Hospital in Bangkok

Ziggy999

Dear All,

My non-Thai wife recently had a baby at a hospital Bangkok. We had read very good things about the hospital, but, sadly, the catalogue of rudeness, confusion and lack of information was ridiculous. The list is too long to describe in detail but, I would suggest anyone considering the hospital to seek further information about the service, or lack of it, offered. Do not expect any privacy, day or night, even in a private room. Do not expect politeness by almost any member of their staff. In all, I would qarn anyone against delivering a baby at this hospital.

Best wishes.

Not really sure how one would expect "privacy" in a hospital just after having a baby? The nurses have to be in constantly to check on the mothers wellbeing, change pad etc... and come to get her to feed the baby frequently (in the day and night).

We used the same hospital to throughout the pregnancy and had visited the delivery room, nursery and rooms several times and spoken with the nurses in each section before the birth in order to familiarize ourselves with how things worked and what to expect.

We went to Vibhavadi hospital and i was very happy with it.

My only pet peeve was that one of the nurses (possibly head nurse) seemed to think it a good idea to bring her kid to work every day (i'd guess about 5 years old) and he was an absolute brat running round the reception area, knocking stuff over, screaming etc... really needed a good spanking.