Cost To Have A Website Built

Blackandwhite

Does anybody have any ideas on the cost of having a simple 5 page template website built ??

In English text will be provided will need photo for each page and the artwork ect included in the cost, domain name ect will be purchased separately, the site will not need hosting.

If you do not host the site, how will people be able to view it?

also once you do host the site, most hosters will provide quick easy software online to get you going, can be done minutes. Joomla springs to mind, google it

Even easier than the above suggestions, use Google Sites.

I have run 3 websites for several years from that service. It's free and as easy as word processing in Microsoft Word. You just have to put up with Google's advertising in a side column. But isn't everybody used to that anyway (look at Thai Visa)?

However, if you need more complicated features like online purchasing or other interactive capability you're talking apples and oranges between that and a fairly simple hosted site with templates (such as Google's).

If your site is fairly simple and straightforward, but you're still afraid to tackle it, PM me. Maybe we can work a deal. I can show you my websites upon request.

Cheers,

FH

I'm assuming when you say you don't need hosting that wherever you've purchased your domain from is giving you hosting also.

With regards to costs, it's one of those "how long is a piece of string" things . . . you also have to realize that if you are paying someone to build it for you, you are not just paying for the actual time taken, but rather a whole host of other factors including the "value" of the project, the experience and skills of the person building it etc.

As mentioned before, there are hundreds of "free" options to get you up and running that you can do yourself with little or no knowledge.

As with everything, but especially with website builds however, you do get what you pay for which is worth remembering.

I'm also about to get started on building a website.

Is it possible to construct a site (commercial) that will upload to facebook simultaneously?? Or even a site that takes what you upload to facebook and adds it to your website??

Depends on what you mean by upload to FB, there are various methods of integrating content into Facebook, from Like button, authentication, displaying friends etc. You can also add some meta tags to your site so that it is seen by Facebook as a Fan Page.

In terms of getting content visible in FB I would recommend using RSS to distribute your content, then you can use one of the many RSS Facebook Applications to publish links to your content, I use RSS Graffiti which also sends out a Tweet on twitter and uses bit.ly URL shortening.

The best thing sbout this solution is that it's all free.