Brit Pensioners Take On Thai 'Killer Bride'

webfact

Does this sort of thing tend to just happen with all farang and thai women relationships, just if they're married or just uneducated or poor thai women?

After reading so many reports it does put me off having even a relationship with a thai girl!! but surely you cannot generalize?

How can you tell or see for tell tale signs that something horrible like this could potentially happen?

Thanks in advance.

Get a prenuptial agreement that give control of the assets/estate to a third party. A person you know and trust. If the potential wife knows she has nothing to gain from your death and still marries you it is better reassurance.

Does this sort of thing tend to just happen with all farang and thai women relationships, just if they're married or just uneducated or poor thai women?

After reading so many reports it does put me off having even a relationship with a thai girl!! but surely you cannot generalize?

How can you tell or see for tell tale signs that something horrible like this could potentially happen?

Thanks in advance.

There are loads of solid farang/Thai relationships. Unfortunately they do not make headline news.

Married, poor, uneducated or whatever makes no difference. It is all about the person.

Men get scammed and ripped off by their wives and girlfriends in EVERY country. My first wife - a farang - took me to the cleaners big time. Luckily I lived in a country where she was more afraid of the police and in spite of attacking me on a number of occasions, I survived and moved to Thailand. It never made the papers, and it didn't become a topic of conversation in the bars!

Do not prejudge people or believe everything that you read.

Life is a lottery. Take your time and enjoy it B)

Edited by Tropicalevo

News of this sort just re-enforces my belief in not getting married. Don't know why some of you bother anyway. :blink:

I am 100 per cent with you on this one.

We have all heard many, many stories of the farang marrying a Thai girl then dozens of people come out of the woodwork and demand a share of what you have or haven't got. Then when you don't play ball, or do play ball then run out of money, everything changes....

I am so cynical its beyond belief.

I wish Rees and Williams luck in their civil prosecution but they will need a lot more than 11,000 sterling to have a chance and they are now at serious personal risk.

As a general point all the Thai women who murder their farang husbands for money seem to have met their husbands while working as prostitutes. To be fair to the majority of Thai women who are not and never have been prostitutes I think it is necessary to consider what the statistics might look like in other corrupt third world countries where foreigners are in the habit of marrying local prostitutes, or even if this were a common practice in the West. Any amorous relationship that starts out as a financial transaction is extremely unlikely to be entered into with sincerity by the beneficiary of the financial transaction or to go well over the longer term.

Of course there are whores with genuine hearts of gold but not many and those precious few are unlikely to fall head over heals in love with an elderly foreigner pensioner with whom they have nothing in common and with whom they can barely communicate. On the contrary, having access to an old foreign geezer's cash makes these wives, who are usually well past first flush of youth and never were very pretty anyway, suddenly attractive to young gold digging Thai males who append themselves to the chain of feigned love like bloodsucking ticks by demanding more and more money for their affections and favours. The women experience the same emotions, finding what they believe may be love, having previously thought with some insight that they were on the shelf.

If you chose to have a relationship with a prostitute or former prostitute, at least don't register a legal marriage and, if you decide to include her in your will, add a clause that clearly disinherits her in the event you die in suspicious circumstances in which there is the faintest suspicion of her involvement. If she was available for commercial sex, don't try to rationalize things by redefining what your Thai partner was doing when you met as something other than prostitution. There are so many jobs in Thailand that they have to import 2 million foreign workers. She chose that course and whore is a whore.

Edited by Arkady

What is it that attracts the guys to these evil gold digging whores like a magnet? Is it lust, companionship, having a trophy wife or what?

Does the woman in the photo in the OP look like a trophy wife to you? :lol:

I wish the 2 guys luck, but really putting their own lives in danger.

The most likely outcome from these two guys actions will be 2 more unsolvable Farang murders.

The only way to enjoy life in Thailand is to keep your head down and out of the limelight.

I cannot fathom why any guy with enough clues to accumulate a reasonable nest egg, would not have the brains to keep it separate to any Thai union/marriage. There are so many cases similar to this, why dont the guys think with their brains.

I tend to agree with the post above...best step is not get married to start with. Play them at their own game.

Surely most guys now know, in the Thai dictionary "Love" is spelt M O N E Y

before I "cash in" and move to BKK with Thai GF, I am going to have this short post tattooed on my forehead (in reverse) so I can read every morning in mirror when I shave....just as a reality check! Thank you!

Seems like you are all assuming this woman is guilty, even without knowing the evidence. If you think Thai justice is bad, then you lot are even worse. You would have people locked up just because they are poor. All the evidence you need is that she is poor and her husband was rich. You lot are shocking. This woman may have arranged the murder of her husband, but it could also be her boyfriend who did it without her knowledge. You lot are too quick to jump to conclusions.

If you don't like it here and keep saying how bad it is, then please go home. Stop whinging and complaining all the time. If many Thais don't like you, it's got nothing to do with you being farang, but has everything to do with your appalling attitude. Even I don't like most of you.

Rees and Williams are to be commended, it;s high time someone STOOD UP and put their money where their mouths are, I congratulate both gentlemen, regardless of the legal outcome you 2 gentlemen are at least attempting to right a terrible wrong, you have my heart felt best wishes for success..

Let this be a reminder to all and sundry, we are not like, welcomed, or wanted here. It doesn't get any clearer.

Just so so sad.

Are there any words to describe something as this?

I think it's more a case of a 68 year old man marrying a 38 year old woman. Seriously, what does a 38 yo woman want with a 68 yo man, if it's not his money?

This is a very sad story and I also wish his friends luck with their pursuit of justice for the victim.

Get this thieves behind bars for the rest of their miserable lives.

Thai women are very dangerous and pretentious…..Beware!!!

"SOME Thai women are very dangerous and pretentious…..Beware!!!"

Fixed that for you.

Indeed, and thank you for that. The paintbrush in use here seems rather broad.

Just as not every farang is a child molester or thoughtless former construction worker advertising too much money, so too, not ever Thai family is a pack of thieving murderers waiting to marry and kill foreign men (or women).

Rees and Williams are to be commended, it;s high time someone STOOD UP and put their money where their mouths are, I congratulate both gentlemen, regardless of the legal outcome you 2 gentlemen are at least attempting to right a terrible wrong, you have my heart felt best wishes for success..

I could not agree more with you! I also wish these two gentleman all the luck in the world to succeed. There should be more like them around here!

It is obvious that the money involved is helping the murderers to stay out of jail - for now. Only a public campaign and lots of publicity in both foreign and Thai media will change this - once the iron gets to hot for the corrupt officials involved - they will drop it.

I hope the scumbags who murdered a dying man will rot - first in jail and later in hell!

So what is the British government doing about it?

Surely some political pressure would be effective?

When we move abroad we be on our own and not to expect the cavalry to arrive when problems arise.

It`s completely down to us to protect our own interests, use savvy and be sensible.

Number one, don’t play the lovelorn pitiful gullible fool. In some cases showing pity can be viewed as a form of weakness, a mug there to be had.

Trust no one; don’t believe all the crap that some people tell you.

Does anyone remember the traffic green cross code man? They should have a version for living in Thailand. Look right, left, and right again and listen for bullshit as well. This is because you can often suss out BS before it happens.

Now, would I lie to you?

The real question here is not that the guy was murdered. Not that the wife walked free. Not that the Thai Police failed to charge this women who appears as "guilty as sin" is WHAT THE HELL IS THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT doing about it.

Surely if a citizen is murdered then the Brit Government should knock on every door until the women is dragged screaming to jail...assuming her guilt of course!

They are many cases where public opinion was so loud that the government acted. I remember a young women murdered in Kenya and her father never let up for year upon year and created so PR that the government had to act. The same applied to a girl murdered in India...her mother never let go once until the Indian Police acted. This after they dismissed the initial case as drowning!

In Britain you can opt for a croners inquest in the UK even if the murder took place abroad. If the coroner decides it was murder and the evidence points to the wife then the UK Police MUST get involved and liaise with the Thai Police. I suggest that the two very nice guys use their money banging on British doors / inquests / MP's / News Channels etc until the UK government must act and look after their citizens. Just because he is dead does not mean he is forgotten! Shame on the UK government for their white wash. Get of their backsides, (UK POlice & Government) and help these very respectable and well intentioned friends.

Just my thoughts guys. I dont want a debate...I just want to state my views.

Regards - John.

Excellent advice John. Won't bring him back, but might just reduce the chance of it happening in the future -

Old men marry young wives in a country with a long tradition of marriage for money and without an effective legal system.

When all that is ultimately wanted by the woman is his money, what surprise that some wives decide that the challenges of being married to a man with his odd foreign customs isn't worth the hassle, particularly when she percieves the chance to have his money without him?

any man who exposes himself to this risk is sitting on a ticking bomb. if you must have her, then make very sure that you are worth more to her alive than dead, and that she fully understands this. the simplest way to accomplish this is to never legally marry, and there are other ways as well.

it is the duty of all in the know to forewarn starry eyed newbies to thailand of the truth of what goes down here.

Well said..

A lot of well justified anti-marriage sentiment on this forum..

Indeed, why anyone would choose to marry a Thai woman is totally beyond me. Even when married, the man has virtually NO rights as we would associate with marriage in any developed western country.

Even after marrige in Thailand:

1. Having to constanlty report as if an ex-con on probation.

2. Can't own land, have to sign a form saying you HAVE NOT paid for the house,even though you did.

3. Cannot work

4. Virtually NO chance of citizenship..ever

5. Wife dies and its bye bye farang, no visa for you..go home..yes, yet another very symPATHETIC thai law.

6. Help or assistance from the government for us :cheesy:...will NEVER happen...even though a thai wife can easily get financial benefits from our governments if they are married and/or well established in our countries...and yes, they are then set up for life if they marry an Aussie.

If Abbhisit and his cronies ever want to pull Thailand out of its sometimes "backwards" international reputation, why not look at marriage laws and rights for farang husbands?? Buddha knows he's addicted to "crackdowns" and establishing Thailand as the "hub" for everything good known to man.

Of course, we know it will never happen, but until then you would have to be crazy to even think of marriage here.

As an aside, I remember a poster on here a few weeks ago criticising me and other members for saying they would NEVER let a thai wife or GF know their true financial worth. The guy seemed to have the opinion that one would be dishonest, cold and untrusting if you had to hide your wealth from your thai wife...

Wonder how he is going now??

Hopefully he's not the next news headline :unsure:

Does anyone remember the traffic green cross code man? They should have a version for living in Thailand. Look right, left, and right again and listen for bullshit as well. This is because you can often suss out BS before it happens.

Now, would I lie to you?

Yeah, yeahh... the green cross code! Same time as 'Wear Something White at Night!'

My mate did that, white hat, white coat, white gloves. Even got white wellies.

Went out and got killed by a snowplough!

Old men marry young wives in a country with a long tradition of marriage for money and without an effective legal system. Any man who exposes himself to this risk is sitting on a ticking bomb.

Well said..

A lot of well justified anti-marriage sentiment on this forum..

Indeed, why anyone would choose to marry a Thai woman is totally beyond me. Even when married, the man has virtually NO rights as we would associate with marriage in any developed western country.

My advice to ferang staying here is - keep a safe distance from the locals.

If you want a partner look for a non-Thai national. A Shan would be a much better choice.

Even after marrige in Thailand:

1. Having to constanlty report as if an ex-con on probation.

2. Can't own land, have to sign a form saying you HAVE NOT paid for the house,even though you did.

3. Cannot work

4. Virtually NO chance of citizenship..ever

5. Wife dies and its bye bye farang, no visa for you..go home..yes, yet another very symPATHETIC thai law.

6. Help or assistance from the government for us :cheesy:...will NEVER happen...even though a thai wife can easily get financial benefits from our governments if they are married and/or well established in our countries...and yes, they are then set up for life if they marry an Aussie.

If Abbhisit and his cronies ever want to pull Thailand out of its sometimes "backwards" international reputation, why not look at marriage laws and rights for farang husbands?? Buddha knows he's addicted to "crackdowns" and establishing Thailand as the "hub" for everything good known to man.

Of course, we know it will never happen, but until then you would have to be crazy to even think of marriage here.

As an aside, I remember a poster on here a few weeks ago criticising me and other members for saying they would NEVER let a thai wife or GF know their true financial worth. The guy seemed to have the opinion that one would be dishonest, cold and untrusting if you had to hide your wealth from your thai wife...

Wonder how he is going now??

Hopefully he's not the next news headline :unsure:

Your assumptions are wrong here, my friend. A foreigner married to a Thai CAN work. CAN buy and own land (in the case of BOI-sponsored 100% foreign companies). CAN own a permanent structure on said land. CAN get citizenship. etc etc. But the way to do all of these is the same as a foreigner who is NOT married to a Thai.

Immigration office commanders from more than one office have told me that foreigners married to Thais are treated better by immigration officials - they keep telling me to get married, as they can't understand why I continually offer correct company paperwork when getting married would solve the problem.

I am very happy that marrying a Thai does not offer all the overly-politically-correct benefits that marrying an Australian offers. And I think the Thai electorate are also happy about this. Certainly a growing proportion (although, yes, it's still a small one) of Europe are calling for similar measures in their countries, as too many bad types come and exploit patriation through marriage - and one can hardly argue that Thailand only attracts the best types. Anyway, if husband rights are that unreasonable here, it begs the obvious question - why do it?

I've just read all the posts on here and there are a few suggestions some posters have made that I would like to highlight.

1. This case shows the flaws in the Thai court system.

Well, no it doesn't. It was the police who 'failed' to make a case, not the public prosecutor. This suggests that the police issued a Non Prosecution Order, although I expect a public prosecutor office or at least some of its officials took a backhander to approve of this.

2. Foreigners are not wanted or welcome here.

Depends who to - and likewise with immigrants in your own country! But at least your countrymen (should have) had a reasonable education. A lot of Thais didn't, so you can't really fault them for their xenophobia - unlike a lot of BNP or KKK types.

3. Foreigners do not win cases against Thais.

Rubbish. And that includes criminal cases launched by foreigners against Thai policemen.

Adding to that, I have my own thoughts:

- I think that 11,000,000 Baht will get one or two tongues wagging and will stimulate some form of re-investigation by the police. Whether it actually leads to a conviction is another matter. Nonetheless, I commend Rees and Williams for doing the right thing, and I am disappointed that it requires private action for public justice. Mr. Drummond, you have a personal responsiblity to keep up with this story - and it wouldn't surprise me if the 11m Baht fund included a lobbying fund for media outlets (although I know that's not the reasoning for your coverage of this story).

- Rees and Williams are now in danger, and should probably inform the British Embassy of this - but let's face it, they won't be offered any help at all. I don't know the full details of this case, but it looks like the Embassy haven't been very proactive in this case. I'm afraid I have no confidence in the British Embassy in Thailand either; I have had a bad personal experience with their indifference to their job.

- I think that hiring someone to kill the woman in question, as some posters seem to suggest woudl be a good idea, might not actually make the two friends feel any better. Some might suggest it would make them as bad as the murderer. And, just maybe, what if the woman in question was not involved after all (despite the confession, previous evidence to which we do not have access, etc)?

This is good news even it does no matter what will be the result. Maybe some Thai wifes will change their minds about killing husbands...

They won't change their minds just be more careful or cleverer. My friend was helped on his way by his lovely Thai wife.

Wooaah PB - is that IT ? How was the deed done ?, and more importantly, was there a trial ? - outcome ? Was there a police investigation and publicity ?

Now, would I lie to you?

Yeah, yeahh... the green cross code! Same time as 'Wear Something White at Night!'

My mate did that, white hat, white coat, white gloves. Even got white wellies.

Went out and got killed by a snowplough!

:cheesy:

lol considering the old man to young thai relationships ratio in thailand... a couple of murders can be expected every now and then ...

it would happen anywhere...Maybe there pretty ordinary people anyway and had it coming... as for putting up 11000 quid

very brave of the pair of pensioners & there mate would be so proud however they must have plenty because its a terrible investment and they must not want to stay too much longer in the great kingdom...punishment awaits them somehow i think.

I have always said that LOS is actually a LOJ (Land Of Jokes).

In this case it's rather LOGJ (Land Of Grim Jokes).

Cases like this are not endemic to Thailand only, except for the 'Justice' treatment.

Good luck to the dead mans friends, but I am very sceptical :jap:

It is the NatWest Bank that seem to be funding this animal's escape to freedom. All the money coming from that account is going straight into the pockets of the corrupt Thai Police who will facilitate the eventual freedom.

If I was a member of his UK family, i would be making this a cause-celeb naming and shaming that bank in every public media that i possibly could.. His account should be frozen.. the guy is dead and his money is being pilferred away by his murderers. The Thai banks can freeze it, the offshore banks can freeze it. Why not the bank from his native land?... The British police on request from the British Embassy in BKK should action the asset freezing. but No.... Why??

If this income stream becomes severed, then i will guarantee that justice will resume its course.. if not, this person is as free as a bird.

If you want a partner look for a non-Thai national. A Shan would be a much better choice.

I realise this is only your personal advice and not a blanket statement, but may I ask on what basis your advice is founded upon?

My personal advice would be to be just as (if not more) careful than chasing girls back home. There are good ones and there are bad ones - and the bad ones are on the lookout for easily-taken guys. Just like back home.

I've just read all the posts on here and there are a few suggestions some posters have made that I would like to highlight.

1. This case shows the flaws in the Thai court system.

Well, no it doesn't. It was the police who 'failed' to make a case, not the public prosecutor. This suggests that the police issued a Non Prosecution Order, although I expect a public prosecutor office or at least some of its officials took a backhander to approve of this.

2. Foreigners are not wanted or welcome here.

Depends who to - and likewise with immigrants in your own country! But at least your countrymen (should have) had a reasonable education. A lot of Thais didn't, so you can't really fault them for their xenophobia - unlike a lot of BNP or KKK types.

3. Foreigners do not win cases against Thais.

Rubbish. And that includes criminal cases launched by foreigners against Thai policemen.

Adding to that, I have my own thoughts:

- I think that 11,000,000 Baht will get one or two tongues wagging and will stimulate some form of re-investigation by the police. Whether it actually leads to a conviction is another matter. Nonetheless, I commend Rees and Williams for doing the right thing, and I am disappointed that it requires private action for public justice. Mr. Drummond, you have a personal responsiblity to keep up with this story - and it wouldn't surprise me if the 11m Baht fund included a lobbying fund for media outlets (although I know that's not the reasoning for your coverage of this story).

- Rees and Williams are now in danger, and should probably inform the British Embassy of this - but let's face it, they won't be offered any help at all. I don't know the full details of this case, but it looks like the Embassy haven't been very proactive in this case. I'm afraid I have no confidence in the British Embassy in Thailand either; I have had a bad personal experience with their indifference to their job.

- I think that hiring someone to kill the woman in question, as some posters seem to suggest woudl be a good idea, might not actually make the two friends feel any better. Some might suggest it would make them as bad as the murderer. And, just maybe, what if the woman in question was not involved after all (despite the confession, previous evidence to which we do not have access, etc)?

Wow - i wish £11,000 did convert to 11,000,000 Baht !!! Happy days... but it doesn't, so the fund is approx. 5 Million Baht, give or take.

lol considering the old man to young thai relationships ratio in thailand... a couple of murders can be expected every now and then ...it would happen anywhere...Maybe there pretty ordinary people anyway and had it coming... as for putting up 11000 quid very brave of the pair of pensioners & there mate would be so proud however they must have plenty because its a terrible investment and they must not want to stay too much longer in the great kingdom...punishment awaits them somehow i think.

I realise this is only your personal advice and not a blanket statement, but may I ask on what basis your advice is founded upon?

My personal advice would be to be just as (if not more) careful than chasing girls back home. There are good ones and there are bad ones - and the bad ones are on the lookout for easily-taken guys. Just like back home.

Agree 100% with this and your previous post. Thank you for being a voice of reason, fact is you don't hear about the happily married couples with good shared wealth and mutual respect/love for each other. Reading the comments in TV makes me feel that I must be the luckiest person in Thailand, I have a successful wife with much more assets than me, better educated than most people in Thailand or anywhere and truly is the love of my life.

I own a car in my name, a house in my companies name and the 30 min trip to the BOI office every 3 months doesn't exactly kill me.

But then again I am only 9 months older than her so how dare I compare my "abnormal" marriage with ones of people that were screwed over by people half their age?

Nah nah nah, i don't know where your 'back home' is, but in my 'back home', cases of young wives conspiring with secret boyfriends

to bump off the husband and inherit the estate are as rare as rocking-horse shit - whereas in LOS such cases always provoke a

'Oh no, not another one' type of reaction on TV and elsewhere. You have seriously overstated the similarities between LOS and

'back home' for readers whose 'back home' is a generally safer place for innocent, loyal husbands.