Over 50 Thai Girls Went Missing After Online Chats With Strangers

webfact

I have only been there twice and reckon its a 'sleeze pit' if i took my dog there, he would bite me ! :)

in Pattaya my two german dogs would bite you for not knowing how to spell sleaze

555555555555555 Well done.

Edited by Jogden

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laugh all you want. It's good for the soul. Just for the record, she speaks, reads, and writes English better than most farang who use it as a native language.

Right, right. You've met most of the 'farang' here then have you? In order to judge their level of English, I mean.

And don't tell me, she's a Thai-Chinese Chula grad.

I think the fact that you come across as a sanctimonious git in your posts doesn't really help.

No, not a Thai-Chinese Chula grad. Never made that claim. But, the fact remains that she speaks reads and writes better than many regular folks in the US that I have met over the years. Especially those who have gone through the US education system in the past twenty years. No, I never claimed to know every farang in Thailand. I am sure that there are many much more educated than either I or my wife. My comment was a general statement that I have found to be true, and in answer to another post which insinuated that we can only communicate in "pidgin". Not every couple fits the "stereotype".

I was near Pattaya in Sattahip as part of a military detachment in years past. It wasn't a choice. There were times when we (myself and others) were required to be in Pattaya as part of military police duties. My comments are not a judgment of the people that live in Pattaya, or even of those that choose to vacation there. There are several nice places, but it's hard to escape street after street of clubs, most with the same purpose.

I judge no one if that is their thing, but I reserve the right to be disturbed by what I saw.

If being disturbed by desperately poor women and young girls being sexually exploited for financial gain makes me a sanctimonious git, then so be it.

It does not make you a sanctimonious git but if you live in Thailand it does mean you are blind. Must be rough. Good luck to you.

I knew a man that was retarded and he lived a normal life in the mountains of Arkansas. I know a couple of retarded people who live in the small town in Thailand where I live and they do OK. Not well but OK. Everyone knows them and looks out for them a bit. Not a lot but a little bit.

I have known a lot of stupid people who have left the security of a small town and got eaten alive in Chicago and NYC. Not places that dumb people should go.

I think Pattaya and Bangkok are the same. Not places dumb people should go.

So if you are a stupid person. By all means avoid Pattaya and Bangkok.

If on the other hand you are intelligent, Pattaya or Bangkok will not be a threat and can be a lot of fun.

I think this advice applies to Thais as well as Falang.