Non Imm Type O Is Finished - Anywhere Local?

Hi;

I have a UK passport, am not married to a Thai and have had a non imm type O 1 year multi entry for the past 2 years - 1 in the Uk and the other from Perth. I've now finished my 3 moth extension, and don't really want to go back to either just yet. Perth were great, I had a copy of my girlfirends passport etc, and the lady told me just to put that I wanted to further the relationship - no problems.

I did KL 3 years ago, unpleasant and only got a 2 month single entry. But, I do have to go to Kl in a month (but would need 2 15 day cross overs to cover that). Anywhere in SEA to get a 1 year?

Ohh, I also no longer have a UK address (but do have a Malaysian PO box and Thai address), what is best to put on the docs?

Any advice appreciated

You don't seem to qualify for a non-immigrant visa, unless you are over 50.

In Asia or Australia you will not get a non-immigrant visa, only a tourist visa. If you go to the UK you can get a multiple non-O based on residing in Thailand if you can show a rental contract or something like that.

Perth is closed and Hull has changed its requirements.

I am not over 50, and have had a non imm-O for the past 2 years, so should not be an issue getting one.?

As for Perth close\d - I guess you mean today and not closed fully? I can top up with a shorter visa if requied...

You don't seem to qualify for a non-immigrant visa, unless you are over 50.

In Asia or Australia you will not get a non-immigrant visa, only a tourist visa. If you go to the UK you can get a multiple non-O based on residing in Thailand if you can show a rental contract or something like that.

Perth is closed and Hull has changed its requirements.

dam_n, I was going to book a flight to Perth soon too - I can get a long term lease no prob, ownership without being married - no,,, too risky

you say hull dont issue for that reason - what reason? I have a good long term income, thai bank acc with decent funds etc?

Perth closed last year. Hull no longer issues for that reason. The fact you had for two years means nothing today.

Hull does not issue Visas for the purpose of visiting friends anymore, it now will give a visa to those visiting Family instead.

You do not seem to qualify for a Non Immigrant Visa:

Not married to a Thai national

Not over 50

Not working here

Try an Education Visa that maybe your best bet, or tourist visas.

Edited by beano2274

Ok, have ben in the same house 3 years, just about to move tho - but have no contract (relations of girlfirend), but gues I could draw something up - likely to cut it with hull?

It is a new provision by Hull, so we don't know much about it. But based on the few posts I have seen so far and the relaxed service from Hull so far, I would say probably yes.

Or I could maybe get a non imm B - with a letter of a job offer (can get)?

No you will need a WP3 (receipt for Work Permit application), to get a Non

Immigrant B visa in the local area.

Edited by beano2274

Vientienne - double entry tourist visa,

Hull - 3 entry tourist visa, non immigrant 'o' based on renting in Thailand long term (at present)

have you done your last border run on the day before the visa expires??

Thailand don't seem to want you here long term unless you are married (to thai national), working, retired (over 50) or studying

You can get a tourist visa in KL, a double entry tourist visa in Vientianne.

A single is good for 60 days and can be extended with 30 days, a double will mean an entry of 60 days extend 30 days and then leave the country and come right back for the same. That will see you through.

Hi , my Non Imm O visa has now expired and im planning on flying out to KL soon to apply for another non Imm O based on having thai wife, I have the application form in front of me now,, can't remember seeing these questions last time I applied at Hull,,, anyway I would greatly appreciate any assistance here...

Current Address,,,, I assume this would be the address of the Hotel in KL that I am staying whilst the application is being made,,

Permanent Address ?? I have an Address in UK but I stayed in Thailand whilst I was working offshore,, could this cause issues to enter thailand as permanent address considering my non O has expired already?

also they ask for name and address of Local Guarantor,, and name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand,, assuming the wife could act as gaurantor in Thailand, but local gaurantor??

assistance appreciated

thanks

If you apply for multi entry be sure to have proof of 100k in bank account (required) and copy of marriage certificate, wife ID card and home register to show (dated and signed by wife) so that know marriage is real and ongoing.

Yes they want your local address and you can put your Thai address at foreign. Guaranteer is yourself (self) I always put and in Thailand could be same or wife (I always used self).

Hi , my Non Imm O visa has now expired and im planning on flying out to KL soon to apply for another non Imm O based on having thai wife, I have the application form in front of me now,, can't remember seeing these questions last time I applied at Hull,,, anyway I would greatly appreciate any assistance here...

Current Address,,,, I assume this would be the address of the Hotel in KL that I am staying whilst the application is being made,,

Permanent Address ?? I have an Address in UK but I stayed in Thailand whilst I was working offshore,, could this cause issues to enter thailand as permanent address considering my non O has expired already?

also they ask for name and address of Local Guarantor,, and name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand,, assuming the wife could act as gaurantor in Thailand, but local gaurantor??

assistance appreciated

thanks

sorry,,, I should rephrase that ,,,,, I think these questions were there last time I applied at Hull, but in the circumstances at that time were easier to answer,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

thanks

If you apply for multi entry be sure to have proof of 100k in bank account (required) and copy of marriage certificate, wife ID card and home register to show (dated and signed by wife) so that know marriage is real and ongoing.

Yes they want your local address and you can put your Thai address at foreign. Guaranteer is yourself (self) I always put and in Thailand could be same or wife (I always used self).

Hi , Thanks Lopburi,,, so if i'm putting in my name as Local Guarantor,,, should I then enter the (local) address as in the hotel in KL where I am staying ,,?

Hi lopburi3, is Vientenne ( LAOS ) issue NON "O" 1 year with multi entry ?

for live and support my 2 kids and thai girlfriend not married.

have 300+ in thai account.

have house here, but in her Thai name.

not 50+ year old.

not working.

my visa NON "O" 1 year multi entry from Penang is near finish and i would take a trip to LAOS soon, if they can make 1 year NON "O" multi entry for me there.

if not LAOS Vientenne where is the best choice to go at the moment ?

For support of Thai child do not know of any sure bet for more than single entry in the area. I do not believe KL will provide more than single entry. Quoted post was for wife.

You should also have the option to extend 60 days on any entry to visit children.

Vientiane will only issue a single. Best place to go in the area is Kuala Lumpur, with proof as in quoted post.

Penang does also occasionally, but often changes its policy.

Thanks for a quick answer, so its mean NON "O" 3 months single entry in Vientiane ?

Can this 3 months NON "O" single visa be extended inside Thailand at thai immigration ?