Thai Patriots Network To Join Hands With Red-Shirt Protesters

webfact

You seem to know nothing about SA, <snip>

Educate us then.

It's not my responsibility to "educate" you on a forum like this, or in this thread, but you could look at my posting #10 above.

You can also look at the Wikipedia entry and Marja-Leena Heikkila-Horn's 1997 booklet (abridged PhD thesis) at http://www.bunniyom....ara/mara300.pdf

There have been more recent (2005 and 2007) studies by Joanna Essen and Rory Mackenzie, but they are very expensive ($77 and $122). Essen's book is not available (Amazon won't send it) in Thailand for some reason.

Santi Asoke has both admirable and questionable features, but it's not a cult (they will not accept donations before seven visits to a centre, and the monks refuse money if it's offered on alms-round) and it's not a political organization, but, as Engaged Buddhists, it has a social action component, rather like many churches in the West. I don't personally think the current action is wise, but Phra Photirak doesn't expect everyone to agree with him. He reiterates this constantly in his dialogues and welcomes opposing views.