Hanoi

Just a quick question, my nephew is arriving in Hanoi at the end of February and is going to apply at the Royal Thai embassy in Hanoi for a multiple entry "O" visa to Thailand. ( Yes, he has all the necessary documentation to support this visa).

Has anyone used Hanoi for applying for Visas, he is wondering how much time to allow in Hanoi as he is wanting to book ongoing flights.

Thanks

What is the supporting documentation at Hanoi? Multi entry non immigrant visas are not routinely issued in the area as in most cases you are expected to extend your stay at immigration inside Thailand if you qualify for such a visa issue. Normally people have a much better chance of such a visa issue in there home country than in the Southeast Asia area.

He is currently in Thailand on a 3 month tourist visa which is up towards the end of Feb. His child is in Thailand being cared for by the grandparents, and he wants to come back in on a multi O, he will have supporting letters from family which is what I meant by supporting documentation, sorry.

I got my non-Im B visa at Hanoi. They are strict about documentation. However, I received my visa next day. The office is very quiet - I was the only customer there on both visits, and they seemed surprised to see me.