Honda Nsr150Sp Service Manual

MaiChai

Finally got round to putting this on the web. I found it originally on an Australian forum, and it was really difficult to find. Its in English. Assume its the Australian manual.

There are a couple of mistakes in it, such as referring to a thermostat for the cooling system (the bike does not have one!); guess it was a cut and paste from another manual?

Should be useful for other NSR versions (majority of the engine is the same between models, for example, so you can use the torque settings and general procedures for strip down/rebuild).

The SP has alot of differences from the earlier models. Obvious one is the proarm. Forks are bigger, cog on water pump is different. Cylinder is different (not sure if this is true: ceramic lined?). Exhaust. Exhaust port on cylinder larger. Frame is lighter (1st NSR model made out of cast iron :) ). Radiator.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0jxdB5PbvS2NzNjMzYxYzQtMjgxZC00YWMzLWJlZjAtNWNjYmY4YzhjMTE5&hl=en

I also have a parts book for the SP and 1st generation; will get round to scanning them in.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's but I just thought it would be handy to have at home, before one goes to the Honda

shop. Maybe I can borrow theirs and copy it, not likely though..:(

I borrowed mine from a regular parts shop (not Honda one). I was a regular customer and they just asked me to leave my bike driving license as a guarentee. Then took it to a copy shop; less than 200 baht to copy it. Its also invaluable for repairing your bike or if you think a part is missing or things have been reassembled in the wrong order my Somchai and co... I replaced the Honda castle nuts on the clutch with ones that had not been smashed to bits my Somchai and co when they took it apart last (luckily I bought the tool on ebay for about 600 baht last time I was in the UK; you use it with a 1/2" socket extension; Somchai and co did not have the tool although I think its standard with the Nova, etc). Let me know if you want the part number for this tool.

MaiChai, thanks for the link to the service manual. As it turns out Google books has a few more available too but they cannot be saved, only copied. I sent you a PM but later found this topic and will expand. I need a radiator (courtesy of a kid with a sidecar motorcycle) for an original 20 yr old NSR150. I have the NSR 150RR service and parts manuals but the rads are different. Local Honda shops don't want to talk to me. You mention that you have an NSR SP parts manual. Maybe you could get the rad number for me and hopefully it's the same as the NSR?

Thanks

Finner

Edited by finner

Is it the nsr with the square front headlight (also rear light cluster is a square block rather than two round red lights). If so i have the parts book for that.

Also rads can be rebuilt; normally they dont rebuild bike rads cause it cheaper to buy a new one, but if its difficult to get a replacement, then rebuild or get a 2nd hand one.

Honda dealers typically have parts books for all Thai Honda models, and they can order in parts for you.

Hi again MaiChai, sorry about the delay, I went to Chiang Mai

Yup, square headlight fixed into a cowling. The rad was destroyed in the crash, not repairable. A used one would suffice but where to get one? The local Honda shop people are VERY uncooperative even though I've dealt with them for 20 years but if I had a part number could maybe get them to call Bangkok. I ordered the NSR RR rad already hoping it would fit but no go. Cost me B1000 and now it's taking up space in my bedroom.

No part number on the original rad. I'd sure appreciate it if you could scan the page and e-mail it to me

Thanks

finner

Hi again MaiChai, sorry about the delay, I went to Chiang Mai

Yup, square headlight fixed into a cowling. The rad was destroyed in the crash, not repairable. A used one would suffice but where to get one? The local Honda shop people are VERY uncooperative even though I've dealt with them for 20 years but if I had a part number could maybe get them to call Bangkok. I ordered the NSR RR rad already hoping it would fit but no go. Cost me B1000 and now it's taking up space in my bedroom.

No part number on the original rad. I'd sure appreciate it if you could scan the page and e-mail it to me

Thanks

finner

Its a 19110-KW6-900 RADIATOR ASSEMBLY. You might also want 19102-KW6-900, which is GRILL RADIATOR (protects radiator from bugs, etc). Its on page F-30/66. Sorry for the delay in replying; been up country away from the modern world! KW6 is the generic number for the NSR. So any parts with KW6 are specific to the NSR and not borrowed from another Honda model. I will try and scan it later.

Edited by MaiChai

Thanks MaiChai, the NSR 150RR part numbers are very similar, 19110-KW6-840 and 19102-KW6-840. Looks like 840 means NSR RR and 900 means NSR. Guess I'll trundle along to my alternative Honda dealer today and see what kind of reaction I get from them (other than to tell me to buy a new bike). I actually went there a couple of days ago to buy a CBR150 because I need a bike badly to get around in traffic but they had no clue as to the different options or even colours. Sheesh...........

When do the new models come out anyway?

finner

Radiators can be rebuilt; however the folks generally don't do bike ones as its cheaper to buy a new one. However, if you are really stuck getting a new one, it might be worth getting it rebuilt (I suspect this is the route to go for non Thai big bikes). Its seems these rads don't wear out as NSRs are built from cast iron (well the 1st generation anyway), so they may be a little difficult to find!

My SP was overheating and I discovered loads of gasket sealant blocking up the water ways in the rad. Anyway used vinegar to remove all of this (soak over night/couple of days) and now overheat problem gone. I even re-straightend all the metal between the cores that conducts the heat away to improve the airflow/remove bugs and gunk blocking airflow; doing this on a car rad can result in a leaking rad; not on an NSR one!

I think the cbr150 is a little disappointing after having an NSR (even an old one). I suspect if you want something similar to an NSR, then go for the new cbr250 (or wait for some of them to come onto the 2nd hand market). I might go this route; similar power/clean emissions/good economy/modern fuel compatible/fuel injected.

Agree with you on the CBR250. They look great but I've been around to 7 Honda dealers in the Pattaya area and the best answer I get is to order one and wait at least a month for either it or the CBR150. Seems fuel injection and ABS brakes are popular. Lots of older CBR150's coming up for sale now I've noticed whose owners want to upgrade. My buddy is selling his 4 yr old model for B24000 (real cheap).

Anywho, since this is a Service Manual thread, one thing I will be definitely be doing is buying or copying the parts manual and service manual when I get a new bike to avoid the problems I have with my elderly NSR.

Pretty happy with my old NSR SP. Changed the 5 bushes on the rear sprocket last couple of days. Easy to get parts and very cost affective. Proarm and forks are the only expensive items; to be honest; but they can be serviced/rebuilt.

I noticed a new cbr150 parked in a big c in Bangkok. Wow, the rear disk is really thin! I mean the wear limit on my NSR is 3mm, the new cbr comes with just 3mm; is the new wear limit just 2mm now? Talk about value engineered. Put me off; to be honest. Hope the frame is taught and doesn't twist (like the tzr does). Guess you can't beat new technology, even if they don't put much steel in new bikes. Strikes me the new cbr150 is a bit fatter at the front; meaning maybe not as manoverable in traffic like the old one?

Did you get a new rad?

Edited by MaiChai

• 8 months later...

Hello MaiChai,

You announced ' I also have a parts book for the SP and 1st generation; will get round to scanning them in. '

Because I have both models, I'm really interested in them.

It's easy to find in these books what you need, BEFORE you go shopping.

The are also practical indeed by the exploded views.

Are they ready for sharing them yet ?

• 6 months later...

Hello Mai Chai,

I need the parts book of NSR SP, have you finished scan the book? if you did, please send it to my email.

Btw, where is the parts shop at Bangkok which you always visits? let me know the name of the shop and the address.

Many thanks,

Joe

Your lucky; I scanned it some months back and I havn't got round to posting it on the net (Google Docs). I will try and do it this weekend (give me a prod if I forget; life is very busy at present).

Edited by MaiChai

• 8 months later...

Did you ever get that parts book uploaded? I have an RR but it would be good to have the SP parts listing as alot of parts are the same and i will be uprading to SP cylinder head and pipes soon (from TYGA).

I would also be interested in this. The Honda shop in CM didn't want to lend theirs to me for a half hour, so I could copy it. sad.png

PS. I was willing to pay for it.