Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry publicly endorsed the code.[1] The code of rules on which modern boxing is based, the Queensberry rules were the first to mention gloves in boxing.[2] The Queensberry rules are intended for use in both professional and amateur boxing matches, thus separating it from the less popular American Fair Play Rules, which were strictly intended for amateur matches. In popular culture the term is sometimes used to refer to a sense of sportsmanship and fair play.

I like the sideburns BigC.......ya need to find a new tailor though.....shouldn't be too much of a problem eh!! :D

<deleted>............thats BigC :ermm::o

Edited by carmine

I like the sideburns BigC.......ya need to find a new tailor though.....shouldn't be too much of a problem eh!! :D

And he looks like a Markus too !

I was actually there at the time and had just walked past the incident and walked into a bar just 20 metres away when we- the boyfriend and my young child heard two shots. I regrettably went to look at the commotion to see the guy laying down with blood pouring from his head, his leg draped over the moped.First time I had seen a dead person and was most shocked. We walked back to the Waterfront Hotel, where the owners have resided for 8years and they said it was the first time he has known this to happen on the street. This is a surprise to me also as it was packed with loads of families, like us and so glad the bullets did not ricochet. Bophut has a reputation for being a boutique and smart hotel and restaurant area - Chaweng is more likely to have this madness going on.The reasons will be one of the usual drugs, land,money, arguments, etc but most shootings are carried out in the hills and not in a family environment at 8.20pm!

i also heard the same thing, person shot at blank range, thai on Thai... there was supposed to of been alot of blood everywhere, with the thais frantically trying to clean it off the streets...

but with the above, this is not good for trade, as walking street would have been packed at this time !,

I was actually there at the time and had just walked past the incident and walked into a bar just 20 metres away when we- the boyfriend and my young child heard two shots. I regrettably went to look at the commotion to see the guy laying down with blood pouring from his head, his leg draped over the moped.First time I had seen a dead person and was most shocked. We walked back to the Waterfront Hotel, where the owners have resided for 8years and they said it was the first time he has known this to happen on the street. This is a surprise to me also as it was packed with loads of families, like us and so glad the bullets did not ricochet. Bophut has a reputation for being a boutique and smart hotel and restaurant area - Chaweng is more likely to have this madness going on.The reasons will be one of the usual drugs, land,money, arguments, etc but most shootings are carried out in the hills and not in a family environment at 8.20pm!

i also heard the same thing, person shot at blank range, thai on Thai... there was supposed to of been alot of blood everywhere, with the thais frantically trying to clean it off the streets...

but with the above, this is not good for trade, as walking street would have been packed at this time !,

Sorry, but since when do the shootings occur in the hills? On which authority can you claim this statement? That's news to me, they occur everywhere around the island, it's just that the majority of them we Westerners just won't know about. Whatever the reason was, I don't think the shooter could give a flying f about the surroundings in which he did his deed, to be honest.

We were also unlucky enough to be on walking St that night, myself, wife (Thai) our 6 yr old daughter, friends from Australia with thier 2 teenage kids. It was raining so the Street I thought was quiet as most

people were indoors eating etc. We walked to the Billabong Bar looking for a place to eat and was heading back to the Irish bar to eat. Then we heard what we thought was 2 crackers(fireworks) behind us, I turned around

to see about 10 mtrs away a bike on its side with the rider still stradling it. Took me a sec for it to sink in what was going on, told everyone to get inside put my daughter behind me as one on a bike went past us as nothing was going on, wasnt even gunning the engine, and the shooter? taking off up the dirt Sio that comes off the street. Got everyone inside as far as we could I was worried that all hell was going to break out with multible shooters and get caught in the cross fire. Went to see if anything could be done for him but he had 1 in the temple and 1 in the cheek, by the look of the blood on the ground at least 1 bullet had exited, so

lucky nobody on the other side of him got hit to. 1 BIB was there in 5 to 10 minutes just had a look and stood by, anyone could walk up have a look pick things up and after a while someone was sweeping the water away, we stayed in side till it was all cleaned up to save the kids from anymore grief. It was thier familys 1st visit to Thailand and we were all in Samui for my sons wedding, fair chance they will not be back...

Could happen anywhere, went back to Oz for a week before that and was told its getting worse there with gun deaths and violence. Just be aware of where you are and dont get complacent...

Sorry, but since when do the shootings occur in the hills? On which authority can you claim this statement? That's news to me, they occur everywhere around the island, it's just that the majority of them we Westerners just won't know about. Whatever the reason was, I don't think the shooter could give a flying f about the surroundings in which he did his deed, to be honest.

No authority whatsoever. We were purely there as a family at the tail end of our holiday. Our Hosts at the hotel at the end of the road who have been there for over seven years filled us in the following morning with what they know about how the locals work & as far as they were concerned this had not happened in Bophut in all the years they've been there. This is what we were told. I figured they know more than me.

No evidence, no photos, no forensics, no clue. BUT - We were there at the News Bar, with a child when this happened & were somewhat traumatised by the whole experience. 2 minutes previously we had bought a banana pancake from the street seller exactly where it occured. & God forbid our timing was right.

There's no need to be arsey with a newbie on here, I was merely stating the facts as I understood them to be.

"Bophut has a reputation for being a boutique and smart hotel and restaurant area." There goes the neighborhood! :unsure:

i doubt it will have mucch affect on business in the area. if the food is good. then it is still good for me.

shooting or not the when sitting in fishermans village i feeeel a lot less intimidated than back home in south london

"Bophut has a reputation for being a boutique and smart hotel and restaurant area." There goes the neighborhood! :unsure:

i doubt it will have mucch affect on business in the area. if the food is good. then it is still good for me.

shooting or not the when sitting in fishermans village i feeeel a lot less intimidated than back home in south london

I agree, out of sight, out of mind. Who's round is it?

No authority whatsoever. We were purely there as a family at the tail end of our holiday. Our Hosts at the hotel at the end of the road who have been there for over seven years filled us in the following morning with what they know about how the locals work & as far as they were concerned this had not happened in Bophut in all the years they've been there. This is what we were told. I figured they know more than me.

No evidence, no photos, no forensics, no clue. BUT - We were there at the News Bar, with a child when this happened & were somewhat traumatised by the whole experience. 2 minutes previously we had bought a banana pancake from the street seller exactly where it occured. & God forbid our timing was right.

There's no need to be arsey with a newbie on here, I was merely stating the facts as I understood them to be.

Hi Annabel;e,

I can understand being intimidated, the same I would be if it would've happened near me, however,t he information given to you that the locals go in to the hills to shoot each other is absolute BS and although FV may have been exempt to shootings so far, other villages around the island haven't and unknown to most tourists, a lot of unsolved murders happen all over Thailand on a daily base, but it's almost always Thai on Thai.

For everybody who I had to witness this, I feel sorry, but it's one of the things that can happen in Thailand, although usually it's kept kind of outside of tourist areas but thats by no means a given fact! Unfortunately I know of too many shootings and some of them have happened in very public places and some did involve Westerners as target.