Iphone Gps

McGee

hi,

i am planning to replace my 3yr. old I Phone 1 with a new I phone 4.

I needed to change Battery and Touchscreen anyway so i decide to change.

Does anyone actually use the GPS / Location service? and what kind of maps can i use? Any Maps to buy or download?

And i would like to keep my Mails, SMS and MMS and transfer to the new one. Someone knows a Program to use>

any Help is greatly appreciated.

Oh,- one thing more. Where i look,- only 16GB is on Stock. I have a 16GB now and for some Business Applications is that just enough. where can i find an Original, unlocked one, with 32GB?

have a nice Day,

McGee

if the iphone 1 is jailbroke simply copy the home folder over SSH

if you use itunes you can also make a backup .. and restore on the new phone with no trouble at all.

the phone will rearrange on restart the old SMS databases to the new design.

LBS Services are great but i have not seen anything usable besides google maps (build in app)

About gps navigation, there is only TomTom Thailand and Garmin Streetpilot avaiable at this moment.

As of taste and experience, garmin is the better Product, but the iphone app lacks on productivity (beta stage)

Both apps not free.

Also out of experience, the cost of software and maps is almost the same as the cost of a real navi with much better handeling.

There is nothing to buy or download. GPS works right out of the box using Google Maps. As long as you are not indoors, it works great (I have only tested it in Pattaya, Bangkok and places in between) and seems remarkably accurate. When I am on my condo balcony, for example, I can actually see on the map my location within the building!

There is nothing to buy or download.

exept the maps .. (either buy or download) ... this counts also for the build in app "Maps" (the app will download the maptiles on request of the App .. no Internet .. no map!

.. since it uses Google maps and the Google Location API

this is why it even works indoors .. since the google API's are able to identify the location via GSM as well.