After Some Info On The South Of Laos

Robby nz

Planning to fly into Pakse in a couple of months and have a look round the the bottom end of the country for 2 or 3 weeks and have some questions for anyone who knows that part of the world.

Assume a 30 day visa on arrival can be got at the Pakse airport?

Although aware of the risks am still considering hiring a motorcy for at least part of the trip, are they available in Pakse, cost, licence required?

Cheap place to stay in Pakse for a couple of nights?

Funds. What best to take Baht, US$?

Any ATM in Pakse or facility to get cash on a Thai bankcard? Dont want to carry a lot of cash if I dont have to.

Is there any land transport from the 4000 islands area to Chang Mek border crossing for the return to TL other than returning to Pakse?

Answer to most of your questions would be yes, dont forget tad fan ,wat phu, & the fur for breakfast,

god I miss laos. ( the south is best)

regards songhklasid :jap:

Hi Sid

Seems from your post you know a bit about the place and as you only posted in the last couple of days could I possibly trouble you for a bit more info?

Been up to Luang Prabang and want so see a lot more of Laos.

Got a bit of info from other tourist sites and have worked out places to stay, hire motorsy and eat in the south.

Still dont know about an ATM that will take a Thai bankcard?

Will they take Thai Baht around the Bolaven Plateau, islands or should I get a sack full of Kip?

Am on double entry tourist visa and this trip will be for the second entry, dont just want to do visa runs.

Next I plan to do the river trip from Chaing Khong to Luang Prabang and by road to Vientiane when my second entry is up.

Ever done that?

You can PM me if you dont want to post here.

Cheers Robby