Nursery For 19 Months Old

vspin134

We are looking for a nursery for our daughter here in Chiangmai. She is 19months...We live in Sansai area and we look for a small-medium size nursery with Native English Language caretaker with a bit of Thai language start-up.

Try NAPA. It's on the same ring road as Rimchot market. Head towards city hall and it's on your right. Bilingual with 2 full-time foreign native-speaking teachers plus lots of Thai teachers. Your 19 month old can join their nursery class.

Try NAPA. It's on the same ring road as Rimchot market. Head towards city hall and it's on your right. Bilingual with 2 full-time foreign native-speaking teachers plus lots of Thai teachers. Your 19 month old can join their nursery class.

thanks. any idea the size of the school.

She is our first daughter...we want to put every effort possible to get her head start in building necessary skills for her future needs however, we do not to pressure her too much like many Thai parents. A good balanced is our goal...anyway she is not too young for schooling isn't she(at 19 months old)? how would you do?

She is our first daughter...we want to put every effort possible to get her head start in building necessary skills for her future needs however, we do not to pressure her too much like many Thai parents. A good balanced is our goal...anyway she is not too young for schooling isn't she(at 19 months old)? how would you do?

Pop in and meet the director of the kindergarten Khun C. She will show you around and answer your questions. I think the nursery classes are very small. There is no pressure on the kids. They play and don't realise they are learning and that it's planned. I don't think 19 months is too young but a lot depends on your daughter as well.

TONKLA is excellent. We also live in San Sai and find the Tonkla not only within 5 mins drive but also great educationaly for our son. He started there in the nursery and has now moved through into the kindergarten. They have 6 qualified farang teachers from Aust, England, U.S and Germany as well as Thais and a number of teachers aids. Personally I don't think you could go past them. Definately worth attending the place and speak to te staff you won't be disapointed.

TONKLA is excellent. We also live in San Sai and find the Tonkla not only within 5 mins drive but also great educationaly for our son. He started there in the nursery and has now moved through into the kindergarten. They have 6 qualified farang teachers from Aust, England, U.S and Germany as well as Thais and a number of teachers aids. Personally I don't think you could go past them. Definately worth attending the place and speak to te staff you won't be disapointed.

Where's TONKLA softgeorge? I couldn't find a website but they have a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tonkla-School-Chiangmai/182612181764234?v=wall

Where's TONKLA softgeorge? I couldn't find a website but they have a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook....81764234?v=wall

www.tonkla.ac.th

or p.m me and I will give you my ph number

I went to Napa on friday and the school is very nice i will be taking my daughter there in march she is 2 years 1 month old kids can start learning at any age .

I'm a kindergarten teacher and i sit down with my daughter 10 minutes a day when i get back from work if she is not interested then i just stop.

Learning starts at home .

I just hang a few posters around the place and when she gets upset i start to sing the abc and point at the pictures and it soon settles her down.

I went to Napa on friday and the school is very nice i will be taking my daughter there in march she is 2 years 1 month old kids can start learning at any age .

I'm a kindergarten teacher and i sit down with my daughter 10 minutes a day when i get back from work if she is not interested then i just stop.

Learning starts at home .

I just hang a few posters around the place and when she gets upset i start to sing the abc and point at the pictures and it soon settles her down.

I think we will do that...

NAPA does have a nice nursery

NIS (same location as NAPA, same owner, International School Format) is also starting a nursery in mid-feb

Thank you everyone. Went to NAPA and NIS yesterday we were impressed by the facilities and the level of care they are offering. Personally NAPA is for those parents who do not have time and need to put their child in good supervised care - feeding, sleeping, etc What we are looking for is to find a place for our child to develop skills on language, creativity, and concentration...so we went to NIS and we talked to the admission director...we were told that the program is actually starting mid of Feb and the minimum age will be 2 year. Our daughter will be only 1 year and 9 months by then...so we hope and pray that they are a little flexible on this but if not we just have to wait to Aug(a child can learn very fast at this age...we just dont want her to miss anything)

NAPA does have a nice nursery

NIS (same location as NAPA, same owner, International School Format) is also starting a nursery in mid-feb

Thank you everyone. Went to NAPA and NIS yesterday we were impressed by the facilities and the level of care they are offering. Personally NAPA is for those parents who do not have time and need to put their child in good supervised care - feeding, sleeping, etc What we are looking for is to find a place for our child to develop skills on language, creativity, and concentration...so we went to NIS and we talked to the admission director...we were told that the program is actually starting mid of Feb and the minimum age will be 2 year. Our daughter will be only 1 year and 9 months by then...so we hope and pray that they are a little flexible on this but if not we just have to wait to Aug(a child can learn very fast at this age...we just dont want her to miss anything)

I completely understand your concern but if you really research it you will see that young children (under 4) do not benefit from a structured academic environment - they learn best by watching their parents, playing and being loved

Your child's developing brain is not in the stage to develop skills in language, creativity and concentration - it is in the stage to watch and copy behavior, play, experiment and develop emotional stability. They also are developing socially through feeling protected, feeling loved and therefore building confidence in exploring

If you do not have the time to keep your young child at home - by all means a nursery is a good option - BUT it is in no way a better option than having the child stay at home with a parent. The parents are the best teachers for young children.

Anything that a parent does with their young child is a learning experience and therefore is much richer than a structured academic environment that attempts to force feed information into a developing brain that is not oriented to learn in that manner - their young brains are oriented to learn through exploration, observation, imitation and play in a loving, nurturing environment.

They learn everything they need to know in K-2 (4 yrs old) to be prepared adequately for Kindergarten academically - it is the social development that is sometimes lacking due to limited time with parents

Raising a child that is successful and/or exceptional academically requires the child to develop skills in discipline and have a genuine interest and enthuisiam in learning and academia. Your child also needs a strong support network and a high level of self confidence. All of these things are taught and provided for at home by the parents. Young children naturally are inclined to be interested in things that interest their parents. You can spend these next two years displaying the types of behavior that you want your child to imitate and exhibit later in life.

Read to your child daily and show enthusiasm when reading.

Take your young child to many different and interesting places and show interest/ enthusiasm about seeing new things

Set a structured environment in the household and show the importance of discipline in keeping with the structure

Let your child interract with other adults and also other children on a frequent basis to teach basic social skills

If one of the parents is able to stay home, these next two years will be a wonderful opportunity to spend a great amount of time with your daughter and this time will be absolutely invaluable in her development

The alternative is to place her in a nursery that provides basic neccessities but cannot provide the loving enviornment that naturally occurs between parent and child and therefore the learning process is dramatically decreased

Edited by PlanetX

Its not too young but just remember that the parent is the best teacher in the early stages

NIS doesnt teach Thai - NAPA serves that market

I have three children at NIS and , yes they do have to go to their Thai classes. It covers both spoken and written Thai.

Its not too young but just remember that the parent is the best teacher in the early stages

I have three children at NIS and , yes they do have to go to their Thai classes. It covers both spoken and written Thai.

Sorry about the misinformation

How often do your children have thai class -1 hour a week?

Sorry about the misinformation

How often do your children have thai class -1 hour a week?

Good question, I'll ask......