Vodka

Dawn

Been reading all about the low alcohol Singha gubbins today and was thinking to myself that Chang is my beer of choice when in Thailand.

But after reading all about the crappy chemicals they put in the beer - be it formaldehyde, ethanol or whatever - I've decided that maybe I shouldn't be drinking bloody beer at all.

My drink of choice here in the UK is Smirnoff - triple distilled and as pure as you're going to get (is this true??).

Anyhoo, can you get Smirnoff or Stoli (Stolichnaya) in Thailand?

:o

Anyhoo, can you get Smirnoff or Stoli (Stolichnaya) in Thailand?

I know that you can. get it. But have no idea how much in supermarkets. Was at Country Road Suk Soi 19 and in there for 2000 baht you can get a litre bottle of Smirnoff and mixers free.

That's pretty ###### expensive though eh? You can get a litre bottle over here for £12-£13, sometimes cheaper if there's an offer on.

Did you get a lot of mixers with it?

Country road is a BAR!

Suermarket about $ 10 (and up) depending on brand (there are some cheaper but tastes like window cleaner)

Sorry i should have said that Country Road was a live music bar.

2,000 THB still a good price for a bar if there's a few of you and you haven't got far to walk home!

The $10 supermarket price has calmed me down - thought I might have to take out a bank loan to feed my addiction!