Phuket Bike Event At Nai Harn Lake Today

steelepulse

I was just heading to Nai Harn Beach when I saw something was happening at the Lake. It turns out it's some sort of charity bike event and looking at the list of things happenings and the times, there should be music and shows all the way until past midnight tonight. Looks like there's plenty of food and cold beverages also. If you've got nothing else planned, this looks like it could be good to turn up later on and catch some live music.

It is the 2nd annual Nai Harn Bike Event. Umm..same one you attended and wrote about last year: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/343951-nai-harn-classic-bike-meet/page__hl__nai+harn+bike+event

scan0001-3.jpg

The itinerary for the day is as follows:

09.30-12.00 noon

Activities for all children, Clown and games. The clown is great with children, he will certainly put a smile on their faces. This is really the highlight of the day, to see the children smiling and having a good time.

12 noon

Main gate opens for all

1-4 pm

Motorcycle Ride around the island

4-6 pm

Motorcycle Club Games

6.30-8 pm

Introducing from Khao Lak - "Santika's Band!"

8-8.20 pm

Bike Show

8.20-9 pm

Rock-N-Roll DJ

9-9.30 pm

HIV talk from the Governor of Phuket and LHP

9.30-11 pm

Blues Brothers Band on the stage!

11-11.30 pm

Wet T-shirt Contest

11.30-1 am

Live! "Lam Morrison"

1 am

continuing, Rock-N-Roll DJ

It will be interesting to see what a Thai version of a wet t-shirt contest looks like. Hopefully not all katoeys. :)

Nai Harn Bike Event

Edited by ScubaBuddha

I was looking forward to that event. I had a good crack last time. I guess they didn't get any better at organizing though, as I have read or heard nothing about it. So I guess I'll be missing it this year now sad.gif

Surely that hasn't been 12 months since the last one?

I was looking forward to that event. I had a good crack last time. I guess they didn't get any better at organizing though, as I have read or heard nothing about it. So I guess I'll be missing it this year now sad.gif

why dont you just go now/// its still open, and the money coming in goes to something good,

why dont you just go now/// its still open, and the money coming in goes to something good,

Nice idea mate, but I might get in to a bit of trouble when the misses comes home, and finds I've left the kids on their own ohmy.gif. Got plans tomorrow as well.

I don't know why, I had it in my head it was last April, so was going to wait a couple of months and then start asking about it.

They really do need to get their act together though, and start some proper advertising, this event won't grow if they don't!

I just used my Sherlock Holmes skills and opened the link to the old thread, and indeed it hasn't been 12 months sine the last event! The last one was on the 11th March last year.

So not only did these guys organize it very poorly the first time round (can be forgiven if they had no previous experience organizing events) but this time round, they hold it two months earlier, and do even less publicity for the event than last time wacko.gif

I think I'll give it a miss next year on principle. They obviously only want people, who happen to be walking past at the time, to attend!

I just used my Sherlock Holmes skills and opened the link to the old thread, and indeed it hasn't been 12 months sine the last event! The last one was on the 11th March last year.

So not only did these guys organize it very poorly the first time round (can be forgiven if they had no previous experience organizing events) but this time round, they hold it two months earlier, and do even less publicity for the event than last time wacko.gif

I think I'll give it a miss next year on principle. They obviously only want people, who happen to be walking past at the time, to attend!

i am sure they wont miss you they way you go on about it.

There was a few reason why the date was set now, and who told you it would be a year later?

this is a new event and you try to work with so many people involved, not easy, you have to think about its all the bike club together making this event, all clubs had to put up the money to get it going, well, i dont have to explain all the work going into this, but its a lot believe me.

i forgot this one

Organized by nine Phuket motorcycle clubs – the Scan Hogs, Mang Moon, Chalong Riders, Herros’s End, Free Wheels, Warlords, Born to be Wild, Reggae Riders and the Heep Heep Riders – the hope is to make the party an annual this was in TV as well

Edited by HDRIDER

I forgot to ad, do you know how much money i and others put into this event and knowing you would not be home to see it, so stop whining when you don't know anything about it :angry:

Well done guys.. great job....I KNOW..what its like to organise charity events on the island ...not easy...you either..walk the walk or you............... talk the talk

like we SAY....ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Sorry I didn't see you there HDRIDER. BTW there were a lot of nice bikes there and i hope a decent amount of cash was raised for the cause. I too know how much time, effort and money goes into organizing any event and I appreciate the job that was done.

I am offshore, did not make it :(

I am glad the event was a success, but it is a pity there was hardly any promotion. I live in the area, and did not know about it until i went to the beach yesterday.

You know how many people think about bikers, sometimes its hard to get it out, even if you tell the newspapers around :)

flyers have been handed out and at least most bikers knew about it, sure it could be done better, maybe it will next year, but dont put a date on it yet :)

I forgot to ad, do you know how much money i and others put into this event and knowing you would not be home to see it, so stop whining when you don't know anything about it :angry:

You're involved in the organisation of this event and I still didn't know about it laugh.gif Didn't cross your mind to mention it in the Phuket forum a couple of days before it started. wacko.gif

I remember last year it was poorly advertised and organised event, it would seem you didn't learn by any of your mistakes!

Event organising isn't easy, but if you're not going to get slightly better each year, then what's the point. You didn't even let the Phuket forum know about it, and yet you've gone on the defensive, trying to pretend you've done nothing wrong just because you've put some money in to it. Someone that lives in Nai Harn didn't even know about it ohmy.gif

It's your blatant inability to accept criticism, that will keep this event at the Mickey Mouse stage indefinitely!

You're involved in the organisation of this event and I still didn't know about it laugh.gif Didn't cross your mind to mention it in the Phuket forum a couple of days before it started. wacko.gif

I remember last year it was poorly advertised and organised event, it would seem you didn't learn by any of your mistakes!

Event organising isn't easy, but if you're not going to get slightly better each year, then what's the point. You didn't even let the Phuket forum know about it, and yet you've gone on the defensive, trying to pretend you've done nothing wrong just because you've put some money in to it. Someone that lives in Nai Harn didn't even know about it ohmy.gif

Maybe it was a good thing that you did not know about it, you would probably have been whining from the minute you come until you left, so not a big loss i think, i am sure nobody missed you, BTW it went OK after what i hear

All from the biker clubs was involved, i was not in the committee or anything like that, so i did very little.

Ooohhh, i will make sure you don’t know about next year’s Nai Harn bike event :)

It's your blatant inability to accept criticism, that will keep this event at the Mickey Mouse stage indefinitely!

It was bigger than I expected. I had a good time despite the rain. Local police waved us in which was nice, but we got a strange greeting by some drung farang bikers at the entrance. And there was some confusion when we paid our 100B entry fee. Beer was free. Didn't care for the metel band, but thankfully they only played like 2 songs, which sounded the same. The singer afterwards wasn't bad, and kudos to him for staying on stage during a downpour. Did the wet t-shirt contest happen? I left before 11.

Maybe it was a good thing that you did not know about it, you would probably have been whining from the minute you come until you left, so not a big loss i think, i am sure nobody missed you, BTW it went OK after what i hear

All from the biker clubs was involved, i was not in the committee or anything like that, so i did very little.

Ooohhh, i will make sure you don't know about next year's Nai Harn bike event :)

Why are you being so childish and sensitive?

I stumbled across the event last year by pure chance. I happened to be at the beach that day and I only go there once every six weeks or so, so it really was by chance.

We went in, had a few beers and a good crack. Now I've got a memory like sieve, which just goes to show how much I enjoyed the event because I remembered it, to the point I asked the wife about it approximately 3 weeks ago, but because we both remembered it being about April last year, and seeing as most annual events are held at a similar time each year, left it at that for a while.

I then find out it's happening on the day it's happening (again, only because someone stumbled across it while at the beach)

So I don't see why you have such a hard time understanding why I'm a bit miffed. I couldn't go to an event that I wanted to go to because no one had the brains to inform me it was on. If you can't manage to inform somebody who went last year and wanted to go again this year, then what chance has anyone else got? And when you're a regular Phuket forum member and I check this site almost daily, and I still didn't find out about it, is mind boggling!

You think just because it's a charity event that I'm being some sort of monster by critisizing it. Perhaps you're a little to sensitive to be involved in making this event grow.

Ooohhh, i will make sure you don't know about next year's Nai Harn bike event :)

I stumbled across the event last year by pure chance. I happened to be at the beach that day and I only go there once every six weeks or so, so it really was by chance.

We went in, had a few beers and a good crack. Now I've got a memory like sieve, which just goes to show how much I enjoyed the event because I remembered it, to the point I asked the wife about it approximately 3 weeks ago, but because we both remembered it being about April last year, and seeing as most annual events are held at a similar time each year, left it at that for a while.

I then find out it's happening on the day it's happening (again, only because someone stumbled across it while at the beach)

So I don't see why you have such a hard time understanding why I'm a bit miffed. I couldn't go to an event that I wanted to go to because no one had the brains to inform me it was on. If you can't manage to inform somebody who went last year and wanted to go again this year, then what chance has anyone else got? And when you're a regular Phuket forum member and I check this site almost daily, and I still didn't find out about it, is mind boggling!

You think just because it's a charity event that I'm being some sort of monster by critisizing it. Perhaps you're a little to sensitive to be involved in making this event grow.

He he whatever, who started complaining and said i will not go next year,,, that was childish me think, up to you :)

over and out

Well it has been pinned in the motorcycle forum since at least the first of the month. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/430165-2011-bike-weeks/

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Well it has been pinned in the motorcycle forum since at least the first of the month. http://www.thaivisa....011-bike-weeks/

Fair enough, but getting bikers to a charity bike event isn't the challenging part is it? It's getting everybody else through the doors, that should have been a high priority for the organisers.

Unless of course this is supposed to be just a gathering of bike clubs and the organisers aren't interested in any body else coming, then I'll beg their pardon, why would they need to advertise to people that they don't want to come.

If however, like I suspect, being a charity event they would like as many people as they can get to turn up, and would be happy to see the event grow in size and reputation each year, then they seriously need to sort themselves out. Because having an event in a small village area and people who live in that small village area didn't even know it was taking place is extremely remiss!

Like I said, if one of the organisers wants to tell me that it was never his intention for people like me to come, then I will hold my hands up and say that I was wrong to critisize. Otherwise, very poor show. sad.gif

well, i will not get into this anymore, but it take 0.27 second to do a search

http://naiharn-bikeevent.com/

As there is no point getting this thread closed, as there may be others that want to discuss the event further, I will also make this my final post on the matter as well.

If you are happy telling yourself that it is my fault I didn't know that event was taking place, and people that lived 10 minutes from the venue didn't know it was taking place, then I'm happy for you to feel that way, denial is a useful thing for some people.

The simple fact of the matter is, If the event is going to be any larger than it is, which lets face it is pretty small, the public need to be made aware of the event before it happens.

You obviously can't see this. When it was brought up in a forum, instead of being professional and holding your hands up to the mistake, because lets face it, if you've got an event that people want to come to, but can't because they didn't know it was on, is nothing but a huge mistake, instead you went on the defensive, saying I wasn't welcome anyway, and that I would only moan all night if I turned up! Very professional indeed.

I hope for the sake of the event, the other people involved take these matters more seriously than you, because if not, it will remain nothing but a tiny little, insignificant dot on the Phuket calender. Instead of growing in to a great little do, that everybody knows about, and looks forward to going to each year. Which if any of you had the tiniest clue, is what could have started to happen between last year and this.

Bangt tao boy.....Bikers charity events.. including PHUKET BIKE WEEK have always had problems advertising and getting media coverage on this island...i undestand your views and your commens but actually making things happen is not easy..co.ordination does not always work as planned..poeple let you down.... personally..i thought they did a good job under the circumstances.....they had a captive audience there with the festival going on....well done guys ..it can only get better...as they say.PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT...

well, i will not get into this anymore, but it take 0.27 second to do a search

http://naiharn-bikeevent.com/

good event, larger than expected, traffic well organised until the gate, but one of the farang guards at gate was to drunk and his buddys should have replaced him, music on even through a heavy downpoor, half bottle Regency and 4 mixers and a bucket of ice at 400 baht is simply to cheap if you want to raise/make money, but I m not complaining :D

took off to Phuket town nightclub before 11pm so missed the wet t-shirts :P

to pull a larger crowd, you may want to invite a sports bike club like the Ghostriders next time

but all in all, well done :)

Bangt tao boy.....Bikers charity events.. including PHUKET BIKE WEEK have always had problems advertising and getting media coverage on this island...i undestand your views and your commens but actually making things happen is not easy..co.ordination does not always work as planned..poeple let you down.... personally..i thought they did a good job under the circumstances.....they had a captive audience there with the festival going on....well done guys ..it can only get better...as they say.PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT...

Not being argumentative, but PBW is always splashed everywhere. That's all you see and hear about for the month leading up to the event.

Now obviously that is a huge event with a much bigger budget and professional companies involved in the organization and marketing. I would never be so unreasonable, as to expect the same level of professionalism from a smaller event, organized by inexperienced people,

The thing is, every body moaned about the lack of advertising last year, and anybody who is holding an event, regardless of how inexperienced, should know that getting as many people through the door as possible, is by far the most important thing.

I wish the event all the best, and despite one of the organizers telling me not to bother I will still turn up next year. The thing is, now I know that they are unlikely to let me know when it's happening, I can go out of my way to find out when it is, but that won't be any good for the other people that might want to come, but no nothing about it.

Not being argumentative, but PBW is always splashed everywhere. That's all you see and hear about for the month leading up to the event.

Now obviously that is a huge event with a much bigger budget and professional companies involved in the organization and marketing. I would never be so unreasonable, as to expect the same level of professionalism from a smaller event, organized by inexperienced people,

The thing is, every body moaned about the lack of advertising last year, and anybody who is holding an event, regardless of how inexperienced, should know that getting as many people through the door as possible, is by far the most important thing.

I wish the event all the best, and despite one of the organizers telling me not to bother I will still turn up next year. The thing is, now I know that they are unlikely to let me know when it's happening, I can go out of my way to find out when it is, but that won't be any good for the other people that might want to come, but no nothing about it.

PBW is a multi million baht international event with more than a decades tradition. Easy to get publicity, everyone in Phuket knows what it is and where and when. Experienced to handle crowds.

Give the Nai Harn event a chance to get on their feet. Publicity could have been better, and I m sure it will be next time. Beatiful place to have it, easy access control, January is a good month. Event was good :)

to pull a larger crowd, you may want to invite a sports bike club like the Ghostriders next time

but all in all, well done :)

Katabeachbum, we were there from 1pm when group ride took place. We actually expected to be better than last year especially since it was organized for worthy cause. Perhaps memories from perfectly organized Southern Big Bike Charity are still fresh in our minds and comparing these 2 events does no justice to NHBE2. At SBBC Saphan Hin everyone was happy and friendly, awesome group ride, beautiful bikes, great media coverage, colorful evening parties and charity auctions. As few posters mentioned, drunk farangs at the gate were bit of embarassment and moody biker groups each in their own corners ....anyway, we looking forward to next year and even bigger and better organized event.

I do have some video clips but nothing special really....will post them later on.