Yellow Shirts Stage New Thailand Protest

webfact

No, but my strong impression over the years has been that PAD has a smaller hard core base of supporters than the red shirts.

the more the money, the more the support...

Ah, I see. So you mean PAD only had more support in 2008 because of the money provided by the amaat? Thailand's leading corporations and banks etc? Yep, you're probably right. The die-hard PADs probably feel betrayed by these fair weather friends.

Oh no! Not again the yellow shirt morons! Are they going to occupy Swampy again and shit on the baggage belts until their infantile demands are met?

So sick of these so-called good for the country protesters. All they do is <deleted> things up for the SME's. Like my wife's business. Those yellow dicks owe my wife a million still!

:bah:

No, but my strong impression over the years has been that PAD has a smaller hard core base of supporters than the red shirts.

Ah, I see. So you mean PAD only had more support in 2008 because of the money provided by the amaat? Thailand's leading corporations and banks etc? Yep, you're probably right. The die-hard PADs probably feel betrayed by these fair weather friends.

It's always nice to have an opinion, doesn't need facts just imagination ;)

Edited by rubl

Oh no! Not again the yellow shirt morons! Are they going to occupy Swampy again and shit on the baggage belts until their infantile demands are met?

So sick of these so-called good for the country protesters. All they do is <deleted> things up for the SME's. Like my wife's business. Those yellow dicks owe my wife a million still!

:bah:

I agree with the 'morons' part, the baggage belt stuff is a bit too much though. As for 'owe my wife millions', without further details no further comment. ;)

Sorry, but 0 for 3 in the suppositions department.

'Emptyset'

- snipped -

Actually, your two suppositions regarding my post are both wrong.

"hard core" to me means the violent element. Reds have a much larger group of these due to the higher level of monetary support that are dispersed for that purpose.

The US Ambassador reported back to the USA the yellow shirts were intent on getting at least 2 dozen of their own killed so the Army would step in with another coup.

Thanks for sharing this with us, please forward to WikiLeaks with appropriate details like date & time, place, name of ambassador, etc., etc.

Edited by rubl

The US Ambassador reported back to the USA the yellow shirts were intent on getting at least 2 dozen of their own killed so the Army would step in with another coup.

Thanks for sharing this with us, please forward to WikiLeaks with appropriate details like date & time, place, name of ambassador, etc., etc.

Apparently, Wikileaks already has it. It's something that came out during the 2008 protests.

Apparently, Wikileaks already has it. It's something that came out during the 2008 protests.

Exactly.

But you won't read about it locally.

The yellows had control of Government House and tried to instigate a massacre of their own supporters. An excuse for another coup.

They ended up getting tear-gassed that day but didn't take the hoped for losses.

Finally they had to take over the airports to make their point.

They are a selfish elite group willing to kill their own supporters in order to preserve their privileged way of life.

Edited by JWJ

Exactly.

But you won't read about it locally.

The yellows had control of Government House and tried to instigate a massacre of their own supporters. An excuse for another coup.

They ended up getting tear-gassed that day but didn't take the hoped for losses.

Finally they had to take over the airports to make their point.

They are a selfish elite group willing to kill their own supporters in order to preserve their privileged way of life.

Dear JWJ, when you post information from 2 - 2-1/2 years ago, you should say so. It may be related to 'yellow shirts', but not necessarily applicable to the current situation. Even in 2008 it might have been an (un)informed opinion of Embassy staff ;)

An unidentified speaker of the comment and without any other corroboration leaves the hearsay with more than a few holes in it.

Yellow-Shirts to Rally Until Demands Are Met

The leadership of the yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy has vowed to hold a prolonged rally at Makawan Rangsan Bridge in Bangkok.

Chamlong Srimuang, a leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy or the PAD, a group commonly known as the yellow shirts, has pledged that the yellow-shirt protesters will stage a prolonged rally starting from.

The group has demanded that the government revoke the memorandum of understanding signed with the Cambodian government in 2000, withdraw from the World Heritage Committee, and to eject Cambodians settling on disputed terriotory.

Chamlong claims the government could easily give in to these demands, but has refused to do so.

He says the PAD has no better alternative other than to take to the streets.

Chamlong has reaffirmed that the rally will not go mobile and will remain at the Makawan Rangsan Bridge in Bangkok for the next few days.

He has also pledged that the group will end the rally immediately once the Abhisit Administration has agreed to meet their demands.

He asked those who may be affected by the protest to be more understanding.

The yellow-shirt leader also talked about the discovery of some explosives found by the police near the rally site, saying the protesters are undaunted by this.

He said that the group has coordinated with the Metropolitan Police Bureau in overseeing security for the area.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-26

footer_n.gif

It's always nice to have an opinion, doesn't need facts just imagination ;)

I think it maybe true who sponsored the yellows but we will never know who paid for that 6 month debacle because nobody in government as the nuts or the will to carry out the same investigation they did on the red money trail. One things for sure they did not feed themselves for 6 months. Only the most powerful people can stop a government investigating how it spends its money. Its more than an opinion, think about who lit the funeral bonfire

The sponsor spectrum on both sides of this is HUGE... from individual donations to a cause of perceived public interest, all the way to huge financial institutions backing political figures in return for future benefits. I think the rumoured donator discussed above probably fits into both of these.

I still reckon Thaksin was the major funder of the UDD, because there are not as many businesses that had much to gain if he returned to power (as the UDD wanted).

On the other hand, I think that the PAD got a lot of private sector funding - initially at least - because the commercial playing field if you were in remote competition with any of Thaksin's (OK, not his - his daughter's, butler's, gardener's, wife's, whoever else's) many private enterprises. It was in the best business interests of many-a-corporation to get Thaksin out of power.

the former Ambassador who got replaced because his wife got these gifts of gold and diamonds from Potjaman, right?

I think it maybe true who sponsored the yellows but we will never know who paid for that 6 month debacle because nobody in government as the nuts or the will to carry out the same investigation they did on the red money trail. One things for sure they did not feed themselves for 6 months. Only the most powerful people can stop a government investigating how it spends its money. Its more than an opinion, think about who lit the funeral bonfire

Come on: Where is the red money trail? It started and than it stopped (either a deal was made or the fish was too big).

I saw myself one of the small subsubsubsub leader at the ATM with a handful of ATM cards taking out full from every. Easy to follow which ATMs close to the demonstrations got maxed out 5 times in a row and to how accounts belong, and than who put the money on it etc etc and freeze everything. Where are the people they found, now? What about the money? Nothing? Silent?

The sponsor spectrum on both sides of this is HUGE... from individual donations to a cause of perceived public interest, all the way to huge financial institutions backing political figures in return for future benefits. I think the rumoured donator discussed above probably fits into both of these.

I still reckon Thaksin was the major funder of the UDD, because there are not as many businesses that had much to gain if he returned to power (as the UDD wanted).

On the other hand, I think that the PAD got a lot of private sector funding - initially at least - because the commercial playing field if you were in remote competition with any of Thaksin's (OK, not his - his daughter's, butler's, gardener's, wife's, whoever else's) many private enterprises. It was in the best business interests of many-a-corporation to get Thaksin out of power.

I think our company paid approx. 100.000 Baht. Every time my wife went there she donated a couple of 1000s. All the companies cleaning or staffs rice is from ASTV shop. We also stock some and resell without profit. And a lot of our every greedy Chinese ethnic customer donated but money and goods. At PAD they called it magic.....if someone spoke at TV, it is wet a pickup from a shop come with umbrellas for free, if they tell they don't have pillows a pickup with donated pillows came, etc etc.

The middle and upper class paid.

PAD Urged to End Rally Early

The city police chief has asked key leaders of the yellow-shirt group not to prolong their ongoing rally.

The gathering is expected to continue for three to seven days and further assessment on the protests will be carried out after one week.

Metropolitan Police Bureau Commissioner Police Lieutenant General Chakthip Chaijinda called commanders and deputy commanders of 88 police stations in Bangkok for a meeting to adjust operation measures by emphasizing on reducing the number of crimes in the capital.

The city police chief also commented on the anti-government demonstration led by the People's Alliance for Democracy, or PAD, at Makkawan Rangsan Bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue.

He said the police have attempted to negotiate with the PAD leaders and asked them not to prolong the demonstration there.

Chakthip added that the police have been reported that the rally is expected to continue for three to seven days and further assessment will be carried out after one week.

The city police chief went on to say that more checkpoints have been set up in the capital after a man was earlier arrested with rigged explosive devices near the PAD rally site.

Police also apologized to the public for any convenience that may have been caused by stricter security operations.

In the meantime, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, Police Major General Kririn Inkaew, who is assigned to supervise the PAD rally, revealed after the meeting to update on the demonstration that the situation remains normal.

Kririn stated that the police have asked the PAD leaders to carry out the protests in line with law and regulations and the rally must not cause any problem to members of the general public.

He went on to say that the national police and city police chiefs have ordered intelligence gathering stepped up due to fears of possible attacks by a third party.

However, he said nothing unusual has been found and the police are considering adjusting the number of security officials deployed to monitor the protests.

Kririn added that both uniformed and plainclothes police have been allowed to carry handguns after a bombing attempt was uncovered earlier this week.

Moreover, the city police also set up 17 security checkpoints in the outskirts of Bangkok in a bid to prevent possible crimes at the rally.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-26

footer_n.gif

I think our company paid approx. 100.000 Baht. Every time my wife went there she donated a couple of 1000s. All the companies cleaning or staffs rice is from ASTV shop. We also stock some and resell without profit. And a lot of our every greedy Chinese ethnic customer donated but money and goods. At PAD they called it magic.....if someone spoke at TV, it is wet a pickup from a shop come with umbrellas for free, if they tell they don't have pillows a pickup with donated pillows came, etc etc.

This is scary! It means that only the 2000 crazy guys in the streets want the war against a neighbor country. Maybe tens or hundreds thousands Bangkokians want the death of young men in the jungle.

This is scary! It means that only the 2000 crazy guys in the streets want the war against a neighbor country. Maybe tens or hundreds thousands Bangkokians want the death of young men in the jungle.

No one wants war.

Why????