The Hunt For The Yorkshire Tea Bag

tonybuak

There's a business here.

Mail order within Thailand all those things expats miss. Like Yorkshire Tea. Branston Pickle was the one I always missed. Marmite another.

25 years ago i used to drive a van load of Branston pickle, Colmans Mustard & Hp Sauce down to southern spain from England to sell to the British pubs and restaurants every month. Nice living for a while till every Tom, Dick and Supermaket started doing it.

Wonder how long it would take me to drive to Thailand with a load up of pickle and teabags,lol.

25 years ago you didn't have expats living in the sticks in Asia with internet access.

• Like 2

I know it's not quite what you are looking for but Linnet English tea, found in Tesco lotus, makes quite a good brew.

If there is a Top's supermarket in Bangkok, you will find good teabags.Their branch in Pattaya stock PG Tips and their own brand of breakfast teabags. PG Tips are expensive, however their own brand are cheap and I find every bit as good as Tetley's.

Failing that, someone on this website provides a service who will post such things to you.

happy hunting.

Tops also stock Waitrose teabags which are excellent and cheaper than PG Tips,Central Chitlom's Tops has Marks and Spencers,Gold and Extra Strong teabags,also excellent and I'm at the moment drinking no less than The Duchy of Cornwall by Waitrose Assam teabags.I found them in Central Festival Phuket,having just move to Bangkok a month ago,I'll keeplooking and when I do find them I'll let you know.

Not Yorkshire tea I know but I've got to believe that most of the above are much better quality anyway than theirs!

Edited by Vale Tudo

why not get a box sent over , couldnt be much weight in a box of tea bags?

I admit to have being so desperate not to run out of PG Tips and not willing to pay the ridiculous prices to having a bag of them posted here by my sister. It wasn't cheap, but a lot cheaper than buying them at Tesco/Tops/Big C

My sympathies, wouldn,t be without mine when I'm over. A year or so ago a friend saw our boxes and thought she had seen the same in Paragon but its not something I can be certain about. Good luck with the hunt.

Saw loads of these large boxes in the pound shop last time I was over.

I admit to have being so desperate not to run out of PG Tips and not willing to pay the ridiculous prices to having a bag of them posted here by my sister. It wasn't cheap, but a lot cheaper than buying them at Tesco/Tops/Big C

So less than 250 baht then?w00t.gif

There are some scandalous comments on this thread.

FACT: tesco tea tastes terrible

FACT: PG and Yorkshire and Tetley have a distinct flavour. They are not simply strong.

I tend to buy 4 packs of PG at a time from Topps. Would prefer Tetley and Yorkshire but they don't exist here....

Now it is a scientific FACT that every Englishmen must drink a good cuppa every day. There is no actual evidence for this, but it is a scientific fact.

• Like 1

I brought out a box with me in August, the box is typical Yorkshire scenes, be a shame to open it! I got in my local Waitrose. I wonder if they do export or perhaps you could try Taylors for export or perhaps TOPS might do it.

it costs about £50 to send a bag , more than the tea is worth , in any case having Yorkshire on it is embarrassing.

Edited by Thongkorn

With all of us on here surely someone must know a kid who would be willing to become a personal shopper for us. I've used the British Corner Shoppe a few time and holy cow does that box ever fill up quickly £50 pounds for shipping.

My tea ritual is comical, I drink M&S Extra strong and I still swear the bag gives the tea a taste so I'm always busy cutting the bags so I can have loose tea & yes I know they sell loose tea but where's the fun for me.

it costs about £50 to send a bag , more than the tea is worth , in any case having Yorkshire on it is embarrassing.

britsuperstore delivers 600 bags of yorkshire for £38 all in thats 2 cups a day for 300 days sub 2000 baht. they use dhl though, and that is a dealbreaker because customs will probably hit you for at least the same amount

*****STOP PRESS*****

Found Bonny Prince Charlie's very own Duchy of Cornwall by Waitrose Assam Teabags in Tops,Central Chitlom on offer for 199 baht for 50 teabags.They are seriously strong too,had to buy a bigger tea mug to water them down a bit more!w00t.gif

They MUST be way,way better quality than Yorkshire,Tesco's etc?Come on people!rolleyes.gif