Full prepared remarks of President Obama at memorial service for Tucson shooting victims

News_Editor

The UK has what amounts to a state religion. The Church of England is the officially established church in the UK with the reigning monarch as the Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

That is really besides the point, the main original objection was to religion being present and a requirement in politics. I have not heard British politicians regularly finish their speeches with 'And may God bless the UK' etc.

What label is used for someone who:

1. Believes in the gold standard or some form of it.

2. Was against the war in Iraq and thinks the U.S. should get out of Afghanistan now.

3. Thinks the U.S. should abolish all income and estate taxes and replace it with a sales tax.

4. Wants higher education in the U.S. to be free for all U.S. citizens.

5. Wants the U.S. federal government to get tough on illegal immigration.

6. Does not belong to any political party and thinks the two major parties in the U.S. are

both equally to blame for the sorry state of affair in America today.

Paranoid schizophrenic seems to be the popular diagnosis at present, but personally I don't think the entire story has been told YET.

I suppose you tried to make a poor joke, but with your argumentation that someone that might not follow a party's or ideologies agenda or bullet-list to the fullest is a 'Paranoid schizophrenic' would make most people defined as it...

The UK has what amounts to a state religion. The Church of England is the officially established church in the UK with the reigning monarch as the Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

That is really besides the point, the main original objection was to religion being present and a requirement in politics. I have not heard British politicians regularly finish their speeches with 'And may God bless the UK' etc.

It's a bit of an irony. The USA is a secular state where you can't get elected to be President unless you profess to be Christian whereas if you tried to get elected to Parliament in the UK with its established religion and professed to any strong religious beliefs you'd probably lose your deposit

What label is used for someone who:

1. Believes in the gold standard or some form of it.

2. Was against the war in Iraq and thinks the U.S. should get out of Afghanistan now.

3. Thinks the U.S. should abolish all income and estate taxes and replace it with a sales tax.

4. Wants higher education in the U.S. to be free for all U.S. citizens.

5. Wants the U.S. federal government to get tough on illegal immigration.

6. Does not belong to any political party and thinks the two major parties in the U.S. are

both equally to blame for the sorry state of affair in America today.

Paranoid schizophrenic seems to be the popular diagnosis at present, but personally I don't think the entire story has been told YET.

I suppose you tried to make a poor joke, but with your argumentation that someone that might not follow a party's or ideologies agenda or bullet-list to the fullest is a 'Paranoid schizophrenic' would make most people defined as it...

Huh? I think the list is meant to reflect some of the expressed views of the Tucson shooter. Nothing to do with whatever you are talking about.

If that's not what Hawaiian was driving at, my apologies, but I do recognize most of those items as being publicized political expressions of the alleged mass murderer.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

Huh? I think the list is meant to reflect some of the expressed views of the Tucson shooter. Nothing to do with whatever you are talking about.

If that's not what Hawaiian was driving at, my apologies, but I do recognize almost all of those items as being publicized political expressions of the alleged mass murderer.

Next ...

Those could be his views but again, your reply didn't write that the person You ID'd as a reference to having them might be a 'Paranoid schizophrenic' (and I doubt that is his classification anyway), but that a person sharing those views are...and that is incorrect and hence my objection.

Apologies for trying to make sure things stated is correct to avoid confusions in the debate.

If that's not what Hawaiian was driving at, my apologies, but I do recognize almost all of those items as being publicized political expressions of the alleged mass murderer.

Next ...

Those could be his views but again, your reply didn't write that the person You ID'd as a reference to having them might be a 'Paranoid schizophrenic' (and I doubt that is his classification anyway), but that a person sharing those views are...and that is incorrect and hence my objection.

Apologies for trying to make sure things stated is correct to avoid confusions in the debate.

Oy vey. I thought it was very obvious based on the TOPIC of this thread. Anyone who has followed the topic at all knows the media has labeled the shooter as a paranoid schizophrenic. I think that may turn out to be true, but I don't believe in psychiatric diagnosis via media pundits.