Leaving Thailand Without Entering Other Country

I need to do a border run to activate the second entry of my tourist visa. Since some countries (Cambodia, Laos, etc.) require you to buy a visa to enter, is it possible to leave Thailand and then go right back in without going into the neighboring country, thus avoiding the visa fee for the neighboring countries?

Thank you in advance.

No.

Thai immigration will be looking for the exit stamp from the other country. This is why it's also not possible for those of us with multiple passports to swap passports at a land crossing.

While it is not possible to avoid the visa fee from the neighboring country, it is possible to exit without physically leaving Thailand by using an agent at the border. For Cambodia, it is possible that the agent fee and the fee charged for the visa can actually be lower than the visa fee if you were to cross the border by yourself.

No idea where you are, I live 50km north of BKK and a nice run is to Ranong, The stamp to Burma is very small, 2x Thai + 2x Burma in/put stamp take up less then 1/2 a page, I have been on the most expensive Express Bus... Big Tour bus with only 23 seats.. 666 baht.. there are 3 buses 2x a day, 23 seats + 34 seats and the 54 seat, all the buses travel together, I like to sleep so have on been on the 170 degree 23 seat bus. about 7 hours...

I drive my car and leave it near there Office in BKK, or you can pick it up at the South Bus Station.

In Ranong you take a long boat, to Burma it is nice and clean place not at all like Cambodia, the Burma stamp is $10, or if you have not then the Office of the boat men well change it for you you give them 500 baht.... The long boat is cheaper if more people go, I went alone in the boat, The guide took me around the town and to the Burma Immigration Office, boat cost 400 baht.

I do stay in Ranong at the Tinidee Spar Hotel for a couple of night [4* and big room cost 590 baht per night] Free use of all the Spars, Gym etc..

At the end of the day is about the same price, but if uses only 1/2 page in passport, NoT full page Visa + the in and out stamps on another page.

Only by air.

Example-Return ticket to Singapore Changi, no need to leave the transit lounge, just turn around and come back on next flight.

That's interesting, as I asked exactly this question in another thread: doing a return flight to KL without leaving the transit lounge; to which other members answered 'not possible'.

Only by air.

Example-Return ticket to Singapore Changi, no need to leave the transit lounge, just turn around and come back on next flight.

That's interesting, as I asked exactly this question in another thread: doing a return flight to KL without leaving the transit lounge; to which other members answered 'not possible'.

This is possible, but keep your boarding passes.