Kfc Make Exceedingly Good Tarts

rixalex

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the impression that KFC burgers across in the Far East are smaller than the West, and just somehow... limper.

When Dean and Deluca opened their branch near Silom (next BTS down) they actually had to start serving half-sandwiches because the locals complained a full (US size) sandwich was too much.

When Dean and Deluca opened their branch near Silom (next BTS down) they actually had to start serving half-sandwiches because the locals complained a full (US size) sandwich was too much.

Lightweight Poofs. :D

Edited by mca

Tried the custard tarts on your recomendation ,sorry nothing like the real thing and rather pricy for what they are ,go to big c at the moment they are doing a custard filled bun in chou pastry 4 baht each ,much nicer and cheaper. :)

ps i like kfc chicken

Depends what you mean by the real thing. The KFC tarts are more like the Cantonese egg tarts you get in Hong Kong and the Macau pastel de nata which are quite different in both the pastry and custard to the English egg custard tart. For those who love the former, the KFC version are a pretty reasonable substitute. :licklips:

• 5 months later...

Getting back to the original topic, you've all got me in mind of a trip to Macau to pick up a couple of tarts now...

I love Portuguese egg tarts... as I recall, the tarts were the highlight of any visit to KFC

SC

The only good reason for a trip to Glasgow is the foot long deep fried sausage made of lamb donner meat wrapped in a deep fried pizza base . They call it a "stoner" . They deliver .

I'll be in Achnasheen next week .

They are good, I used to get them in Sydney and they taste exactly the same and look the same at our bakery near by work, but they were $3.00 for one.

So when I was and tasted it in KFC I was over the moon. They better not get rid of them because I love them.