Used Er6N/F

norwaygeir

I'm thinking off buying  a used er6n/er6f or versus, and whanted some advise for what to look for. I don't think there are many versus for sale, but what price is it common that the er6n/er6f going for (is it normal that thais puts ads with fixt price, or is it normal to bargain on it). What should I look for when buying a used er6n/f (thinking of common faults on the bike-type). 

Thanks

2009 ER6n's (no-ABS) in good nick can be had for as little as 160-170k Baht these days. If you find one for less than that it's probably been crashed or the seller is giving it away. 2010-2011 model ER6n-ABS go for a bit more. Check the service book to see that the bike has been serviced regularly by Kawasaki. Prices in Thailand are always negotiable.

Ride On!

Tony

2009 ER6n's (no-ABS) in good nick can be had for as little as 160-170k Baht these days. If you find one for less than that it's probably been crashed or the seller is giving it away. 2010-2011 model ER6n-ABS go for a bit more. Check the service book to see that the bike has been serviced regularly by Kawasaki. Prices in Thailand are always negotiable.

Ride On!

Tony

Tony

Where would one look for ER6n's in that price-range?

Just curious..:)

Ride On!

Tony

Tony

Where would one look for ER6n's in that price-range?

Just curious..:)

Well, they pop up on the various classifieds sites from time to time but are snatched up quickly.

I've got a Thai friend who says he's going to sell one of his low mileage ER6n's for 170k Baht with custom paint, sport bars and a bunch of other extras:

112710KunkarnSSR.jpg

Hell of a deal and will sell the second he advertises it.

One of my 2010 Ninja 650R in plasma blue sold for 200k baht, stock bike 6k km

Buying a bike with aftermarket exhaust, make sure you also get stock exhaust/cat as it is very expensive and you will need it some day to pass emission/noise test

No issues whatsoever on my 650s

so the usual stuff

check its been serviced at kwaker according to book

check frame number matches book

check its not been crashed

pay when transfer is accepted by DLT