Loi Khro Clampdown Rumours?True

alant

All establishments city wide that sells alcohol. National law.

A national law that isn't being enforced nationaly.

We were in Chiang Mai over Xmas New year and saw the evidence at Old Bell and other places. We moved on to Bangkok and Krabi, no sign whatsoever of any enforcement of the law.

Only when your local BIB need money.:whistling:

It offends even pretty newbie-ish people who don't even go there, who claim all kinds of bad things originate there. :rolleyes:

Terrible place!

You get constantly molested by young girls, better to sit at home and complain about it!

I thank I'll have a few beers between 2-5 today and get caught up on the rumors.:D:burp:

it is hard to keep track of Thai law, i also understood the 2-5 no alcohol was to reduce the incidence of school kids drinking on the way back from school as the law making the sale of alcohol to them was being ignored in many places who, given they ignored the first law will probably ignore the second. TIT

i also thought it was illegal to advertise alcohol on TV, all alcohol but Chang beer is heavily advertised with football.

as for the advertising of overseas alcohol, as it is international economic conference time i am reminded of an interview with the Thai minister of trade who argued that such policies were not, of course protectionist.

I love this place, there is simply no way the mind can stagnate with old age, too many variables.jap.gif

... snip ... Maybe all the two timers will feel more comfortable sneaking around the back of Carrefour?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Uptheos,

Is there some place for shenanigans behind Carrefour which we've missed the opportunity to observe in order to hypocritically denounce it, and, thus, fluff ourselves under a manteau of righteous moral indignation ?

best, ~o:37;

... snip ... Maybe all the two timers will feel more comfortable sneaking around the back of Carrefour?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Uptheos,

Is there some place for shenanigans behind Carrefour which we've missed the opportunity to observe in order to hypocritically denounce it, and, thus, fluff ourselves under a manteau of righteous moral indignation ?

Are you using the term manteau as in a bloke with a long raincoat, collar turned up, trilby hat pulled down and sneaking into 'model top flat'? wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

Is it true that if you are indeed sitting in a bar as a customer between 2 and 5pm drinking a alcoholic beverage, that the customer will be fined 2000 baht also?

A further 2000 baht if you are smoking. Expensive afternoon out

Is it true that if you are indeed sitting in a bar as a customer between 2 and 5pm drinking a alcoholic beverage, that the customer will be fined 2000 baht also?

Just don't go at those times, I absolutely refuse to drink a beer out of a coffee mug or a glass with tape stuck over it....I'm not that desperate!

Double post.

Edited by uptheos

Just don't go at those times, I absolutely refuse to drink a beer out of a coffee mug or a glass with tape stuck over it....I'm not that desperate!

I wont say how many beers I had but between 2-5 a few were consumed and not one of them were covered up by any means.:whistling:

I love the fact that the BIB was very adamant about the beer condoms, no condoms with logos allowed.

What's next? Having to remove the labels from the bottles? seeing the Chang label on the beer you are drinking might intise you to have another, that is after all the reason it isn't allowed on the condom or any other place in the bar. :-o

... snip ... Are you using the term manteau as in a bloke with a long raincoat, collar turned up, trilby hat pulled down and sneaking into 'model top flat' ?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun UpTheos,

No, esteemed friend, we are using the term in its other meaning of a "cloak."

By the way, is the phrase "model top flat" an idiom, or a reference to Kate Moss' or Twiggy's mammary endowments ? We assume this is a specifically British usage ... but please correct us. We'll go ahead and Google for "trilby hat," and "trilby hat pulled down:" could 'trilby hat' be English slang for a condom ?

:)

Edited by orang37

I love the fact that the BIB was very adamant about the beer condoms, no condoms with logos allowed.

What's next? Having to remove the labels from the bottles? seeing the Chang label on the beer you are drinking might intise you to have another, that is after all the reason it isn't allowed on the condom or any other place in the bar. :-o

Sir, they are "beverage insulators". Possibly 'bottle sleeves' would also still be acceptable. But by using 'beer condoms' I think you're unnecessarily lowering the overall civilized nature of the Loy Kroh area.

I shall request a Small Leo in a matching beverage insulator and a separate chilled glass from one of your lovely waitresses this evening. (Either one of them. ;) )

... snip ... Are you using the term manteau as in a bloke with a long raincoat, collar turned up, trilby hat pulled down and sneaking into 'model top flat' ?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun UpTheos,

No, esteemed friend, we are using the term in its other meaning of a "cloak."

By the way, is the phrase "model top flat" an idiom, or a reference to Kate Moss' or Twiggy's mammary endowments ? We assume this is a specifically British usage ... but please correct us. We'll go ahead and Google for "trilby hat," and "trilby hat pulled down:" could 'trilby hat' be English slang for a condom ?

:)

In Soho, London which was/is basically the most famous red light district. Almost every door way had a sign "model top flat", "Suzette give French lessons" etc, You just ring the doorbell (so I'm told) and go up to conclude your business with said model. The raincoat and Trilby became synonymous with guys not wanting to be recognized whilst ringing the doorbell (so I'm told) wink.gif

1776363.jpg