Ukrainian Man Held Hostage By Thai Employer For 14 Years

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the story about the Burmese pineapple canners brings a patina of credibility to this story. The vast majority of sweatshops in the East End of London are owned by Asians so this facet of man's inhumanity to man is no stranger to the regional peoples.

That's quite an overstay. It took the family 14 years to notice he was missing?:(

The family had been looking for him, instigated by his daughter who was young at the time of his disappearance. There was no Ukrainian Embassy in Thailand at the time he went missing. Where do you start to look with no assistance when you have no idea where he was?

The obvious place to start looking would be to ask his employer I would think. Perhaps his employer had been paying his salary to the family while he was away. Perhaps the guy was entrapped by by a nice young lady's honey pot and couldn't face returning home to his 200kg wrestler wife. Who knows?

14 years with no pay? This guy was lucky!!

When I was held hostage, I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night,

half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump

of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill

owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home,

our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."!

Edited by jmccarty

Very odd.

This is unbelievably odd...In fact now that I think about it, I believe that I was held hostage in Thailand too when I realized how much I would have to pay in 14 years of over-stay fees.

'byjohnlafond' timestamp

max 20000 thb in that time till last year