Ark Bar

:( Four of our Australian guests on their first day on Samui don't look too happy this morning. Apparently there was a brawl at the Ark Bar last night resulting in one of them being smashed over the head with a bottle and another had his wallet and credit cards stolen. Anybody on tV there last night ? Time to add to the list in the rooms of what "not to do in Samui" the Ark Bar along with taxis, jetskis and time share touts.

So a fight starts in a bar, and now you wanna blame the bar ????? get a life !!!

If you wanna say something negative about Ark bar or Cheweng beach by night , then it should all be about all the danger from the fireworks that all stupid drunks can buy for nothing, then they stick the DRY wood down in the WET sand and BOOOOOM in their faces or who ever is around. That should be banned !!!

So a fight starts in a bar, and now you wanna blame the bar ????? get a life !!!

If you wanna say something negative about Ark bar or Cheweng beach by night , then it should all be about all the danger from the fireworks that all stupid drunks can buy for nothing, then they stick the DRY wood down in the WET sand and BOOOOOM in their faces or who ever is around. That should be banned !!!

:ermm::huh: One of his guests has a bottle smashed over his head and another has their wallet and credit cards lifted and you don't think its worthy of mention. Then you fly off on one about fireweorks. :blink:

:realangry: Don't get me started ! Other reasons to avoid the place are the 120 db boom boom "music" which can be heard as far as Beverly Hills and the piles of garbage and vomit on the beach the next morning !

i remember going to a wed. night party at ark bar perhaps 2 years ago now. someone "accidentally" tossed a cigarette butt into the fireworks box and obviously all hell broke loose. people diving under tables and running down the beach to avoid being shot or burned.

Bad luck for your guests or friends , but was it ark bar staff that done this ? or drunken tourists locals ? bit hard to blame an establishment due to one incident and publicly name and shame.

I was in a cafe recently when a chair was thrown in anger and it hit my wife. I blamed the asshol_e that threw it and was subsequently banned not the establishment.

Fact most nightspots will get trouble at some time, alcohol and people that cannot handle it will always result in this.

:realangry: Don't get me started ! Other reasons to avoid the place are the 120 db boom boom "music" which can be heard as far as Beverly Hills and the piles of garbage and vomit on the beach the next morning !

Have to check this place out. Sounds like my kind of place.:D

i dont think it is fair to blame the ark bar, but i do wonder why there security didnt break it up ....

but i would agree on the fireworks, as this is a big issue, one flew past my head before on Chewang beach when let off wrong

anyway, i have been to ark bar 100,s of times and never had a problem.

but you have mentioned they where Australian, whom have been causing quit a lot of trouble in Thailand recently ( just check the phuket gazzette or phuket wan for details )

i visited the pplace in the day time when my brother was in town a few yrs ago many young topless hard boddies on the sun beds, went there for a while on ny eve and the place was more upscale then i remembered, clean and well organised and even at 50 plus i did not feel out of place or too old for the place. i'de go there again.

was it wednesday night. typical. always miss the action !

love a good night club brawl. what happened to u people. what happened to us men being men and having a good old fashion bar fights. Yeee HAAaaaaa !!!!!!!. sees ya later i am out to catch me a rooster !

Bad luck for your guests or friends , but was it ark bar staff that done this ? or drunken tourists locals ? bit hard to blame an establishment due to one incident and publicly name and shame.

I was in a cafe recently when a chair was thrown in anger and it hit my wife. I blamed the asshol_e that threw it and was subsequently banned not the establishment.

Fact most nightspots will get trouble at some time, alcohol and people that cannot handle it will always result in this.

i am blaming Bangkok airways. No reason i just hate them. i like there stuardessess though :D

if bangkok airways did n't bring them hear then they would have gone to the ark bar and had a fight.

on a serious note. the ark bar is bigger. i am not really i night poerson though i did almost like it on wednesday night. if i knew there was a fight the next night i would have come down and joined in.

i dont think it is fair to blame the ark bar, but i do wonder why there security didnt break it up ....

but i would agree on the fireworks, as this is a big issue, one flew past my head before on Chewang beach when let off wrong

anyway, i have been to ark bar 100,s of times and never had a problem.

but you have mentioned they where Australian, whom have been causing quit a lot of trouble in Thailand recently ( just check the phuket gazzette or phuket wan for details )

i am sorry but when people here the facts from a fight. they only look at the after picture. Maybe the person who got hit deserved it maybe they didn't we don't know. for example the person might have bashed him 2 days before. or maybe he owned him money. or maybe the other started it.

markus of queensbury rules. thats how things should be settled

was it wednesday night. typical. always miss the action !

love a good night club brawl. what happened to u people. what happened to us men being men and having a good old fashion bar fights. Yeee HAAaaaaa !!!!!!!. sees ya later i am out to catch me a rooster !

Go get em, killer! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

What ever u people say, for sure there is no garbage on the beach from ark bar, and yes thy play music and have beach party on Wednesday, but what I know there was not many issues or fights at ark bar for past 10 years if u consider how many people go true this place, not like soi green mango or soi reggae or even soi solo, where there are fights almost every night, and shootings as well, a much mor dirty place u can speak about is the fullmoon party in kopangan

What ever u people say, for sure there is no garbage on the beach from ark bar, and yes thy play music and have beach party on Wednesday, but what I know there was not many issues or fights at ark bar for past 10 years if u consider how many people go true this place, not like soi green mango or soi reggae or even soi solo, where there are fights almost every night, and shootings as well, a much mor dirty place u can speak about is the fullmoon party in kopangan

agreed. i haven't herd of much trouble in the ark bar. if i want a proper fight i go green mango

Amazing how people immediately blame ark bar for the incident. All the mud slinging has now reason whatsoever. As a long time resident of samui and a regular visitor of both the ark bar establishments I can do nothing but laugh at the ridiculousness of some of the comments on this board.

How on earth can ark bar be held responsible for the situation? I'm pretty sure the staff didn't encourage the fight? There is usually a very good reason someone gets into a fight, very rarely do people just attack random people. So what did you friends do to encourage such actions? I was at ark bar almost every night over the past high season and on average there was between 1 to 2,000 people on the beach there daily as they had their daily beach parties. And in the 2 weeks or so of daily parties I saw about 5 minor scuffles and only 1 brawl where the staff wasn't able to dissuade the brawlers. Taking into acount the number of people there were and the fact that 98% of them were pissed as farts that's not a bad number.

And I also saw the attitude that a lot of young lads had there, loud and in your face. So it's not surprising that their would be conflict, but that is now fault of ark bar, is it?

And regarding loud music, I saw one poster saying music can be heard as far as Beverly hills? That's just ridiculous no matter how you look at it. Yes the music is loud, that's pretty standard for a party place. But there is a very simple solution if you don't like loud music, simply don't go there, there are thousands of other people who enjoy going there and having fun.

I for one enjoy the atmosphere, music and drinks. Yes the fireworks are a problem, but how does one control that?

In the mean time I will continue to support ark bar and enjoy the parties there as it is the best party place on samui...

Amazing how people immediately blame ark bar for the incident. All the mud slinging has now reason whatsoever. As a long time resident of samui and a regular visitor of both the ark bar establishments I can do nothing but laugh at the ridiculousness of some of the comments on this board.

How on earth can ark bar be held responsible for the situation? I'm pretty sure the staff didn't encourage the fight? There is usually a very good reason someone gets into a fight, very rarely do people just attack random people. So what did you friends do to encourage such actions? I was at ark bar almost every night over the past high season and on average there was between 1 to 2,000 people on the beach there daily as they had their daily beach parties. And in the 2 weeks or so of daily parties I saw about 5 minor scuffles and only 1 brawl where the staff wasn't able to dissuade the brawlers. Taking into acount the number of people there were and the fact that 98% of them were pissed as farts that's not a bad number.

And I also saw the attitude that a lot of young lads had there, loud and in your face. So it's not surprising that their would be conflict, but that is now fault of ark bar, is it?

And regarding loud music, I saw one poster saying music can be heard as far as Beverly hills? That's just ridiculous no matter how you look at it. Yes the music is loud, that's pretty standard for a party place. But there is a very simple solution if you don't like loud music, simply don't go there, there are thousands of other people who enjoy going there and having fun.

I for one enjoy the atmosphere, music and drinks. Yes the fireworks are a problem, but how does one control that?

In the mean time I will continue to support ark bar and enjoy the parties there as it is the best party place on samui...

B) You're the one that's ridiculous mate ! Where I live, in the hills above Chaweng Noi, I hear the music loud and clear (5 kms away) and I know the owners of villas on the hill to the micrwave tower have had guests checking out because of the all night noise coming over the water (8 kms away) Newbies like you have f-----d this island !

B) You're the one that's ridiculous mate ! Where I live, in the hills above Chaweng Noi, I hear the music loud and clear (5 kms away) and I know the owners of villas on the hill to the micrwave tower have had guests checking out because of the all night noise coming over the water (8 kms away) Newbies like you have f-----d this island !

Never seen someone cry like you Crusty. We know your mentality from the your "lifeguard" thread how you bragged and felt proud that you called the cops to prevent tourists from take a swim.

And no its not the bars fault that someone(or you) gets in a brawl!

Edited by Mr lamai

You are at the Ark Bar almost every night!! :blink: Exactly in what capacity are you posting Mr Newbie? Obviously the welfare of the bar is very close to your heart seeing as it appears the only place you go to cos its soooo great you just can't stay away blah blah blah.

Either way, you opinions are very self centered and show no consideration whatsoever for residents and tourists who don't want to listen to the "music" bring played.

Never seen someone cry like you Crusty. We know your mentality from the your "lifeguard" thread how you bragged and felt proud that you called the cops to prevent tourists from take a swim.

And no its not the bars fault that someone(or you) gets in a brawl!

<_< My my Mr. Lamai can't read either ! As I wrote, THEY were not tourists but four 8 year old kids likely to drown ! Now what would YOU have done big boy ?

:ermm::huh: One of his guests has a bottle smashed over his head and another has their wallet and credit cards lifted and you don't think its worthy of mention. Then you fly off on one about fireweorks. :blink:

Yup, anyway smashed bottle over the head a stolen wallet, sounds like the Aussies had a go with the ladieboys :lol:

Sound like the owner of the dump or a friend. Got shares in the place, buddy???:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dear Crusty and Others,

I am the manager of Ark Bar in Koh Samui. I have been living in Koh Samui for 5 years after many great holidays to this wonderful island prior to moving here.

I have been working at Ark Bar for over 2 years and my name is Terry.

One of the things i have learnt in my 5 years living here is that it is best not to listen to the majority of the rumours that you hear, as only about 5% of them are factual or true.

Your posting falls into the 95% UNTRUE and NOT factual category.

I have been working every day since December 15th from about 1pm until closing time. And i would have seen or have heard about a fight of this magnitude.

The incident that you have described did NOT happen at Ark Bar. I was present all night and can positively say that there was no such fight or incident.

I have spoken to all my staff and no one heard about or witnessed any fight of any kind on or about the dates you have quoted.

Can you please give me the names or phone numbers or email addresses of the Australians that you claim to have been injured.

I would like to contact them to obtain the true story.

As for the other comments about music i will now explain the Ark Bar music policy.

We play vocal house music all day and night. Prior to 10pm we play music at what is cosidered reasonable volume, you can hear it but you can also talk and hear each other without any effoert. About 10pm, after the majority of diners have finished eating we do turn the volume up. Around 12pm the music levels gradually decrease in respect to the guests in the hotels around us and also our own guests that are staying in our 180 rooms. The music licensing in our geographic area also prohibits music after this time.

The music at Ark Bar stops at 2am every day with the exception of NYE.

I am aware of loud music being played after 2am at other venues, however it is not my place to name them on this website.

Our business is owned by one Thai National and one "falang". We employ over 200 staff, being one of the biggest employers of Thai people on the island.

We are 50% Thai owned, employ more than 200 people and help generate an enormous income for Thai Nationals and other Koh Samui businesses (retail shops, restaurants, travel shops, taxis, clubs etc etc).

And yet "falangs" (some of which may help the community and some may not) have the audicity to report wrong information and critisise us for running a profesional and succesful business that is very important to the local Thai community.

I welcome you or any other Thai Visa Member to Ark Bar in person at any time to further discuss these "fight" claims or about the music volume levels. And to witness first hand the professional manner in which we conduct our business.

Terry

Some threads warrant discussion. I haven't been able to monitor this topic for the past few days. Firstly the topic as it turns out was started by a rumour & hearsay.Secondly it turns into an off topic criticism of an establishment.

I really do not understand where this is heading. If anyone has a problem with me closing it, use your PM function, or contact

[email protected].

Closed.