Flunk Written Mc Test After Auto License Issued

thinkingman

Went to Regent School dirver license bureau armed with all dox EXCEPT AAA did not endorse my International Driving Permit for motorcycle (I am MC licensed in US). I passed the reaction and color tests, was issued my Thai one year auto license and then was ushered into written test area for written test for motorcycle, which I flunked. (Whatever does two arrows with a line through them mean?) they took two copies of my auto license, then said come back at 1pm. i didn't and don't plan to return. should I go back and pass the written test? Any repercussions from never returning? I would never drive a motorcycle in Pattaya.

You should have gone back. They were going to give you the license. They would have charged you and extra 100 - 200 baht, but you would have gotten it. There are no repercussions for no return, except no license and you will have to start th e process over again.

As far as Pattaya, I drive Bangkok every day on my motorcycle, and have driven a motorcycle in Pattaya a couple of times, and I agree, it is much more dangerous driving a motorcycle in Pattaya. The reason is that there are so many tourists who don't know how to drive, and there seems to be a lot more drunk drivers. In Bangkok, it seems like chaos, but once you get to know the patterns, there is a system. In Pattaya, the tourists do crazy, unexpected things. They don't follow the normal Thai driving rules, as crazy as those rules seem sometimes.

You should have gone back. They were going to give you the license. They would have charged you and extra 100 - 200 baht, but you would have gotten it. There are no repercussions for no return, except no license and you will have to start th e process over again.

As far as Pattaya, I drive Bangkok every day on my motorcycle, and have driven a motorcycle in Pattaya a couple of times, and I agree, it is much more dangerous driving a motorcycle in Pattaya. The reason is that there are so many tourists who don't know how to drive, and there seems to be a lot more drunk drivers. In Bangkok, it seems like chaos, but once you get to know the patterns, there is a system. In Pattaya, the tourists do crazy, unexpected things. They don't follow the normal Thai driving rules, as crazy as those rules seem sometimes.

Yes I agree, it's the one's that are use to driving on the righthand side of the road, in the Isle of Man TT they have the same problem.

you can make a new test within 90 days

all the signs and road paint is covered by a poster outside test room. In addition watch the movie, and you will know the answer to all questions

I ride bike all over the country, Most dangerous is the foreigners on rented autos, so a loud horn is usefull :D