Oil Change

Semper

Anyone :rolleyes:

Don't know but l think the Vigo is near 7 ltr, so similar , If know one comes on board, sure the spares shop will know when you buy. :)

Thanks. But being a Cheap Charlie, I was planning to buy it at Tesco and they would not know :lol: So 6.5 Ltr it is.

Anyone :rolleyes:

Don't know but l think the Vigo is near 7 ltr, so similar , If know one comes on board, sure the spares shop will know when you buy. :)

Thanks. But being a Cheap Charlie, I was planning to buy it at Tesco and they would not know :lol: So 6.5 Ltr it is.

TESCO's :shock1:, read the can carefully in case it's made from recycled chip shop oil eh. :D

Well, the oil is not Tesco Brand but for sure, it could be recycled oil. :unsure:

However, we are not talking about a race-engine here :rolleyes:

Weeeell, they are all nuts and bolts and stuff and their life's blood for longevity in a truck or stress in a race engine is the appropriate oil. But l am sure l don't have to tell you that. :)

I always use synthetic in either, insurance. :D

Its probably about 5 litres to be honest.

500-1000 baht depending on OIl. most shops change the Oil for free or a pitance. doesn't really warrant DIY IMHO :)

Oil filter, under 200 baht

I wouldnt use fully synthetic unless on a very modern engine due tolerances and only when its been run in.

Edited by jubby

Its probably about 5 litres to be honest.

500-1000 baht depending on OIl. most shops change the Oil for free or a pitance. doesn't really warrant DIY IMHO :)

Oil filter, under 200 baht

I wouldnt use fully synthetic unless on a very modern engine due tolerances and only when its been run in.

Agree, as synthetic does clean all the crap off in an old engine thats been run on mineral oil all it's life.

As for tolerances, l ran synthetic in a 1968 circa big horse power V8 with big tolerances with great gains and no problems. :)

I ran synthetic 'MOBIL 1' in a land Rover Discovery Diesel. It was changed regularly. The engine lasted for only 50 thousand Miles. :( . Should have lasted for ever. I'm now a great Believer in putting in the Oil recomended by the manufacturers. The Hilux manufactures probably recommend a 15w 40 or something , but not from Tesco's :D

I ran synthetic 'MOBIL 1' in a land Rover Discovery Diesel. It was changed regularly. The engine lasted for only 50 thousand Miles. :( . Should have lasted for ever. I'm now a great Believer in putting in the Oil recomended by the manufacturers. The Hilux manufactures probably recommend a 15w 40 or something , but not from Tesco's :D

Any engine can have it's problems and not related to the oil used. Synthetic far excedes manufacturers requirements and in all cases is better than mineral oil. Only down side is it will find a marginally good oil seal. I know from experience. :huh::)

How about BIG-C :lol:

How about BIG-C :lol:

Thats oil from fried shrimp. :lol: