Chiang Mai Friends Group Meeting

richard10365

Based on the interest of the last Chiang Mai Friends Group ThaiVisa topic, I thought many would be interested to foreigners in Chiang Mai.

The Sub Inspector of Chiang Mai Immigration will be speaking as well as answering immigration questions at the Eco Resort, Chiang Mai on Tuesday, 22 February, 2011.

Tickets

With Dinner

Members: 250 baht

Non-members: 320 baht

Without Dinner

Members 80 baht

Non-members: 120 baht

Tickets will be sold at the door.

The location for the Eco Resort, Chiang Mai is here.

Edited by richard10365

"I wonder if he will be saying anything we can't get answered on the visa section of TV."

No

And the staff at the immigration office do a very good job of answering questions anyway and you don't need to buy a ticket at the door.

The objective is not the provision of information, it is taking a commercial opportunity

Nothing wrong with spending money for a few nibbles and a coffee though if that's what you want

"I wonder if he will be saying anything we can't get answered on the visa section of TV."

No

And the staff at the immigration office do a very good job of answering questions anyway and you don't need to buy a ticket at the door.

The objective is not the provision of information, it is taking a commercial opportunity

Nothing wrong with spending money for a few nibbles and a coffee though if that's what you want

Indeed, but there must be a zillion more exciting places to do so.

I have nothing against CMF only the comments that were made in the last topic email and the response from the Convenor. I would probably go and it could be quite interesting except that it looks as if again the venue is not wheelchair accessible.

I have nothing against CMF only the comments that were made in the last topic email and the response from the Convenor. I would probably go and it could be quite interesting except that it looks as if again the venue is not wheelchair accessible.

Chiang Mai is an obstacle course for able bodied people, goodness knows the difficulties faced by those less able bodied, or like yourself use wheelchairs. It wouldn't be a bad idea if some of the clubs like CMF and Ex Pats, brought in someone responsible to discuss this problem, get it highlighted and hopefully get some improvements done.

Now that is something I would attend and have something to say about..

No

The food is always pretty good.

Why do you think it is not wheelchair accessible? I have been to the last event there. I don't remember any stairs. But it might have been because I take walking for granted.

I will go and check out the obstacles someone in a wheelchair might encounter and I will let you know.

Edited by richard10365

Why do you think it is not wheelchair accessible? I have been to the last event there. I don't remember any stairs. But it might have been because I take walking for granted.

I will go and check out the obstacles someone in a wheelchair might encounter and I will let you know.

I was going by the website of the lodge photos. If it is not I will go and check it out with pleasure.

I was going by the website of the lodge photos. If it is not I will go and check it out with pleasure.

Hi Harry,

The meeting will be in the pool area. I made a video of access to the pool. It looks like you will be able to attend. I look forward to meeting you there. :)

Check out the

!

Hi Harry,

The meeting will be in the pool area. I made a video of access to the pool. It looks like you will be able to attend. I look forward to meeting you there. :)

Check out the

!

Thanks for your efforts. I will try to make it. It appears that it may be possible.

Hi Harry,

Check out the

!

Hello richard10365.

What a decent chap you are to go to that trouble for harrry.

Need more like you.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird