Where To Learn Meditation In Phuket ?

freebird32

Hi all,

Anybody know a good place for an absolute beginner to start out ? I was in contact with the Karuna Meditation Center this week as I was told they were good and offered free instruction but needless to say its closing down ;(

Any advise would be great !

Thanks

Near Surat Thani is a monastery that conducts 10-day silent meditation retreats for westerners that start on the 1st of every month. This is a great way to learn meditation. There is no charge for the retreat (donations are accepted). Teaching is in English and this program has been running for many years.

The monastery is Wat Suan Mokkh

In google you can search "wat suan mokkh retreat" for the web page.

There is the Phuket Meditation Center in Chalong. It's a Retreat and Meditation Center. There is a daily program (except for Sundays). The center focusses on authentic Tibetan and Thai Meditations as well as Traditional Chinese Medicine, Qigong and Taichi. If you google for Phuket nd Meditation you'll find the page amongst the first few results.

Best regards

• 2 months later...

I too have been looking for a place to learn meditation..I stumbled upon this thread..went to Phuket Meditation in Chalong as the previous poster recommended and after looking at their website and seeing the intro to meditation classes and wow...I spent 3 days with Tobi and the experience was amazing. He is a great teacher and communicator and the 1-2 hr sessions I had with him gave me so much insight into meditation and more. I strongly recommend his training to anyone as he is really an enlightened person yet very down to earth and approachable. I will be back soon for a 7 day retreat as I feel it will be one of the best things I have ever done for myself in my lifetime...other than moving to Thailand

http://phuket-meditation.com/

Eric

Edited by ericg1953