Red Shoulder Cords On Thai Police Uniform.

ScubaBuddha

Well, yes BIL is a police captain in Korat, so next time the mrs talks to him, she will ask, personally i think its riot police who wear this cord, somebody must have seen this in BKK, looks like some kind of garotting device to me, but will have a full answer soon..

Well, yes BIL is a police captain in Korat, so next time the mrs talks to him, she will ask, personally i think its riot police who wear this cord, somebody must have seen this in BKK, looks like some kind of garotting device to me, but will have a full answer soon..

Awesome! Thanks.

Right, after a call by mrs to BIL, The single red cord means they have just finished at the police academy, like a passing out parade thing, after that, they dont have to wear them unless on special duties, Like riot or royal duties, and one star on the shoulder epulatet,

Seargeants will have 2 red cords and 2 stars,

BIL has 3 thicker red cords and 3 stars, which makes him a captain, and yes Scuba, you are right, the 1 cord BIB tend to hang their whistles on the cord,,

Cheers, Lickey.

Edited by Lickey

Right, after a call by mrs to BIL, The single red cord means they have just finished at the police academy, like a passing out parade thing, after that, they dont have to wear them unless on special duties, Like riot or royal duties, and one star on the shoulder epulatet,

Seargeants will have 2 red cords and 2 stars,

BIL has 3 thicker red cords and 3 stars, which makes him a captain, and yes Scuba, you are right, the 1 cord BIB tend to hang their whistles on the cord,,

Cheers, Lickey.

Ok! Interesting. Cheers for that!

What happened to the new police uniform that was announced with great fanfare back in 2007? In Phuket they still wear those tightfitting drab versions.

Here is a shot of the difference between the new lighter versions and the old ones.

2058697031_2564b40fab_o.jpg

BTW, the key to discerning who is who in the police forces lies with the shoulder patches. Each division region and some units have own shoulder patch.

What happened to the new police uniform that was announced with great fanfare back in 2007? In Phuket they still wear those tightfitting drab versions.

There was tell that they were abandoned because they were too sexy and occifers were being harassed by ladies (and not-ladies....) :D

BTW, the key to discerning who is who in the police forces lies with the shoulder patches. Each division region and some units have own shoulder patch.

http://www.nationreligionking.com/police/