60 Days Extra As A Married Man

MY last 90 days on 1 year O issued Pert ends July

Can I get 60 day extension

When should I apply

Can I go any office ,office where I live no longer do the 1 year retirement and married visas sent me to Mae Sai

• I will need ?
  • Fee 1900?
  • Photos how many
  • Wedding certificate original
  • copy of picture and visa page and TM card
  • Anything please please as every time Ive been in the last 12 years it seems different
  • I read some offices require copy of wedding registry office book?

Thanks in anticipation

Just got my years Oz visa few seconds on the net clear info and FREE !!!!

60 days shouldn't need any photo's, but will need the misses to accompany you and her ID card and household registration.

Fee for any extension is always 1,900 baht, 1 photo should do it. I always take 2 or 3 to be safe.

You have to go to the local office for the area where you live. Seems that is Mai Sai for you. Have the misses call them to see if they are the correct office and to see what else is needed.

You can apply during the last 30 days of your permisison to stay.

If your visa ends in July then go for a border run the day before it expires and you will get a bonus entry with a 90 day stamp.

Making the 1 year visa valid for stay in Thailand for 15 months.

Then you can take your 60 day extension.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

If your visa ends in July then go for a border run the day before it expires and you will get a bonus entry with a 90 day stamp.

Making the 1 year visa valid for stay in Thailand for 15 months.

Then you can take your 60 day extension.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

I am here on a triple entry tourist visa, and have 1 entry left - should be able to extend until early May. I am married to a Thai woman - would I qualify for this extension, or does it only apply if I currently have a Non-O visa? I only need an additional 60 to 90 days after May, just wondering if this is better/easier than trying for back to back tourist visas.

Cheers

No problem, when non-O is required it is mentioned in police order 777/2551.

Example:

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

1. I'm on a 60 day TR visa now. Is it possible to extend this stay 60 days (for visiting wife), then do a border run get 15 days (visa exemption) and extend the visa exemption another 60 days (for visiting wife)?

2. Do we have to go to a specific immigration office to do the "visit wife extension"? (we are living in Bangkok, but her official address is in Phetchabun)

Edited by kokos

It is possible, although some immigration offices will limit it to only once per year. So not 100% guaranteed.

If the wife is registered in Petchabun, immigration might want you to do the extension there. But try, I suspect Bangkok might be understanding, especially if you/she can show proof of actually living in Bangkok. A utility bill in her name or something like that should be enough.

From Europe or Australia a multiple non-O would be available, if you go to vientianne you wil get a single non-O good for 90 days and if you go to Kuala Lumpur you will get a multiple non-O if you can show at least 100,000 in a bank account in your name.

Consider this to the cost of simply doing a border run for 15 days.

I would say a 90 day address report is the first application for extension of stay so no TM.47 report would be required. If done continually it would always be a new first application for extension of stay. Only if you extended longer than 90 days should a report be required.

I'm just back from immigration (Bangkok). I extended my tourist visa with 60 days.

Documents needed

Passport and copy of passport

copy of the tourist visa

copy of the departure card

copy of the entry stamp

One id-photo of me

Wife

Wife's id-card and copy of wife's id-card (signed by wife)

Wife's house-book and copy of wife's house-book (signed by wife)

Copy of wife's name-change paper (signed by wife)

Marriage certificate and copy of marriage certificate (signed by wife)

They did not ask for any documents verifying that we are living in Bangkok.

If I understand my wife correctly;

It is possible to first extend a tourist visa the "usual" 30 days and the extend it another 60 days for visiting wife.

It is possible to extend the "visit wife"-extension with another 7 days

It is possible to do a visa-run and then extend the visa exemption stamp with 60 days for visiting wife. (more than once a year)

all extensions are charged 1900 THB

• 2 months later...

I'm just back from immigration (Bangkok). I extended my tourist visa with 60 days.

Documents needed

Passport and copy of passport

copy of the tourist visa

copy of the departure card

copy of the entry stamp

One id-photo of me

Wife

Wife's id-card and copy of wife's id-card (signed by wife)

Wife's house-book and copy of wife's house-book (signed by wife)

Copy of wife's name-change paper (signed by wife)

Marriage certificate and copy of marriage certificate (signed by wife)

They did not ask for any documents verifying that we are living in Bangkok.

If I understand my wife correctly;

It is possible to first extend a tourist visa the "usual" 30 days and the extend it another 60 days for visiting wife.

It is possible to extend the "visit wife"-extension with another 7 days

It is possible to do a visa-run and then extend the visa exemption stamp with 60 days for visiting wife. (more than once a year)

all extensions are charged 1900 THB

I went to the Cambodian border yesterday and reentered Thailand on a 15 days visa-exemption-stamp. I went to Immigration earlier today and was granted a 60 days-extension of my 15 days. I had to sign my passport copies this time and had to show documents of our Bangkok-address. They wanted copies of both sides of the marriage certificate this time.

Edited by kokos