Anyone Know What The Dates Are For Petchaburi Town Festival In 2011?

chubby

anyone know what the dates are for Petchaburi town festival in 2011?

or specifically which day might see some traditional dance at the festival, i hear it is in february but i leave feb 14th ........

thanks

actually i Do mean petchaburi, not petchabun, but maybe i misposted it to central thailand

Chubs have you got Phetchabun and Phetchaburi mixed up?. Common mistake, saying that we do have lots of festivals through out the year!.

Thats in Phetchabun province!. :rolleyes:

I spoke to the misses on the phone this evening whose up in Phetchabun and she told me she'd been into the city to a festival with her family.

I asked her what the festival was for but all i got was :unsure:

She mentioned it started yesterday and as far as she knows it continues for around five days (Or thereabouts?).

FESTIVALS

Sweet Tamarind Festival

February

Held in February during the tamarind is ready to pick up and it is also the agricultural day of the province.

New Year Festival of Hilltribe Lizu

February

Held in February of each year. It is the ancestor veneration day.

Rum Jong, Rum Trng Nong, Rum ToneFolk Dance

April

Held during Songkran Festival. The musicial instrument is Tone and the number of dancer is about 20.

Chao Poh Ta Chao Tung Festival

May

The spirit house was built in the edge of the rice field. It is believed that the spirit will take good care of food in the villages and ensure the rainfall in their fields.

Hae Nang Maew

May-June

Held in the year when there are no adequate rainfall. The cat is caught into the basket and then the villagers will take it walking around the village with traditional folk dance. Whenever the cat arrives their houses, they throw the water to the cat.

Rocket Festival

May-June

Held during the period of May-June. It is the orignal festival of the north-east region. It is celebrated to maintain the local custom. The people bring firing homemade rockets into the sky for competiotion and entertainment . The owners of the rockets who win the competition wil be awarded.