Waiting Time For Toyota Fortuner

I placed my order for a 4WD Fortuner (regular, not Sportivo or else) around first week of December. The dealer (in BKK) told me delivery would happen around 20th January and that I was 6th in line. Now they told me no January delivery and not sure when exactly in February.

I'd like to know if I'm being pushed down the list or this is normal. What was your waiting time if you bought recently? Thanks!

Now this is becoming a bit annoying. They just said it's not even February but March... huh.gif

cause they have sold your car to another customer (paying more)

good luck calling other dealers to check their stock, and then cansel your deposit/order at present dealer

Late 2005 I needed a Fortuner in a hurry, had sold my 2004 Vigo. At that time waiting time was 3-5 months, went to showroom, asked for sales manager, told 10k baht in his pocket if he could deliver silver top spec within 48 hours. Worked, everyone happy, except the customer they stole it from :rolleyes:

Now this is becoming a bit annoying. They just said it's not even February but March... huh.gif

It's always been this way with Fortuner, ever since it was launched 7 years ago.. It would appear they only manufacture upon order.

See if you can grease someone's palms as KBB suggests, because there's almost no doubt that's what's happened to you.

• 1 year later...
Any updates on these times, My Mrs has just been told a 3 month wait for a Fortuner???

Waiting times could be because of last years floods in Thailand, I'm pretty sure Toyota had problems because of the floods.

Just hang in their and keep fingers crossed.

Any updates on these times, My Mrs has just been told a 3 month wait for a Fortuner???

Waiting times could be because of last years floods in Thailand, I'm pretty sure Toyota had problems because of the floods.

Yeah, I thought there may be some delay, we aren't in any rush but I just thought 3 months was quite a long time to wait and worry that this 3 months will drag into more once you commit some deposit money. Call me a pessimist but I almost expect this kind of letdown.smile.png

Ordered mine mid-April and was informed that it would be delivered latest in June. I finally received it on May 19th. I did not need to “bribe” a dealer to jump the queue, but shopping around was necessary…

Ordered mine mid-April and was informed that it would be delivered latest in June. I finally received it on May 19th. I did not need to “bribe” a dealer to jump the queue, but shopping around was necessary…

That's not bad, maybe it is just luck of the draw. When you ordered did you pay fully in advance or just a deposit?

That's not bad, maybe it is just luck of the draw. When you ordered did you pay fully in advance or just a deposit?

Yeah, probably lucky the dealer was true to his word... I just paid the THB 5'000 deposit to reserve the car.

Yeah, I thought there may be some delay, we aren't in any rush but I just thought 3 months was quite a long time to wait and worry that this 3 months will drag into more once you commit some deposit money. Call me a pessimist but I almost expect this kind of letdown.smile.png

Deposit is normally only 10,000bt so no big deal and refunded if you cancel they don't care if you buy or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update. If ordering at;

Pattaya 6 month wait

Sri Racha 3 month wait

Laem chabang 3 months but one month if pay an extra 200,000 (cheeky)

Up country one month

Amazing the differences

There can be a big difference between the forecasted delivery time and the actual delivery time.

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya 6 month wait

Sri Racha 3 month wait

Up country one month

Amazing the differences

There can be a big difference between the forecasted delivery time and the actual delivery time.

You are right about that, we went in to order one expecting the 3 month wait and a week later it is parked on my driveway, a surprisingly good result.

Pattaya 6 month wait

Sri Racha 3 month wait

Up country one month

Amazing the differences

You are right about that, we went in to order one expecting the 3 month wait and a week later it is parked on my driveway, a surprisingly good result.

Excellent news for you, have fun with it.

• Like 1