Obama meets with national security advisers on Egypt

News_Editor

Obama meets with national security advisers on Egypt

2011-01-30 08:31:53 GMT+7 (ICT)

WASHINGTON (BNO NEWS) -- U.S. President Barack Obama on Saturday reiterated his call for restraint from violence as nationwide protests continue in Egypt. The uprising has killed more than 100 people in recent days.

Egypt plunged into chaos on Friday when tens of thousands of people took to the streets in Cairo and other major cities to demand the resignation of President Hosni Mubarak. Some of them clashed with security forces, killing scores of people and injuring thousands more. Protests continued on Saturday.

"[Obama] reiterated our focus on opposing violence and calling for restraint; supporting universal rights; and supporting concrete steps that advance political reform within Egypt," a statement from the White House said.

Obama met with national security advisers for an hour to review the situation in Egypt. Participants included Vice President Joe Biden, national security advisor Tom Donilon, assistant to the president for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism John Brennan, chief of staff Bill Daley, press secretary Robert Gibbs, and senior advisor David Plouffe.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-01-30

Obama? Egypt?

The people in the streets of Cairo making the news and not the US-president with an hour to review the situation and his standard rhetoric of concerns for whatever.

Any "tsunami" in the middle east sends shockwaves throughout the world especially USA.

What started as protests against the government somehow turned anti Israel. Mubarak being US backed, it may soon turn anti US, and so on.

so what is the problem for US president to review situation in the country which does and can have consequences for US?

Not to mention there is a problem in Lebanon and protests in Jordan and Yemen

Obama? Egypt?

The people in the streets of Cairo making the news and not the US-president with an hour to review the situation and his standard rhetoric of concerns for whatever.

Any "tsunami" in the middle east sends shockwaves throughout the world especially USA.

What started as protests against the government somehow turned anti Israel. Mubarak being US backed, it may soon turn anti US, and so on.

so what is the problem for US president to review situation in the country which does and can have consequences for US?

The information given in your post are interesting, necessary and important to stay up-to date and to know whats going on.

The article in the OP tells us nothing new except that Obama had a meeting with national security advisers for an hour. I don't think that this hour is really worth a world news headline.

Obama? Egypt?

The information given in your post are interesting, necessary and important to stay up-to date and to know whats going on.

The article in the OP tells us nothing new except that Obama had a meeting with national security advisers for an hour. I don't think that this hour is really worth a world news headline.

The Wold News Headline is informing people that USA is taking this events pretty serious(and so they should) not to mention, see who was at the 1 hour meeting

1.Vice President

2.National security advisor

3.Assistant to the president for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

4. Chief of staff

5. Press secretary

6. And senior advisor David Plouffe.

7. And of course the President Himself

Having all 7 in the same room for an hour, i would call it news worthy and serious, would not you?

Do you think the prostesters will care what the US is telling them?

Exactly for once youd think the global dictators of America would keep the <deleted> out of it, its this interfering in other peoples business that gets them quite rightly into trouble.

Edit, and the powerless wannabee global statesmen that are the leading Tory Party figures such a Hague and Cameron ought to shut the <deleted> up aswell, you could be pretty sure the average Egyptian couldnt care what they say.

Edited by Englander

The Wold News Headline is informing people that USA is taking this events pretty serious(and so they should) not to mention, see who was at the 1 hour meeting

1.Vice President

4. Chief of staff

5. Press secretary

Having all 7 in the same room for an hour, i would call it news worthy and serious, would not you?

Is that the inner circle of the Obama politburo?

And when they met, for an hour - serious business and instantly world news? More important than anything else like a report or news about Egypt itself?

1.Vice President

4. Chief of staff

5. Press secretary

Is that the inner circle of the Obama politburo?

And when they met, for an hour - serious business and instantly world news? More important than anything else like a report or news about Egypt itself?

What you may find important may not be so important to others. Such an instability in Egypt is of a great importance for US and its allies-pretty much common sense.

Also as i said on another thread to your comments, if you actually followed any news, you would know that Egypt expelled all the news desks including Aljazeera, so there is nothing coming from Egypt, but i guess thats also not important, since you were not aware of it.

PS. If you bothered all that much, just DO NOT READ IT!

Edited by kuffki

If Egypt becomes an Islamic Fundamentalist state ala Iran Obama can (will try &) say - "We did all we could to stop it" No you didn't - you jumped in on the side of the protestors rioters terrorists. Ergo you sped up the process.

Too bad when Iran was in turmoil Obama didn't get behind the "freedom fighters".

Exactly for once youd think the global dictators of America would keep the <deleted> out of it...

They do not seem to interfere with the rights of anti-American kooks to spread malarkey on the Internet. Maybe they need go back global dictator school. :lol:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Exactly for once youd think the global dictators of America would keep the <deleted> out of it...

They do not seem to interfere with the rights of anti-American kooks to spread malarkey on the Internet. Maybe they need go back global dictator school. :lol:

Im not pro or anti American i just see your ruling classes as power obsessed warmongers, i really couldnt give 2 shyts about the place as i will more then likely never visit, but why just for once cant they keep the <deleted> out of other peoples business, especially as the man theyve backed is clearly a nasty corrupt bit of work.

Besides if you had quoted all of what i said youll see i made similar comments, does this mean i am also anti British for being sick of politicians who cant even run their own country offering advise to protesters or at least people they believe are controlling them.

Three words --

Suez

Canal

Oil

It isn't just about Middle East oil. The transport of goods from Asia to Europe would be greatly hampered if something happened to the canal. So the Suez Canal means a lot more to Europe than it does the USA. Maybe we should let the Brits and French go back in and set things right - again. ;)

Edited by koheesti

Im not pro or anti American i just see your ruling classes as power obsessed warmongers, i really couldnt give 2 shyts about the place as i will more then likely never visit,...

That's a common thread among the America bashers I've met abroad. The people who have actually been have a more favorable opinion. Probably same for American attitudes towards places like France or China. People who have been tend to like them more.

Im not pro or anti American i just see your ruling classes as power obsessed warmongers, i really couldnt give 2 shyts about the place as i will more then likely never visit,...
That's a common thread among the America bashers I've met abroad. The people who have actually been have a more favorable opinion. Probably same for American attitudes towards places like France or China. People who have been tend to like them more.

Ive been and i like American people theyre very hospitable, i wish we had a Tea Party movement in England (or at least a small non interfering govt option) ... comprende ... its your current and past murderous do as i say govt that seems to want to create an empire when theyre 200 years too late to do as much ... but if you stop being defensive youll see i wrote the same thing about my own nations choice of government who spout out the same lines. Its none of their business!

Im presuming you think it is Americas business, if this is the case then surely any Egyptian govt should be able to influence American foreign and national policy. Or is this just a one way agreement?

Edited by Englander

Ive been and i like American people theyre very hospitable, i wish we had a Tea Party movement in England (or at least a small non interfering govt option) ... comprende ... its your current and past murderous do as i say govt that seems to want to create an empire when theyre 200 years too late to do as much ... but if you stop being defensive youll see i wrote the same thing about my own nations choice of government who spout out the same lines. Its none of their business!

Im presuming you think it is Americas business, if this is the case then surely any Egyptian govt should be able to influence American foreign and national policy. Or is this just a one way agreement?

Its funny, but all over the news All the Arab states are NOT happy about Obama NOT getting involved and want and expect for US to act, yet TV member from England is not happy about US NOT being silent.

So let me think what is more important, the Opinion of Arab state leaders or a TV member from UK?

Perhaps your opinion and attitude towards USA will change once Egypt is taken over by the Islamists and you have to pay double for gas, oil and pretty much everything else imported, who would you blame then?!

I do not think some people on this forum even grasp the current situation and the consequences it can bring to the world, putting aside Egypt having the largest army in the arab world(500 000 soldiers) and being the biggest Arab state in Africa and middle east.(82 000 000 people) with 2.5% of world's oil coming from there and 10 times more passing through there, not to mention natural gas

Should Obama get involved? Not too much. Anyone he - as the American President - "endorses" will be branded a bought and paid for American & Israeli spy of some sort. Better to keep publically quiet or at least be very vague and continue to pull strings like mad in the background. OR, let Egypt move in a more aggressive, fundamentalist direction that will end up with the US taxpayers losing $$ and Egypt losing more lives. That's what will happen if the peace under that asshol_e Mubarak is broken. A tough situation for everyone involved.

Im presuming you think it is Americas business, if this is the case then surely any Egyptian govt should be able to influence American foreign and national policy. Or is this just a one way agreement?

Its funny, but all over the news All the Arab states are NOT happy about Obama NOT getting involved and want and expect for US to act, yet TV member from England is not happy about US NOT being silent.

So let me think what is more important, the Opinion of Arab state leaders or a TV member from UK?

Perhaps your opinion and attitude towards USA will change once Egypt is taken over by the Islamists and you have to pay double for gas, oil and pretty much everything else imported, who would you blame then?!

I do not think some people on this forum even grasp the current situation and the consequences it can bring to the world, putting aside Egypt having the largest army in the arab world(500 000 soldiers) and being the biggest Arab state in Africa and middle east.(82 000 000 people) with 2.5% of world's oil coming from there and 10 times more passing through there, not to mention natural gas

Thats not over the news youre lying, because Obamas govt has got straight involved ... Or can you not see your contradiction .... But its about what the people of Egypt want not some politico with vested interests from Irsrael or Saudi want and the Egyptian people have shown they want Americas stooge out so why would the people of Egypt want America involved further?

America being in the middle east is the problem, let Israel sort its own problems out instead of funding the stalemate.

And if you seriously believe the Suez canal will be blocked stopping trade youre making that up thus are scaremongering.

Edit As for your fear of the fundamentalists taking non democratically, well that doesnt seem to bother American interests in Saudi.

Edited by Englander

Thats not over the news youre lying, because Obama has got straight involved ... Or can you not see your contradiction .... But its about what the people of Egypt want not some politico with vested interests from Irsrael or Saudi want and the Egyptian people have shown they want Americas stooge out so why would the people of Egypt want America involved further?

America being in the middle east is the problem, let Israel sort its own problems out instead of funding the stalemate.

And if you seriously believe the Suez canal will be blocked stopping trade youre making that up thus are scaremongering.

Ehhhh, can you please post a link to any statement made by Obama or US administration prior to today????

Do you actually have any idea of the world politics?do you really think America is in the middle east because of Israel? or did you just feel like sliding in some anti Israel comments just for the sake of it?

may i suggest you turn on your TV and change to news and try to watch it for little longer then 30 seconds, then you may see that it is not what i believe, but what is being discussed by the world leaders and analysts.

Funny enough you may also hear other concerns all those have and even funnier you will hear from people from the Arab world with their concerns

Once you have watched little news, i hope then you can come back with something useful to post

Thats not over the news youre lying, because Obama has got straight involved ... Or can you not see your contradiction .... But its about what the people of Egypt want not some politico with vested interests from Irsrael or Saudi want and the Egyptian people have shown they want Americas stooge out so why would the people of Egypt want America involved further?

Ehhhh, can you please post a link to any statement made by Obama or US administration prior to today????

Do you actually have any idea of the world politics?do you really think America is in the middle east because of Israel? or did you just feel like sliding in some anti Israel comments just for the sake of it?

may i suggest you turn on your TV and change to news and try to watch it for little longer then 30 seconds, then you may see that it is not what i believe, but what is being discussed by the world leaders and analysts.

Funny enough you may also hear other concerns all those have and even funnier you will hear from people from the Arab world with their concerns

Once you have watched little news, i hope then you can come back with something useful to post

No anti Israeli comments from me.

Im far more travelled then yourself, inc the Middle East.

All ive done for 3 weeks since returning home is watch news (no CNN Fox or any other US drivel) Just Brit drivel.

Here click this link choose a comment from Obama and

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=obama+egypt

Here are some more specific -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2011/jan/29/barack-obama-egypt-protests

Now how about answering some of the comments i have wrote instead of answering a question with a question.

All ive done for 3 weeks since returning home is watch news (no CNN Fox or any other US drivel) Just Brit drivel.

http://www.google.co...8&q=obama+egypt

http://www.guardian....-egypt-protests

Now how about answering some of the comments i have wrote instead of answering a question with a question.

Thank you for the google search links, perhaps you can point which one was the official statement on position of USA in regards to Egypt prior to 24 hours.

Now that you had watched Brit drivel as you like to call it, try watching Aljazeera!

I would gladly answer your questions, if you actually ask one.

PS. How exactly did you manage to come up with your fact of being far more travelled then myself???? Did you also google it? or........... ?????

PPS. Considering that Egypt problem started about 8-9 days ago, what exactly were you watching and following 12 days prior to that?(as you stated all you been doing for 3 weeks is following the news)

Edited by kuffki

Thats not over the news youre lying, because Obamas govt has got straight involved ... Or can you not see your contradiction .... But its about what the people of Egypt want not some politico with vested interests from Irsrael or Saudi want and the Egyptian people have shown they want Americas stooge out so why would the people of Egypt want America involved further?

Edit As for your fear of the fundamentalists taking non democratically, well that doesnt seem to bother American interests in Saudi.

If you believe Obama should not have gotten involved, why have you not commented on this involvment?

Please explain your last sentence concerning Saudi Arabia.

http://www.google.co...8&q=obama+egypt

http://www.guardian....-egypt-protests

Thank you for the google search links, perhaps you can point which one was the official statement on position of USA in regards to Egypt prior to 24 hours.

Now that you had watched Brit drivel as you like to call it, try watching Aljazeera!

I would gladly answer your questions, if you actually ask one.

PS. How exactly did you manage to come up with your fact of being far more travelled then myself???? Did you also google it? or........... ?????

PPS. Considering that Egypt problem started about 8-9 days ago, what exactly were you watching and following 12 days prior to that?(as you stated all you been doing for 3 weeks is following the news)

If bama saying something at the White House isnt official then i cant show you any statements ... does it need to be stamped and signed?

Yes i googled it and it also showed you as being a fat septic sexpat, who travels to poor nations for young kids.

But one question that youve never answered is do you believe America should get involved in all world issues such as this?

Edited by Englander