Dvd Recorders

Gra777

Does anyone know where I can buy a DVD reorder? I have tried Central & Homeworks and Powerbuy without sucess. Aparently they are so troublesome that they are not availabe.

Has anyone got a UBC recorder which is similar to Sky+. Last I heard they were being withdrawn.

Edited by LivinginKata
Reformatted from all upper case

I bought a Sony one from Chai Chang in Chiang Mai about 3 years ago, haven't checked since. It work with the UBC satellite dish and records programmes. Unlike the ones I was used to in the UK, it is not possible to set for one channel and watch another, but it has been working fine.

It's a RDR-HX70 or HX910, I'm not sure. It has a 250GB hard disc for the primary recording and then you can transfer ( with some editing) onto a DVD - great for removing the tedious adverts. Probably been superceded by now.

So I suggest you try a Sony dealer

Good luck

I'm surprised that PowerBuy have none in stock. I noticed a selection of Hard Drive DVRs in Lotus Tesco a couple of months ago. I bought mine in HomePro a couple of years ago but I notice that they don't seem to stock any more. Best of luck.

I bought mine 18 months ago in the electrical section at Carrefour. It was 3900 baht - for a Philips DVDR3600 model

Works a treat and copied all my VHS video tapes onto DVD (except some very fussy shop bought VHS video movie tapes)

At the time of purchase I had to take the display model as he said it was the last one - that might mean they did not stock up anymore.

Try a philips dealer.

Not sure about Phuket, but as far as Bangkok is concerned, they simply do not exist anymore. About two years ago they started being removed from the shelves and they have never come back. Some people think it's to make way for recordable Blue-Ray, but those machines are still scarce and very expensive, so i don't see why there was a rush to stop selling recordable DVD.

Anyway, i gave up searching and went for True Visions PVR, which for the most part is excellent. Does occasionally freeze but i hear all these types of recording devices can have issues of this sort. I'm happy with it, but it hasn't sold well and True Visions haven't bothered promoting it, so wouldn't be surprised if it does get ditched. I understand the machine will still work if they do, so i'll take the gamble.