Retirement Visa 90 Reporting & Renewal.

I'm coming up on my first Retirement Visa renewal. Also, since I have traveled out of the country a number of times this past year, I haven't had to do a 90 report till now.

How many days in advance of the 90 days do they allow you to do the report?

Same question for renewal; how far in advance are you allowed to do it?

Address report, one or two weeks early depending on the office.

Some offices will offer even earlier if you are there anyway for your extension. However, an extension is not an address report.

Extension application, one month early in general, two months at Jomtien, earlier possible anywhere with good excuse such as proof of conflicting travel.

Sorry for the pedantry, but you are not going for a retirement visa renewal, there is no such thing, you are going for an extension based on retirement.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for pointing out the distinction in terminology, it never hurts to know these things.

A friends extension was due to expire six weeks after he departed on a four month trip to the US. Immigration at Chang Watana flatly refused to renew it prior to his departure. The difficulties continued when he returned and tried to renew though he was ultimately successful.

Some offices will offer even earlier if you are there anyway for your extension. However, an extension is not an address report.

Extension application, one month early in general, two months at Jomtien, earlier possible anywhere with good excuse such as proof of conflicting travel.

Sorry for the pedantry, but you are not going for a retirement visa renewal, there is no such thing, you are going for an extension based on retirement.

Korat Immigration office told me politely that I should not mail in the 90 day reporting form, and would not give me their mailing address, yesterday. They suggested that it would be much better if I did the 90 day reporting in person. Sure it is only 25 kilometers outside of Korat. Are they trying to set their own rules here? Anyone have a similar experience with their local immigration office? I think that this is a lot of BS.

Korat Immigration office told me politely that I should not mail in the 90 day reporting form, and would not give me their mailing address, yesterday. They suggested that it would be much better if I did the 90 day reporting in person. Sure it is only 25 kilometers outside of Korat. Are they trying to set their own rules here? Anyone have a similar experience with their local immigration office? I think that this is a lot of BS.

Korat Immigration does indeed not accept the 90 day reporting form by mail. Its not only you but everyone one else who has tried doing this with the Korat Immigration Office. I guess it varies from one immigration office to the next. Its not as much them having their own rules but more like that they have leeway and don't have to offer all services which includes the mail in report.

Edited by Jimbo

Korat Immigration does indeed not accept the 90 day reporting form by mail. Its not only you but everyone one else who has tried doing this with the Korat Immigration Office. I guess it varies from one immigration office to the next. Its not as much them having their own rules but more like that they have leeway and don't have to offer all services which includes the mail in report.

Thanks, sometimes I don't know if it is my deodorant, or if others are in the same situation, hence the post.

Immigration doesn't have leeway her. The law clearly states that you can report by mail.

But indeed, some offices indeed ignore the law regarding this.

The law may indeed state that but that obviously does not mean that they will accept it. Its the same as with all the different embassies and consulates who all seem to have their own way of doing things and some allowing double entries whilst others will only do single entries.

Immigration doesn't have leeway her. The law clearly states that you can report by mail.

But indeed, some offices indeed ignore the law regarding this.

I'll send it by mail with some photos of me on crutches explaining why I could not get in...

As said, they ignore the law on this point. Best option might be to oblige them and go in person or have someone else do the reporting for you.

If by mail be sure to do it by registered mail, so they sign for it.