English Language School For The Wife

ninjat

Hi,

My wife is Thai. She speaks good English, but her grammar + reading/writing could use some work.

We have therefore decided to move to Bangkok for a few months, so she can attend an English language school full time.

Any recommendations on English language schools in central Bangkok?

Thanks,

Ninjat

http://www.thaiwalen.com is great. I went their for Thai well my spouse went for English. They teach reading/writing while teaching speaking as well as having different class levels to join depending on your knowledge of the language.

You can also sit in on classes before joining (just ask). Great group of teachers and staff there.

Edited by Nisa

British Council is probably the best, but expensive. AUA is cheaper, but also pretty good.

With other schools, have a look at the teachers and decide if they're the sort of person you'd want teaching your wife. In my experience there are far too many criminals/sex tourists/drug addicts/backpackers teaching here in Thailand, many of whom struggle with their own language.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of small language schools on Sukhumvit. But my advice would be for you to talk with your wife more. Why send her to school when all it takes is 2-3 hours/day talking in English?! Besides, the school will probably teach only 2 h/day, not everyday etc. Try this: half of the day speak English, for her, and half Thai, for you ;)