Retirement Investing

Unlike the above "everything is guarenteed and insured" investment the Star Capital Protection fund looks legit but a few issues:

Note that it will cost you money to pull money out the first 5 years - That is OK as long as one does not need to live of/take money out first 5 years

Also; what is not mentioned is that the capital guarentee is not guarenteed unless you hold the fund until 2015. So inflation at say 3-4% eating away at your capital for 10 years actually means that you LOST 40% or so of your original buying power. One has to walk to stand still (metaphor) and run to get ahead.

Also note that there is NO return guarentee - just the original (nominel) capital.

Their fees are on TOP of the underlying hedge funds fees, so I sincerly doubt that their 10-12% return target can be reached - I have seen too many fund of funds take a beating on the "double-fees" but at least a 10% return is realistic (being the historical long term return of some of the oldest stock markets as well as the SP500).

Personally I would chose a fund with a bit of history and an experienced manager - he will make the diversification for you (long/short/derivatives/commodities or whatever) - no need to pay a company to pick hedgefunds to do that for you.

The main idea of hedgefunds is to do (resonably) well no matter what the general market does.

Not saying that the above would not be good for some of ones money - but there are better products out there I would think - nope; you would have to pay me to figure out which! :D

Cheers!

Hi

You may find this useful

i've recently invested in a fund that offers 8-12% growth, but also it is a capital guarented fund so your original investment is safe should something go wrong

the fund is called All Star Capital Protection Fund Number 1, with capital protection provided by a large austraillian bank called MacQuaries and its Administrations Are Kleinwort Benson, i found out about the fund from my financial advisor but the website is www.allstar-funds.com.

Bye

Martin

:D

humm, :o

FireFan, what do you think ? :D