Cuts From Shaving

gravion

Now me, I take a tip from the Thai lads, which I'm happy to pass on to the wise amongst you. Simply take two one baht coins and place them between thumb and forefinger. Then, using one of the mirrors on your 'bike for guidance help, (this is what they were put there for), pluck the offending hairs out one by one. Do your nasal hairs and spots at the same time, why not? Should you grow tired of this, or be interrupted by a sudden, forward, unexplained surge in the traffic, simply replace the coins in your ears (that's what they were put there for) and continue your ride until the next occasion to continue your grooming occurs. Note that this method requires no blade, no lotion, no foam, no after shave, no electricity and, best of all, causes no facial cuts. Should you notice a certain dullness at the edge of the coins after a year or two, simply turn them over and continue with the other side. In cases where ear wax build up is suspected of dulling the coin edge, simply spend the coins and replace with two fresh ones. Easy - eh? Another advantage to this method is that you don't have to be anywhere special to do it. Night or day, rain or shine, Sukhumvit will do equally as well as Silom.

My wife often says that she is impressed by the way I have adopted Thai ways in my day to day life. Frankly, I am a little surprised that none of the brighter TV members had spotted this as a solution to the OP's problem. Come on chaps! Wake up, look around you and take note - many of our so-called problems could be solved if we just paid some attention to the teachers that dwell amongst us.

Next week, my take on anti-perspirants and de-odourants.

:lol::clap2::clap2:

Best time to shave is in the evening. Wash your face first, hot water with soap or shower gel, (after a shower is best) the bristles on your face absorbs the water and become more pliable. Use a quality shaving Gel, and a non-disposable razor, something like a Gillette Mac-3. Don't put aftershave on you mush!!! Use a moisturiser.

First bit of advice is good, but you should always use aftershave to help prevent rash, dryness (many have moisturisers built in) and is an antiseptic.

If the op wants a consistent smooth shave he will have to find what suits him, not what others have experienced or think.

He asked, didn't he.

I have always been a big fan of Gillette Mach 3, but I bought myself a Gillette Fusion in Abu Dhabi recently and it is superb, gives really nice close shave.

I don’t think it is available here yet, but I have enough refills to last a long time.:thumbsup:

It's quite simple: don't be so rough. Many guys just do it too hard. Do it as lightly as possible, immediately after a shower (wet your face as soon as you get in).

How is it possible to shave too hard?

Either you run the blade over your face, or you don't! Or do you maybe talk to it nicely first?

It's quite simple: don't be so rough. Many guys just do it too hard. Do it as lightly as possible, immediately after a shower (wet your face as soon as you get in).

How is it possible to shave too hard?

Either you run the blade over your face, or you don't! Or do you maybe talk to it nicely first?

Duh. Can you press your hand against your face with varying pressure? Same thing with a blade.

I gave up having a good shave many years ago.. Only way is to hurt my very very hard and thick beard and cut myself.

So now i simply use an electric razor for most parts (if i go out at night i gotta shove again) and finish off the lower neck and the hair the the electric razor missed with a random 3 bladed razor. No clean shave for me, its hopeless. Feel a lot better that way though, i feel like a real man.. Too many androgen weirdos around

I prefer to shave after shower too but every time I do I get flashbacks to Queer Eye For the Gay Guy (or was it 'Fab Five'?) with the gay guys doing makeovers of men and one advice from them was always to shave before the shower, something about the skin being less sensitive and then washing away all the hair...anyone else remember that?

I prefer to shave after shower too but every time I do I get flashbacks to Queer Eye For the Gay Guy (or was it 'Fab Five'?) with the gay guys doing makeovers of men and one advice from them was always to shave before the shower, something about the skin being less sensitive and then washing away all the hair...anyone else remember that?

Um, no. Apparently we do not watch the same shows. laugh.gif (And I wouldn't admit it if we did.) laugh.giflaugh.gif